What’s new on Azamara?

Killin Time

4 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Perhaps not. 

And I'm with you on piped in music - it was everywhere it seemed.  That is a Celebrity legacy thing that should be dropped.  Loud jazz at anytime but particularly in the morning drives us nuts.

One thing I loved about Azamara was the lack of piped in music! Really hope they reconsider this change.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, crzrr said:

We were on the Nov 4 Spain Intensive cruise (our 13th Azamara cruise).  We were so happy to be back on board.  As mentioned, White Night and the Azamazing evening were different but, given the COVID situation, at least they tried.  The big thing that we noticed was the improvement in the food in the main dining room.  First, food is subjective so this is just our opinion.  Second, we have never had an issue with the food in the MDR, just usually chose other venues.  This time, we were eager to dine there.  We thought that the selection, presentation, quantity and taste were top notch!  Chef Nathan has done an amazing job.  We also enjoyed the buffet the one night that we went and the 3 nights that we ate in Prime C/Aqualina.  

We’ve previously enjoyed the meals in the main dining room as well as the speciality restaurants. We never eat dinner in the buffet—harder for us to control portions. Glad to hear that you think there has been an improvement in MDR. It’s always nice to have some updated items to enjoy. I’m looking forward to the changes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Thanks.  Looks wonderful.  Too late for us, alas! We were due to do a 2021 WC on Regent, but not to be.  I wonder if the cost of visas is also included. But nice to see those good long segments as well--one of the things that Azamara seemed to lack for me was longer cruises.

Does anyone know if Azamara quotes Canadian $ prices?  (I'm not in Canada right now, so can't check.)

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks.  Looks wonderful.  Too late for us, alas! We were due to do a 2021 WC on Regent, but not to be.  I wonder if the cost of visas is also included. But nice to see those good long segments as well--one of the things that Azamara seemed to lack for me was longer cruises.

Does anyone know if Azamara quotes Canadian $ prices?  (I'm not in Canada right now, so can't check.)

If you go on their website, scroll right down to the bottom and you’ll see a flag. Change the flag to the Canadian flag and you should then find the prices are in Canadian dollars (make sure it doesn’t surreptitiously change it back to US - sometimes you have to change it several times for it to ‘stick’)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If you go on their website, scroll right down to the bottom and you’ll see a flag. Change the flag to the Canadian flag and you should then find the prices are in Canadian dollars (make sure it doesn’t surreptitiously change it back to US - sometimes you have to change it several times for it to ‘stick’)

Thank you!  That worked, but the prices are still listed in USD, which probably means that Azamara does not quote in CAN.  Some cruiselines don't bother.

34 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thank you!  That worked, but the prices are still listed in USD, which probably means that Azamara does not quote in CAN.  Some cruiselines don't bother.

If you follow Grandma Cruising’s suggestion, I think you will find that all cruises will be quoted in Canadian dollars…except for the World Voyage.

Or at least I can’t find that information. 

I think that may change when the World Voyage is released for general sale. Right now it is in limited availability to those with loyalty standing in Azamara.

I believe general availability happens on December 7th, and I would expect prices to be quoted then in various currencies.

2 minutes ago, nordski said:

I think that may change when the World Voyage is released for general sale. Right now it is in limited availability to those with loyalty standing in Azamara.

Does "loyalty standing" just mean those who have sailed with Azamara?  That's me.  But then again, I might have tossed out email from them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Does "loyalty standing" just mean those who have sailed with Azamara?  That's me.  But then again, I might have tossed out email from them.

As I understand it, at this time anyone with Azamara Circle  Loyalty status is eligible.

Many find that they do not receive emails from Azamara and it requires attention to keep on their list.

But I must confess that I haven’t paid much attention to the World Voyage messages as we are not the target audience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I am guessing that is a yes; I don't get emails for Azamara either.  Using the link provided here I looked at the cruise and was able to request a quote (just curious).  It took about a week but I did get an email reply with a price for verandah cabins and a phone number to call -- perhaps using that method you could get a quote in CDN.  (The contact info page might have offered to contact by phone but I never do that, so I don't recall.)

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes, they do quote in Canadian dollars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We aren’t either - by a long shot 😂

There have been some interesting points raised about choosing a segment or two to join the world cruisers.

We would have to judge whether the positives outweigh the negatives.

• Like 1