How full are the ships sailing?

Also would like to know how many people will be on my sailing, they make such a big deal about having ship sailing at Limited capacitySo I am very curious to know what that means for the ship be at 50% 25% 75% I feel as a passenger we have the right to know if we want to know how about that since we have to go through all this extra protocol to get on the ship to take our vacation

• Haha 1

My son is on explorer this week for his honeymoon. He said there are around 1700 passengers and seemed to be as many staff as usual. Said ship looked great and Having a great time so far!  I’m looking forward to symphony first week of February, but will probably back pretty close to capacity I would Imagine.

2 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Also would like to know how many people will be on my sailing, they make such a big deal about having ship sailing at Limited capacitySo I am very curious to know what that means for the ship be at 50% 25% 75% I feel as a passenger we have the right to know if we want to know how about that since we have to go through all this extra protocol to get on the ship to take our vacation

RCI is not forcing you to cruise.  It's your decision; don't like it, don't cruise.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, goldengirl said:

Sounds like the numbers vary by ship and by sailing dates. Does not sound like there is a specific capacity overall. The situation continues to be fluid as more ships come back into service.  Also, sounds like the initial lower numbers were also impacted by passengers choosing not to cruise at the beginning of the cruising restart. More people are booking and sailing now. So, that is increasing numbers on sailings as well. I wish that I would have cruised back in September or October when more folks were still not ready to cruise. Now more folks are willing so the ships have more passengers. That will continue to increase. Have a great cruise!

On 11/14/2021 at 2:48 PM, FiremanPato said:

Just got off Liberty off the Seas out of Galveston. Someone mentioned 2600+ passengers. Ship definitely felt crowded.

Was hoping for a more empty feeling.

Youngest son popped positive the last day of the cruise, so that made for a fun adventure!

Was he vaccinated or under 12? Hope he is doing ok.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, goldengirl said:

What ship and when do you sail?

7 hours ago, blueslily said:

I wish that I would have cruised back in September or October when more folks were still not ready to cruise. Now more folks are willing so the ships have more passengers. 

IMO, still believe we'll see an increase in % through the holidays followed by a significant drop after the new year (assuming masks still required).  And a return of giving cruises away.  Us hard-core cruising types will jump thru hoops to cruise (masking in particular)....the general public that experiences it once will realize there are other forms of vacation (and other cruise line protocols) that are much more enjoyable.

Edited by bucfan2

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

IMO, still believe we'll see an increase in % through the holidays followed by a significant drop after the new year (assuming masks still required).  And a return of giving cruises away.  Us hard-core cruising types will jump thru hoops to cruise (masking in particular)....the general public that experiences it once will realize there are other forms of vacation (and other cruise line protocols) that are much more enjoyable.

Oh yeah, totally agree that numbers will steadily increase during the holidays. But, I think hard core cruisers as you say, will continue to increase after the holidays compared to % earlier in the restart. There are many cruise lovers who report having first sailings booked for Jan, Feb, and March. So, they will contribute to higher numbers. And, I agree that folks that find the protocols or cruising experience too different or unappealing right now,  may not return for a while. That's fine with me 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I saw that right after posting this. I saw the 4900 from someone onboard right now on another social media site. Maybe there is a disconnect on counting. Is it 3700 plus the children or maybe someone included staff in the 4900 count? No clue, maybe we’ll see an update come out.

They did not report separating out children versus adults. It was a number of passengers. 

Our holiday sailing was taken off Royal's site for about a month.  Makes you wonder if they reached capacity of total amount of passengers and thus stopped selling staterooms  (e.g. 65% full as per Fain's article for Dec)....or if they are also looking at % numbers in terms of kids under 12 (i.e. unvaccinated numbers)

You will see big numbers this week. It’s Thanksgiving. Kids will be plentiful since you only have to pull them from an abbreviated 2 day school week that nothing is planned for because of all the traveling people are doing.

57 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Oh yeah, totally agree that numbers will steadily increase during the holidays. But, I think hard core cruisers as you say, will continue to increase after the holidays compared to % earlier in the restart. There are many cruise lovers who report having first sailings booked for Jan, Feb, and March. So, they will contribute to higher numbers. And, I agree that folks that find the protocols or cruising experience too different or unappealing right now,  may not return for a while. That's fine with me 😊

I don’t mind any protocols including the masks which aren’t much of a problem, but the Covid testing causes me anxiety. We’ve been on two cruises so far with another coming Saturday so that means we need to test on thanksgiving day 😳

34 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I don’t mind any protocols including the masks which aren’t much of a problem, but the Covid testing causes me anxiety. We’ve been on two cruises so far with another coming Saturday so that means we need to test on thanksgiving day 😳

if u have the emed binax test just do it in the am.  Then enjoy Thanksgiving!  It's really easy.  Or just get tested at the port.