Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

30 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're driving to Melbourne on Thanksgiving Day then to Ft L on Black Friday.  I hate I-95 so thinking of cutting over to 1 at Deerfield Beach.  That make sense?

Why not cutover at Delray Beach - Atlantic Blvd has a great small town downtown area.  Head all the way out to A1A, turn south and stop for lunch at Caffe Luna Rosa.  Then, continue on down A1A for a relaxing scenic drive into North Lauderdale area and then IDK where your hotel is, but go from there.  A1A brings your right out on 17th St and you can check out PE as you drive by (or at least your passenger can get a look).  About 3hrs + lunch.

If that takes too much time for your liking, then Rt 1 is your other option.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Why not cutover at Delray Beach - Atlantic Blvd has a great small town downtown area.  Head all the way out to A1A, turn south and stop for lunch at Caffe Luna Rosa.  Then, continue on down A1A for a relaxing scenic drive into North Lauderdale area and then IDK where your hotel is, but go from there.  A1A brings your right out on 17th St and you can check out PE as you drive by (or at least your passenger can get a look).  About 3hrs + lunch.

If that takes too much time for your liking, then Rt 1 is your other option.

I'll check the map.  Not all that familiar with the options but we pretty much have all day.

We're staying at

Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale - Airport North

2301 Southwest 12th Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315

Megan's Bay, always a nice self excursion! $8 pp each way from the cruise dock. $5 pp entry fee. Rental chairs available or just throw a towel down on the beach. Beach concession for food and drinks if needed. 

IMG_20211123_121559755.jpg

IMG_20211123_121604525.jpg

IMG_20211123_121620345.jpg

• Like 4

If you are going to jump over at Deerfield a much more scenic way would be go East to A1A exit on Hillsboro Bl and take it all the way to Ft Lauderdale. A1A turns into 17 st causeway in Lauderdale takes right to the port, going over the bridge gives great view of port and the inlet.  

5 hours ago, CruisinChandler said:

See my post above. We enjoyed our morning in The Enclave. We plan on going back this afternoon when we get back on the Sky Princess, before we get ready for the Winemaker’s Dinner tonight.

What is the fee for the Enclave?  And also what is the fee for the Winemaker's Dinner and what does it entail?

2 hours ago, A1A said:

Megan's Bay, always a nice self excursion! $8 pp each way from the cruise dock. $5 pp entry fee. Rental chairs available or just throw a towel down on the beach. Beach concession for food and drinks if needed. 

It's been a long time for us.  Thanks for the scene.

2 hours ago, MarkE said:

If you are going to jump over at Deerfield a much more scenic way would be go East to A1A exit on Hillsboro Bl and take it all the way to Ft Lauderdale. A1A turns into 17 st causeway in Lauderdale takes right to the port, going over the bridge gives great view of port and the inlet.  

Yup - that's what I said!!!  Thanks for the support.  I had them turning off even sooner.  Why not enjoy more of the coast?

7 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Here is the menu for the Ocean Terrace. I’m not a sushi girl so I won’t have any food photos to post. Anyone else on the sailing dining at Ocean Terrace who could post photos?

63218161-18BC-4571-A38C-B377E5B914F3.jpeg

886260E8-35F1-4655-A71F-CAC78B0765AE.jpeg

99416C6C-D862-4477-BF01-6D665F226670.jpeg

Thank you KLM!  Looks good to me!

Just set sail from St. Thomas to St. Maarten. We had another great day on our cruise. I woke up very late and discovered we were already docked in St. Thomas. Headed down to the International Cafe to get a latte and catch up on email. Then onto Alfredo’s Pizza for lunch. I did discover they don’t have fresh basil on board so no Margherita pizza today but it was still an enjoyable lunch. Didn’t get off the ship until 2 and did a little shopping. Had a great shore ecu

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Reminds me of the Three Bears.  This photo shows just how large modern cruise ships have become.  IDK which ship the baby is at the rear, but a whole different experience no doubt.  Is that one of the premier lines?

ETA:  No other ship shown on the WICO dock schedule for today.

Our very first cruise was on the Cunard Countess in 1980 and one of our ports was St. Thomas...I imagine our ship looked like the baby bear one in the back but that was the size of ships then, I guess!

5 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Just set sail from St. Thomas to St. Maarten. We had another great day on our cruise. I woke up very late and discovered we were already docked in St. Thomas. Headed down to the International Cafe to get a latte and catch up on email. Then onto Alfredo’s Pizza for lunch. I did discover they don’t have fresh basil on board so no Margherita pizza today but it was still an enjoyable lunch. Didn’t get off the ship until 2 and did a little shopping. Had a great shore ecu

Sounds like a great day.  Thanks for sharing and bringing us along.  Can't wait to try Alfredo's in less than 2 weeks.  Did you notice if Sky had Planks BBQ or the Steamers pop up restaurants near the buffet?

Just leaving St. Thomas and sailing to St. Maarten now. Woke up late this morning to discover we were already docked in St. Thomas. Headed to the International Cafe for my late morning latte then to Alfredo’s for lunch. I was disappointed to learn there was no fresh basil on board so I wasn’t able to get my usual Margherita pizza but what we had was still delicious. I headed off the ship at 2 to do some shopping then connected with DH for our shore excursion in the late afternoon. We took a sunset catamaran sail and had a great time. I really enjoyed the rum punch topped off with champagne. The sunset was beautiful and the excursion was very relaxing. When we got back on the ship we went and saw singer/songwriter Mike Mentz in the Princess Theater. He has a great voice and his performance of “Go The Distance” was out of this world. I hope he has another show later in the week.

Tomorrow we are in St. Maarten and we have an early shore excursion with our friends so it’s time to go.

Ciao for now!

ED8DF080-2EAC-4263-BBF7-042B84BEF158.jpeg

C31B92F6-B457-42A0-90EA-590107D8115A.jpeg

54DF1BF2-BC30-489B-885E-B91B79DD1FE4.jpeg

94C4FBF5-98F8-4B34-9C38-C0AC51936B9C.jpeg

5B7C908C-67A1-403E-8E3E-45A81DB42AA7.jpeg

AC6F8D90-6A40-4923-9A35-8D669808D5FD.jpeg

02F86B37-8CF2-4DF0-AC22-1D56FA0835C2.jpeg

3C9E226A-EA60-4611-BC45-8B79918D577E.jpeg

1CF8F1C2-9FC7-4076-851E-EEBCD7C55C03.jpeg

FECDACC3-B747-45B9-98FD-3D0DBEF597C2.jpeg

E1E65747-B568-4BF1-8CD0-0A442989FB35.jpeg

FEF3BD20-F8C4-4DFB-BD0E-82825CD10964.jpeg

D9011BCB-6CC2-4C05-9E0E-335E79A70165.jpeg

88C61054-6CBE-4ACF-8B94-CE40423DF3EE.jpeg

Edited by KLM3164
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

We're also doing the sunset sail in St. Thomas when we stop on 12/7. Hope you had a wonderful time. We're looking forward to it. 

We had the best time on the excursion and I think you will love it. Sunset was awesome and rum punch topped off with champagne was even better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

We're also doing the sunset sail in St. Thomas when we stop on 12/7. Hope you had a wonderful time. We're looking forward to it. 

They are not offering this on our sailing.  Our port day in St. Thomas is on New Year's Eve, so that's probably why.

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

What is the fee for the Enclave?  And also what is the fee for the Winemaker's Dinner and what does it entail?

The winemaker's dinner was $40 in August. Here's the menu I had. It was a great experience and a very good value.

20210827_183601.jpg

20210827_183606.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2