Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

12 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

Can I check I understand this right, if I’m flying from the UK on 27th August to sail on Equinox on 29th I could get a supervised LFT done on 26th in the UK before I travel? 

Yes, 3 days before would be any time 26th, 27th or 28th. 👍

• Like 1

Hi All,

We are sailing out of Rome on 3 Sep so need a supervised test. 

We will be in Rome for the 2 days prior so need to get a test in a local pharmacy. 

Has anyone any recommendations? 

Travelling with some technophobes so going to rule out the video tests.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Ajh1986 said:

Hi All,

We are sailing out of Rome on 3 Sep so need a supervised test. 

We will be in Rome for the 2 days prior so need to get a test in a local pharmacy. 

Has anyone any recommendations? 

Travelling with some technophobes so going to rule out the video tests.

Many thanks

Hi 

I found this on the tour Guys web site

i think we are going to use this 

https://thetourguy.com/tours/rome/rome-covid-test

See the rules have changed again (assuming fully vaccinated). Our cruise ex Barcelona on 15 Sept (so post 5 Sept) now requires a test up to 3 days before, and only because the cruise is 9 nights. This has changed from 1 day before the cruise.  If the cruise had been 8 nights then no test required! 

And Celebrity state "Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test". Does this really mean I can buy a £2 lateral flow test from Boots and take a photo of the test cassette?

• Like 3

Hi all

We sail from Rome on 16 Sept visiting Greece.

We need to test within 2 days of sailing so my question is 

can we take the test on the Thursday or does it need to be

on Wednesday. We are fully faxed and boosted this is

getting very confusing. If we were flying to Greece we need not

test at all. Help appreciated from fellow cruisers

thanks

16 hours ago, rihabo said:

Has anybody been successful at uploading their Covid-19 vaccination card through the Celebrity app?  If so, could you please advise where that feature is located on the app.

I uploaded ours the night before the rules changed and by the morning it had vanished from the app.  I think you no longer need to upload anything you simply answer the questions re vaccination when you click on the Health Status section of the App.  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 1:17 AM, colingu said:

See the rules have changed again (assuming fully vaccinated). Our cruise ex Barcelona on 15 Sept (so post 5 Sept) now requires a test up to 3 days before, and only because the cruise is 9 nights. This has changed from 1 day before the cruise.  If the cruise had been 8 nights then no test required! 

And Celebrity state "Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test". Does this really mean I can buy a £2 lateral flow test from Boots and take a photo of the test cassette?

My understanding is after Sept 5 a picture of any negative self-test (non-monitored) is acceptable.  At least that's how I read it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rihabo said:

Has anybody been successful at uploading their Covid-19 vaccination card through the Celebrity app?  If so, could you please advise where that feature is located on the app.

With my app check-in, there is no place to enter the vax info.  There are now three questions to answer, 2 about vax and 1 about being pregnant.

19 hours ago, mitz18 said:

My understanding is after Sept 5 a picture of any negative self-test (non-monitored) is acceptable.  At least that's how I read it. 

How in the world can anyone prove anything with a photo of a negative test?   It could be from anyone and any date?!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AliceS said:

How in the world can anyone prove anything with a photo of a negative test?   It could be from anyone and any date?!!

Assuming nobody will bring a photo of a positive test.  Makes a negative test photo the only type they will see.  Yeah kind of worthless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AliceS said:

Following is from X's website for Barcelona embarkation.  Unless I am reading it wrong, you take a self-test, take a picture of the results & present it at boarding.  Most phone pictures have the date the picture was taken & I presume they will check the date when boarding, but I see no way to prove that (a) the test in the picture was done w/in 2 days of boarding (you could take the test today and take a picture of results in 2 weeks) or (b) that the test in the picture belongs to a specific passenger.

All guests ages 2 and older must test present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

• Like 1

Now I'm really confused. Sailing ex Barcelona, 15 Sept, 9 nights. No Greek ports. Fully vaccinated and boosted ie "up to date".

UK website says test required within 3 days of sailing.

US website says test required within 1 day of sailing.

App says test required within 2 days of sailing.

So what is it? 1, 2 or 3 days? Anyone managed to contact Celebrity as I'm having no luck?

On 8/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, mitz18 said:

I think that depends on your itinerary. I’m going to Bermuda and I’m pretty sure I need to show results from a proctored test. 

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I think that depends on your itinerary. I’m going to Bermuda and I’m pretty sure I need to show results from a proctored test. 

I have a 10 night Caribbean cruise September 26. Does my test have to be proctored or is self test ok?  Getting confused with all these changes.

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I believe so - I was responding to the posters question about their Barcelona cruise.  X's website has a list of ports of load and requirements for same.  For example, if a Barcelona cruise was going to Greece, the test would need to be monitored.  A Barcelona cruise just to Italy & France apparently (according to the website today) it can be a self-test non-monitored.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I have a 10 night Caribbean cruise September 26. Does my test have to be proctored or is self test ok?  Getting confused with all these changes.

It seems X wants us all to be confused.  Not sure any of us (including X) really understands what they have published.   My exchanges above have been about Barcelona embarkation & X's website has procedures for sailings after Sept 5th.   It seems sailings from the US only show as of August 8th & 15th, no further update.   Suggest you check the following page for updates, as well as your app and just hope that X will provide you timely info.   Good luck

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1