New look for NCL website!

nhtravels

Once you have selected the actual cruise and cabin type (ie inside, balcony, club balcony, etc) it is a new format from that point on.    

Everything else until that point is the same old, same old... but it may be a hint of some things to come!

I don't care for some of it.     I checked the cruise we are booked on for February. While using Firefox on my computer, it's the new format.   Certain categories of cabins will only show one cabin to choose from (it says best available).   Some categories will say, choose a different cabin.  When I look on my phone,  it's the old format, and it shows there are fifteen cabins to choose from.   Also,   it doesn't let you look at the deck above  and below  while trying to decide on your cabin.  It seem harder to navigate back and forth to different cruises and dates, to compare.   One thing that is good, if you continue to the end doing a mock booking,  it lays out the price breakdown and cancellation policy in more detail,  and asks if you want platinum, standard or no insurance  with a link to explain the insurance.  (If you check no,  it says something like, no,  I am willing to take a risk. 

Subtle difference that I noticed is with the new webpage while re-pricing one of our 2022 booking & doing a new mock one, not necessary with the website layout & presentation of key points, etc. 

The reminders about vaccination of guests stood up.  Once you proceed to select & book your stateroom category - the (currently 5) Free At Sea offers are shown.  But, you need to click "ADD" for the Specialty Dining and Open Bar options, the FASO Gratitudes changed based on your selection(s). 

Prices didn't drop either for ours ... well, they could've raised it ahead of the 70% sale next Tuesday, LOL. 

I see the new format using Firefox, but the old format using Chrome.

When using the new format to do a mock booking it picks out a cabin for you.  But you can select "Or choose a Different Stateroom".

It will then ask you to select Mid, Forward, or Aft (if your chosen category is available in those sections.)   At that point, you can search for available vacant cabins by Deck.  It will show you up to 15 cabins per Deck.

2 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

I just checked NCL website.    The old format for choosing a cruise is back.  Maybe the new format was a trial run.   The old format is so much easier.

I've been on the NCL website several times a day, and I've just gotten the old interface.  This is in Edge, Safari and Chrome.

13 minutes ago, chillyw said:

They could be doing an A/B test before a full launch to make sure it's still effective.

I'm guessing that using Big Data, they hacked CC and figured out who the big complainers were.  They've given them the crappy interface hoping that they just go to another cruise line.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The new design is absolutely horrible.

Defaults to having you select the "best available" cabin of the type you want based on the opinion of "best" of some at NCL.

Does not give you a deck-by-deck deck plan so there is no way to see what is directly above and below the cabin(s) you are considering.

Most of the links a VERY small and have almost ZERO contrast.

The new design mimics the layout of CCL which is extremely awkward to navigate.  Extremely user unfriendly.

I highly suggest that everyone who does not want the 'new and improved" to email ncaladmin@ncl.com with a complete list of your concerns.  Overall it is a VERY poor design and layout.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, id10t said:

Yea I am not a fan, also the dates are wrong on a lot of the cruises.  Here is a screen shot of room and offers.  You now have to click choose a different room to see selection.  

image.thumb.png.6ec9cff2c28636fe815200b4aed1c086.png

New format just showed up today for me - so now I have 2 reservations on hold because I didn't even see the option for my preferred category the first time through.  And no option that I could find to make a cabin selection - it just said "best available"

Itinerary days/dates were incorrect

Also not a fan....