Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

The PCR test is accepted 3 days in advance which means I can take it before getting on a plane.  Guarantee no worries.   Going the Antigen test we have to fly and test in Amsterdam on Saturday.  If that goes south I just wasted airline tickets.  This test is not proctored and can do without any hassle of appointment.  That's the why.

• Like 1

I can't possibly imagine the reasoning behind doing a home self test, taking a photo of the results and then presenting it at boarding time? This logic defies all common sense!  Celebrity, at this point in the game do you really think someone who tests positive with no symptoms is going to refuse boarding??

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, atlantic ocean said:

I can't possibly imagine the reasoning behind doing a home self test, taking a photo of the results and then presenting it at boarding time? This logic defies all common sense!  Celebrity, at this point in the game do you really think someone who tests positive with no symptoms is going to refuse boarding??

we did ours July 1st, they had just dropped the test requirement to enter Italy, things have changed a lot since then

We both tested negative so we are now all ready to board tomorrow.

Anyone who is sailing from an Italian port visiting Greece and needs a test

2 days prior to sailing please do not worry.

There are Pharmacies (Farmacia) all over who will do the test. You will need your passport and it takes about 30 minutes to get the result and required paperwork,

There is no need to make an appointment we just walked in.

Hope this is helpful.

• Thanks 1

As far as I know they will accept any, but you now only need to have a supervised

test if the ship visits Greece or possibly some other islands in the Caribbean.

It seems they are accepting self tests for all other sailings. You need to 

look at the information for your sailing.

6 hours ago, swigso said:

As far as I know they will accept any, but you now only need to have a supervised

test if the ship visits Greece or possibly some other islands in the Caribbean.

It seems they are accepting self tests for all other sailings. You need to 

look at the information for your sailing.

Supervised tests still needed for Canada and Bermuda.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:16 PM, colliercruiser said:

For those who have used OnPoint for proctored virtual testing (using one's own home tests), does the appointment have to be scheduled many days in advance?  Can it be made the day before or even the same day?

My wife and I booked ours initially over a week in advance to make sure we could schedule.

we got into London ahead of schedule and went to the site to reschedule for earlier that day.  There were a lot of open slots and we were able to pick a time just one hour away and got it over with (that was three weeks ago).

I’m guessing as fewer people require the tests now, that the schedules will be wide open. 

On 9/15/2022 at 3:13 AM, swigso said:

We both tested negative so we are now all ready to board tomorrow.

Anyone who is sailing from an Italian port visiting Greece and needs a test

2 days prior to sailing please do not worry.

There are Pharmacies (Farmacia) all over who will do the test. You will need your passport and it takes about 30 minutes to get the result and required paperwork,

There is no need to make an appointment we just walked in.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you! This is very helpful to know. 

We will probably cancel our Italy, Greece, Turkey cruise.  Because of a positive Covid test.

But for next time….

If you board the ship at noon Monday must you do the test at noon two days before?  Or any time 2 days before for antigen test?

I just read the FAQ.  Has anyone used the refund policy?  Does it depend on when you BOOKED the cruise or when it was SUPPOSED to happen?  Our TA is saying no refund.  We have insurance.

55 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We will probably cancel our Italy, Greece, Turkey cruise.  Because of a positive Covid test.

But for next time….

If you board the ship at noon Monday must you do the test at noon two days before?  Or any time 2 days before for antigen test?

I just read the FAQ.  Has anyone used the refund policy?  Does it depend on when you BOOKED the cruise or when it was SUPPOSED to happen?  Our TA is saying no refund.  We have insurance.

Two days before. Boarding Monday, anytime after 12:01am on Saturday.

The refund may depend on Booking date; our one cancellation/refund was in May this year, booking originally done in March of 2019.

Was your Positive test just a home test, or one done in preparation for travel? How soon is your trip scheduled? If you still have some time before your trip,  you may have time to: a) get a PCR test to verify your status; b) isolate/recover for 5-10 days, and c) get a Certificate of Recovery. Which you can use in lieu of a Negative test for up to 180 days after the date of the PCR.

52 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Two days before. Boarding Monday, anytime after 12:01am on Saturday.

The refund may depend on Booking date; our one cancellation/refund was in May this year, booking originally done in March of 2019.

Was your Positive test just a home test, or one done in preparation for travel? How soon is your trip scheduled? If you still have some time before your trip,  you may have time to: a) get a PCR test to verify your status; b) isolate/recover for 5-10 days, and c) get a Certificate of Recovery. Which you can use in lieu of a Negative test for up to 180 days after the date of the PCR.

We have done multiple antigen tests at pharmacy and multiple at home tests.

10 days since exposure but maybe 7 days since symptoms

Pharmacy test antigen scheduled for both individuals tomorrow.  If either is positive we will cancel cruise.  Meaning no flight.  No cruise.

14 hours ago, Orator said:

I will be in London 4 days prior to my TA cruise,.  Does Boots do the proctored testing? Do I just walk in or need a appointment?

Thanks!

Not all Boots stores provide testing, and it has to be booked (or it did when we last used them). Another option is Lloyds Pharmacy, lots of them around but again needs to be booked.

https://www.boots.com/services/covid-19-testing/covid-19-rapid-test-service

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/covid-test-for-travel

2 hours ago, Mike.S said:

Not all Boots stores provide testing, and it has to be booked (or it did when we last used them). Another option is Lloyds Pharmacy, lots of them around but again needs to be booked.

https://www.boots.com/services/covid-19-testing/covid-19-rapid-test-service

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/covid-test-for-travel

Thanks!