Shhh! Don't read this too loudly, it might jinx me!

PRNole47

After struggling mightily since July with a certain app that purportedly will make my life easier on board a PCL ship, after dozens of calls to PCL and speaking with multiple Level 2 IT techies, after repeated calls to other agents at PCL Central, after reading multiple posts on this board about similar problems others have had with the same "miracle" app, all of a sudden last night, with 2 days to go until my embarkation this Saturday, that magical app turned my embarkation status and check-in category from "ocean blue" to "emerald green."  Haven't a clue how or why it happened all of a sudden after so much petulance and out and out resistance to change and accommodation, except I was able to enter all of the info necessary for the desired color change. Everything I entered went in without a glitch. No frozen app flashing "Loading" endlessly. No "White Screen of Death" appearing after several minutes of "Loading." Even our Health Status was accepted without resistance.  Color me "lucky." 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good going!  We have had the same experience of late as well.  While on board the Emerald Princess last week the app worked perfectly.  Easy to look at the daily activities, review your folio to check on current charges if any, following fellow travel companions, send messages, ordering stuff, etc.

Enjoy using the app while on your future voyage(s)!

Congratulations. Let me tell you, my app for Narch 28/22 cruise worked well after a week of setting it up. Then through no fault of mine I went from green back to nothing filled in. Any changes to any of my bookings possibly caused these periods of updating. All is well again. I just left it alone and green lane was restored. 

I was informed that a the IT department worked on immediate cruisers before trying to fix the rest of us.  For me...it was 30 minutes before I left the house....after hanging up with OCEAN Navigator.  I had spent an hour with her.  Her attitude was:  "And what do you want me to do?"  So I know it wasn't her that fixed my Green Lane.

There is hope.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  

Well the App continues to behave poorly for me. Latest iOS.

I understand that originally there were data conversion errors and these needed to be fixed individually, so staff working on imminent cruises, but I cannot get Scan Passport to work and others have major  problems inputting Credit Card - these are 'function' problems with the app not related to existing data.

Even trying to add Passport manually the birthdate defaults to today's date with no ability to manually enter the date. It did seem to allow scroll back of the calendar, but month at a time! That is a heck of a lot of scrolling to get to my birthday !!!

On what planet does entering data MANUALLY not allow DD/MM/YYYY as a form of entry ? 

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On what planet does entering data MANUALLY not allow DD/MM/YYYY as a form of entry ? 

When we know the answer to this question...

We will know how long a year is on that planet.

We can then calculate when everything will be fixed by "the end of the year".

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

When we know the answer to this question...

We will know how long a year is on that planet.

We can then calculate when everything will be fixed by "the end of the year".

🙂

I recently booked Hawaii on the Ruby, 1/16/22.  I couldn’t get the Medallion app to take my country of origin or my Covid statement. Isle t 2 hours on with Princess/Medallion guy yesterday.  He was very pleasant and helpful, but at the end of my 2 hours, he said that he had to fill out a ticket cause there was a glitch in the system.  I asked if it was a glitch on my account only.  He couldn’t stop laughing after that saying that that was all he does all day working on peoples’ glitches.

30 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

He told me to wait a few days, delete the app, and reinstall it.

(not directed at any poster!!!)

He's secretly hoping (or not so secretly) that someone else will be handling phone calls then!

I'm still stunned that he was laughing at how bad things were.

5 hours ago, dog said:

Congratulations. Let me tell you, my app for Narch 28/22 cruise worked well after a week of setting it up. Then through no fault of mine I went from green back to nothing filled in. Any changes to any of my bookings possibly caused these periods of updating. All is well again. I just left it alone and green lane was restored. 

From what I have seen with the AP it is very sensitive to communication issues.  If it cannot access the data on the servers it will show them as being incomplete.  If Princess is doing maintenance on the databases same thing.  So I have found if you have completed and the data goes away, wait and see if it comes back later.  If you have poor internet connectivity the AP will be very erratic.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I understand that originally there were data conversion errors and these needed to be fixed individually, so staff working on imminent cruises, but I cannot get Scan Passport to work and others have major  problems inputting Credit Card - these are 'function' problems with the app not related to existing data.

Even trying to add Passport manually the birthdate defaults to today's date with no ability to manually enter the date. It did seem to allow scroll back of the calendar, but month at a time! That is a heck of a lot of scrolling to get to my birthday !!!

I was able to scroll by year, by month and by day so not much scrolling needed.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I was going to check that section of Personal Info & Documents, but I see MC App is acting up and my voyage info looks like missing.  In this situation, it seems best to leave it be and come back later, hopefully to find things working again.  (My OCEAN Ready data appears absent).

30 minutes ago, nocl said:

I was able to scroll by year, by month and by day so not much scrolling needed.

I was not able to try this. After a long wait 'Loading' it tells me I do not have any journeys. So must be a Server Access problem. Will try later, but did not see how to scroll year.