Just off Legend (here are the pics)

Ilovesailaway

Just off Legend 11/14 to 11/21. It was a unique cruise for a couple reasons. It was the first Legend cruise since the restart and its dry dock. It was also a cruise that was supposed to go to Bermuda but had a complete itinerary change to the Bahamas only a month before sailing.

It was awesome to be back on board a ship. The staff were in great spirits and many commented on how happy they were to have passengers back. Only a couple of small hiccups along the way. First was I had to keep going back to have my card scanned at the muster station because in the system it was showing that I hadn't been, ultimately a manager at guest services had to override it. Second was an issue at sea day brunch where our table had very slow and incomplete service. I felt like we slipped through the cracks. We waited an hour for cold eggs and never got our toast. Every other interaction with the staff was awesome.

I will share these pics so everyone can see the updates to the ship. Also some pics of the construction in Nassau. I know many are going there in the coming months and might be interested in the construction progress.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer.

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1868.jpeg

IMG_1869.jpeg

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1905.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1909.jpeg

IMG_1910.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

IMG_1929.jpeg

IMG_1933.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

IMG_1939.jpeg

IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

What are the snacks or apps served in the Red Frog Pub?

No food menu in the Red Frog Pub on Legend. You could order food on the Carnival App to be delivered anywhere on the ship. $5 room service fee applies. I did that once to have a pizza delivered to the sports bar.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Thanks for all the pictures!!  We leave in two weeks.  We've sailed the Miracle before so it's interesting to see how dark these ships are compared to new ships. 

Yeah, I really don't miss the Farcus interiors on the older ships.  Like being in a dungeon!  Or on some bad drugs.

Did the red frog pub have the happy hour on embark day?  

What was the earliest check in for your cruise?

Did you hear approx how many passengers on your cruise?

We sail in a aft extended balcony in 2 weeks on the Legend.  Our first cruise was on this ship out of Tampa over 10 years ago.  Our favorite class ship on Carnival.

Great pictures!  Thanks

I don’t recall seeing the happy hour in Red Frog when we boarded. I purchased my cheers package in there so I wasn’t really looking for what was on special.

I am gold and the earliest boarding time available to all non diamond or platinum was I believe 1200 to 1230. I picked 1 because I was driving and wanted to give myself a little more time. Well I made great time and arrived at the port at 1215, they let me right in. It should be noted though that we were the first cruise so we didn’t need to wait for ppl coming off. We were delayed a few hours getting back so I know the cruise after ours was delayed boarding.

I don’t have the official number of passengers but I heard from other cruisers that we were at about 60%. The ship was not crowded at all.

I know that the fun times and dinner menu are available on the Carnival HUB app

but can you get a copy at the service desk? Also, are they posting the dinner menus outside the dining room as they normally did? Great pics, we will be onboard Dec. 5. Although the interior is darker then most, I do like the layout. Also since going on Allure of the Seas 2 yrs ago, it's nice to be able to access more outdoor space. 

14 hours ago, dcwalker said:

Thanks so much for the photos! I'll be on her in January. Any comment on the food? What are the food options other than buffet, pizza, deli, cantina, Guys burgers, MDR?

We tried the steakhouse for the first time this trip and wondered why we waited so long to try it. We found all of the food on the ship to be tasty and nicely done with few exceptions (the breakfast sandwiches available for a surcharge on the room service menu were a disappointment and the burgers at Princess Cay were underdone). I tried a burrito from Blue Iguana for the first time and will make sure not to miss that on subsequent sailings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lostfancruiser said:

I know that the fun times and dinner menu are available on the Carnival HUB app

but can you get a copy at the service desk? Also, are they posting the dinner menus outside the dining room as they normally did? Great pics, we will be onboard Dec. 5. Although the interior is darker then most, I do like the layout. Also since going on Allure of the Seas 2 yrs ago, it's nice to be able to access more outdoor space. 

The menus for everything are available via QR code in each venue and the MDR menu is available on the HUB app. I didn't notice any menus posted outside of the dining room but I wasn't really looking for them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jbkinny123456 said:

What was the weather like??

In the 50's and clear the first and last day, I had no problem wearing shorts and a hoodie on the lido. Bahamas were high 70's. The seas were a little choppy and we had a light shower at times. It was a fun ride lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dcwalker said:

What are the food options other than buffet, pizza, deli, cantina, Guys burgers, MDR?

I thought the food in the MDR was really good. A lot of people love Guys Burgers but I think they are average. My go to is Blue Iguana for a breakfast burrito and the Deli or Blue Iguana for lunch. I would often grab my lunch and go sit by the pool,  Serenity, or my balcony.

Here is a link to what's available: 

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/?shipCode=LE

• Like 1