Has anyone here tried the new online check in with photos ?

tripperva

As far as uploading a photo in the online check-in, it was easy enough. I did ours on a PC. In the process when you get to that point of submitting the photo, you browse to the file location of your picture. Click on the photo file and submit.  

37 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

FWIW, on Explorer this week, they did not use the online photos. They snapped new pictures at the terminal and again onboard. Don’t spend too much effort on it. 

I'm hoping this will hold true for us....Dec.20th. I'm a complete nincompoop with uploads...I've been worried about this for awhile. I'll give it my best college try, but good to know if I fail, we can still get on board with photos done at the terminal and on board....thanks!

42 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

FWIW, on Explorer this week, they did not use the online photos. They snapped new pictures at the terminal and again onboard. Don’t spend too much effort on it. 

HA! - I gotta laugh!...And someone "owes me 20-Bucks"!  But you can just pay up when you see me onboard our next cruise together.  Here's my comment to "Kwaz Girl" on July 23 (Post #16) on the discussion thread:  "Online check-in for Regent Cruises"....

"...Hi, Kwaj!  If you can't manage to get the pic/s taken/uploaded....  I'm sure Regent will make accommodations for those of us who are bit "technologically challenged"....

And you know what!!!.....I'll bet someone $20 "Bucks"....that whether we do all that or not.....Regent WILL STILL take our pictures (again) on embarkation day, and all that previous effort will be ignored/wasted anyway!!  Best Regards.  😜....."   

You can also donate that $20 to the favorite charity of your choice instead of giving it to me!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

I'm hoping this will hold true for us....Dec.20th. I'm a complete nincompoop with uploads...I've been worried about this for awhile. I'll give it my best college try, but good to know if I fail, we can still get on board with photos done at the terminal and on board....thanks!

Explorer is using the photo that they take for Facial Recognition purposes. You don’t use or need your keycard to get on or off the ship.  You look into a camera and monitor system, and it clears you thru Security. 

45 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

HA! - I gotta laugh!...And someone "owes me 20-Bucks"!  But you can just pay up when you see me onboard our next cruise together.  Here's my comment to "Kwaz Girl" on July 23 (Post #16) on the discussion thread:  "Online check-in for Regent Cruises"....

"...Hi, Kwaj!  If you can't manage to get the pic/s taken/uploaded....  I'm sure Regent will make accommodations for those of us who are bit "technologically challenged"....

And you know what!!!.....I'll bet someone $20 "Bucks"....that whether we do all that or not.....Regent WILL STILL take our pictures (again) on embarkation day, and all that previous effort will be ignored/wasted anyway!!  Best Regards.  😜....."   

You can also donate that $20 to the favorite charity of your choice instead of giving it to me!!

Getting ready to write that check....which charity? Maybe the under financed who want that world cruise!!!(giggle). You've made me feel better now!

Linda

• Like 1

On Splendor right now.  They took new Photos at check-in. 

The new facial recognition scanners at gangway work great. Nice to not have to deal with getting out  cards while going up gang way stairs. The whole process is much faster than the card swipe/scan procedure.

J

• Like 2

We uploaded our photos with no problem. The hardest part was getting a picture my wife approved. To get photos uploaded, from the browser your smartphone, go to My Account on the Regent page and log into your account. Go to My Account. This should take you to “My Upcoming Cruise”. Under important dates click “Complete Online Check-in”. When you scroll down you’ll see “Security Photo”. Click that and it will walk you through the process. You’ll have the option to select a photo already on the phone.  BTW, this assumes you are within the time frame for doing the check-in. Good luck and have a good trip. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:38 PM, Jimmcdaniel said:

Also on Explorer. Same experience as @Kwaj girl  They used the picture I uploaded. Very easy. The facial scanner also checks your temperature. 

Same here. But I did see them taking some people's photos during the quick-and-easy boarding process, so I assume those were the folks who didn't upload their own or there was a problem with theirs.

25 minutes ago, dvalentine823 said:

Used the new system a couple of weeks ago for our December 8 cruise on Splendor.  Process was easy and the upload was painless. And I agree with Oh2Bcruisin, the hardest part was getting the wife to approve her photo. 

Couldn't agree more - it was wicked easy.

We also used it last week for our Dec. 17th Splendor cruise.

Thanks to a friend letting me know.

When you hit the send button, nothing appears to happen and you wait and wait and

all of s sudden it says complete. 

WOO HOO! By some miracle, I actually did the whole online registration thing and all sections say complete, boarding passes section read "sent"....ah, nope. So far no boarding passes. We just did all of this yesterday so maybe I'm over anxious. Just sent Regent an email, mentioning the problem. Hope all will shake out soon.

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

WOO HOO! By some miracle, I actually did the whole online registration thing and all sections say complete, boarding passes section read "sent"....ah, nope. So far no boarding passes. We just did all of this yesterday so maybe I'm over anxious. Just sent Regent an email, mentioning the problem. Hope all will shake out soon.

Hi LInda - From the time we submitted the completed online check-in form to Regent....until the time we actually got the Regent Email back (with the boarding passes attached)....it took about 8-10 hours for us to receive it. We've got our fingers crossed for you!  Regards

• Thanks 1

I also must admit that doing the online check in that I was so worried about was very easy. Even a 

non techy like me could do it. If you use your iphone, you don't need to upload anything...Regent does it with their form. Phew....!!!