Aqua class amenities

daydreamer16

Our last cruise in AQ they had the Yoga Mats that take a chunk of space in your closet.   I put mine on top of the cabinets to free up space.   In the shelves they had these really strange looking  Softball size rubber balls that I guess you use with Yoga and some other strange looking things.   They were in boxes and we never opened to see what they were.

One other thing we noticed is they use to bring a pitcher of strange tasting ice tea every day.  They discontinued this also as no one was drinking it.   They still bring those "Canopies" each afternoon, which we asked not be delivered. 

Thinking it would be more hygienic to avoid the well-used mats in the fitness room, I took the provided yoga mat to yoga class. It was brand new. But brand new mats have a slightly slippery finish and have to be worn in. I couldn't get a secure grip in poses, so I returned my Aqua mat to the cabin, and never used it again. For the duration, I just scrubbed down the studio mats before and after class.

Free classes for Aqua? I never got them on the Equinox, and was never advised that they would be  offered. Of course, I never asked! I'd love to know if anyone else might have identified themselves as Aqua and received free classes?

14 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

Thinking it would be more hygienic to avoid the well-used mats in the fitness room, I took the provided yoga mat to yoga class. It was brand new. But brand new mats have a slightly slippery finish and have to be worn in. I couldn't get a secure grip in poses, so I returned my Aqua mat to the cabin, and never used it again. For the duration, I just scrubbed down the studio mats before and after class.

Free classes for Aqua? I never got them on the Equinox, and was never advised that they would be  offered. Of course, I never asked! I'd love to know if anyone else might have identified themselves as Aqua and received free classes?

We were never advised of any free classes. Not even a note!  They are so happy to pass paper around, I would think a quick not at least would be nice.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, kwokpot said:

especially since I'm not on Always Included so no beverage package. 

If you're traveling with a second person, consider each person carrying on two bottles of wine...The terminal X-Rayers do not cross check bottles of wine per stateroom number.  In FLL, I had three bottles in my carry on, got all three on no problem, YMMV with carrying more than two bottles on but should be okay if two different people are carrying on wine.

• Like 1

This is from the updated FAQs on the Celebrity site relative to spa and fitness classes:

AquaClass® guests receive complimentary access to the Persian Garden (available on Millennium Series & Solstice Series) and SEA Thermal Suite (available on Edge Series), the spa relaxation lounge, dining in Blu Restaurant, a personal Spa Concierge, and priority check-in upon embarkation.

Are there any complimentary activities/venues in The Spa or the Fitness Center?

The Spa will feature daily complimentary activities from Fitness Classes, Educational Seminars, and Social Events. Event and activity information will be available in the daily program. The Fitness Center will provide guests with a minimum of 4 complimentary classes daily, ranging from body strength, cardio circuit classes, guided meditation, and breathing. A series of workshops will be available throughout the cruise covering topics pertaining to nutrition, exercise, and wellbeing. 

Which activities require a fee to participate in the Fitness Center?

In addition to the complimentary fitness classes, some activities will require a fee to participate. These classes include:
• F45 – a HIIT-style class on select ships
• RYDE®, Powered by Technogym – Indoor Cycling class
• The HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training class
• LIT Bungee Fit – Low Impact Training class with the use of bungee apparatus
• Contender – Group cardio boxing class
• Peloton – Virtual indoor cycling can be booked for select times

Is there a full list of activities available for the Fitness Center?

The following is a list of activities for the Fitness Center:
• MindSet Guided Meditation – Designed to help balance challenges endured on a daily basis for a peaceful state
• Re-Set Breathing Classes – A form of active meditation, this lung workout is designed to provide immediate relief
• 4D WOD – Legs, Back, Chest & Arms in one 30min workout, offered daily
• RYDE®, Powered by Technogym – Indoor Cycling class
• The HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training class
• LIT Bungee Fit – Low Impact Training class with the use of bungee apparatus’
• Pure-Form Yoga – Excellent for increasing levels of balance, concentration and focus
• Pulse Barre – a low-impact, high-intensity workout that incorporates Pilates movements
• Contender – Group cardio boxing class
• Peloton – Virtual indoor cycling can be booked for select times

What other services are available at the Fitness Center?

The following is a list of additional services provided at the Fitness Center:
• Individualized and Group Personal Training
• InBody570® Body Composition Analysis
• Nutrition Consultation
• Functional Stretch

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you're traveling with a second person, consider each person carrying on two bottles of wine...The terminal X-Rayers do not cross check bottles of wine per stateroom number.  In FLL, I had three bottles in my carry on, got all three on no problem, YMMV with carrying more than two bottles on but should be okay if two different people are carrying on wine.

When you contracted to sail with Celerity , you greed to all their policies. The current policy is:

"On embarkation day, guests are permitted to board with up to two (2) sealed 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age"

That's the rule. It shouldn't matter whether you think you can get away with more. Children do that, not responsible adults. 

2 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

When you contracted to sail with Celerity , you greed to all their policies. The current policy is:

"On embarkation day, guests are permitted to board with up to two (2) sealed 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age"

That's the rule. It shouldn't matter whether you think you can get away with more. Children do that, not responsible adults. 

with all due respect, you seem to worry to much about what others do in this regard.  Their decision, they accept the consequences, if any.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

with all due respect, you seem to worry to much about what others do in this regard.  Their decision, they accept the consequences, if any.

with all due respect, I find it appalling the number of supposedly mature and responsible  adults that feel their word is meaningless and/or only when they feel like it. Yet these people are among the first to complain if they think a company is not living up to their end of the bargain. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

After tipping, rule enforcement (chair hogs, embarkation windows, etc) is the most hotly debated topic on CC.  X also has the rule if they take your booze, they'll give it back to you to enjoy on the last night of the cruise.

21 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

with all due respect, I find it appalling the number of supposedly mature and responsible  adults that feel their word is meaningless and/or only when they feel like it. Yet these people are among the first to complain if they think a company is not living up to their end of the bargain. 

Doesn't take much to appall you as you once said you were appalled that so many people wanted to stay connected on a cruise.  You're also seemingly becoming appalled over your assumption (you know what that they about that term) that folks will complain which is rather comical, thank you for the laugh.

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

After tipping, rule enforcement (chair hogs, embarkation windows, etc) is the most hotly debated topic on CC.  X also has the rule if they take your booze, they'll give it back to you to enjoy on the last night of the cruise.

That may be a local practice a ship (I don't know), however, according to the published policy and the contract any additional alcohol brought on board at embarkation will be discarded.  Alcohol brought on board from a port excursion/stop will be held until the night before disembarkation.

19 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Doesn't take much to appall you as you once said you were appalled that so many people wanted to stay connected on a cruise.  You're also seemingly becoming appalled over your assumption (you know what that they about that term) that folks will complain which is rather comical, thank you for the laugh.

You are absolutely misquoting me. If you are going to quote someone, get it right.

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

🚔

On 11/17/2021 at 5:04 PM, daydreamer16 said:

Just received an email from Celebrity about my January cruise, in Aqua on the Silhouette. They were offering in room fitness amenities as well as amenities from their partner, goop. Is this new? Our last cruise was January,2020 on the Reflection in Aqua, but never was offered any of this?

My question is: Is it worth $350.00 to upgrade from Concierge Class to Aqua class. What are the benefits that are worth the upgrade and upcharge?  BTW that was offered to us when we got the Black Friday promotion for an $800.00 +$200 OBC difference in total price. Is the Blu dining room that much better?? We exercise by walking on deck. Also, we are first timers on Celebrity. Also, Elite on Princess and Platinum on Norwegian. 

50 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

My question is: Is it worth $350.00 to upgrade from Concierge Class to Aqua class. What are the benefits that are worth the upgrade and upcharge?  BTW that was offered to us when we got the Black Friday promotion for an $800.00 +$200 OBC difference in total price. Is the Blu dining room that much better?? We exercise by walking on deck. Also, we are first timers on Celebrity. Also, Elite on Princess and Platinum on Norwegian. 

Which ship are you sailing? Is that price per person or total for the cabin? Are you interested in using the Thermal suite at all? 

Edited by kwokpot

7 hours ago, STEVENJAN said:

We mostly book Aqua for Blu. The dining room is more intimate with lots of tables for two which we like. The food is very good in a lovely atmosphere. Also, the showers in Aqua are nice with the body jets!

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Which ship are you sailing? Is that price per person or total for the cabin? Are you interested in using the Thermal suite at all? 

that is the total. I don't even know what the Thermal suite is. 

Edited by STEVENJAN

2 hours ago, STEVENJAN said:

that is the total. I don't even know what the Thermal suite is. 

Like many we book Aqua because we like dining in BLU. We like the food, the service and the flexibility.

Smaller restaurant so it is quieter than dining in the main restaurant.  BLU tends to be a little healthier, still very tasty but less heavy sauces. You can still order off the main dining room menus. Also open for breakfast.

Dining in BLU is much more flexible with anytime dining. You are still close enough to converse with other tables but they don’t put you together with anyone else unless you arrange it 
If you prefer to have set dining with a designated assigned group of 6/8 or 10 you may want to stay dining in the main ding room. The same applies if you like to ask the hostess to seat you with others.

21 hours ago, Tirpitzz said:

Like many we book Aqua because we like dining in BLU. We like the food, the service and the flexibility.

Smaller restaurant so it is quieter than dining in the main restaurant.  BLU tends to be a little healthier, still very tasty but less heavy sauces. You can still order off the main dining room menus. Also open for breakfast.

Dining in BLU is much more flexible with anytime dining. You are still close enough to converse with other tables but they don’t put you together with anyone else unless you arrange it 
If you prefer to have set dining with a designated assigned group of 6/8 or 10 you may want to stay dining in the main ding room. The same applies if you like to ask the hostess to seat you with others.

Slight correction. It depends upon what ship you are on as to if you can order from the MDR menu. Only those ships where the MDR and Blu share the same galley will do that. 

I love the Blu but the food and service in the main dining room is just as good.  The pros for me are smaller dining room and depending on the ship I can order from either menu.  The newer ships offer more amenities in the Thermal suite (heated loungers for example are not available on the Summit, Constellation or Millinium).

The one other thing to consider is some cabins aren’t necessarily located in the best places on the ship.  Ie directly under pool deck, buffet or large overhang on balcony.

58 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I love the Blu but the food and service in the main dining room is just as good.  The pros for me are smaller dining room and depending on the ship I can order from either menu.  The newer ships offer more amenities in the Thermal suite (heated loungers for example are not available on the Summit, Constellation or Millinium).

The one other thing to consider is some cabins aren’t necessarily located in the best places on the ship.  Ie directly under pool deck, buffet or large overhang on balcony.

It's all subjective. I love being mid-ship, under the partial overhang, and beneath the pool. Ultra convenient, ultra quiet, and partial shade on the balcony. I also prefer the food in Blu as it's not so "gloppy" and I find the service far better as well (higher server to passenger ratio), 

On 11/20/2021 at 11:05 AM, Jim_Iain said:

One other thing we noticed is they use to bring a pitcher of strange tasting ice tea every day.  They discontinued this also as no one was drinking it.   They still bring those "Canopies" each afternoon, which we asked not be delivered. 

Won't miss that swill they call tea in the least.  We always get shrimp cocktail instead of canapes.  I'd also opt to save the closet space.  We even ask the attendant to take away the coffee table.  Never use it, but it's handy to bash your knee as you walk around it. 

1 minute ago, Guppy99 said:

It's all subjective. I love being mid-ship, under the partial overhang, and beneath the pool. Ultra convenient, ultra quiet, and partial shade on the balcony. I also prefer the food in Blu as it's not so "gloppy" and I find the service far better as well (higher server to passenger ratio), 

So true about being subjective.  We hate the overhang, and prefer forward under the hair salon.  Love Blu, especially for breakfast.  I will say we sailed on Connie's first return cruise and ate MDR and were pleasantly surprised at the food and service.

1 hour ago, marieps said:

So true about being subjective.  We hate the overhang, and prefer forward under the hair salon.  Love Blu, especially for breakfast.  I will say we sailed on Connie's first return cruise and ate MDR and were pleasantly surprised at the food and service.

So true. I don't much care for the breakfast at all 🙂  I worry a bit about giving an opinion because everyone's likes and dislikes are so different. Hate for some to just take my opinion and then be disappointed. although I am confident the cruise won't disappoint overall.

• Like 2