Military discount discovered!

JaneAustenCruiser

On 11/20/2021 at 12:07 PM, hawkesbaynz said:

I always book direct with Celebrity UK and recieve 10% off the fare excluding taxes. I quote my Defence Discount Card number to the advisor. No UK ex-military member receives a card direct from the government.

I booked my next cruise on the US website because of a big discount (it varies between the sites) and ticked military box. Naturally I do not have a DD214 as was British Army. I intend to take my discharge papers to Fort Lauderdale just in case.

By its terms (quoted above in #28), the military discount applies to military service in US or Canadian forces. It may be different for cruises from UK.

Edited by mayleeman

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise. We are loyal Princess cruisers looking for something new.

We have always gotten the military OBC with Princess.

How do you apply for this credit with Celebrity?

Thanks for the help.

48 minutes ago, adstz said:

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise. We are loyal Princess cruisers looking for something new.

We have always gotten the military OBC with Princess.

How do you apply for this credit with Celebrity?

Thanks for the help.

Celebrity doesn't give a Military/Veteran OBC like Princess. Celebrity gives a Military/Veteran discount off the cruise price. You need to call Celebrity (if you booked directly with them) or have your TA call Celebrity to request the Military/Veteran discount when making the booking each time. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity doesn't give a Military/Veteran OBC like Princess. Celebrity gives a Military/Veteran discount off the cruise price. You need to call Celebrity (if you booked directly with them) or have your TA call Celebrity to request the Military/Veteran discount when making the booking each time. 

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

The military, resident or first responder discounts are not available on all cruises and cannot be combined with many sales or even the Captain's Club upgrade.

Always ask.   You might be pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The military, resident or first responder discounts are not available on all cruises and cannot be combined with many sales or even the Captain's Club upgrade.

Always ask.   You might be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly what I said. 

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I don’t recall a booking in the past 5 years that we haven’t  gotten the military discount on, including our 10 current bookings.  The military discount hasn’t kept us from getting any other promotion.  

Same here on both statements.