Cruise History

katiecat

Do you lose your cruise benefits after so many years? They are saying they have no history of our past cruises.

We haven't sailed carnival since 2014 but had 9 cruises done and were gold one time.

Excited to try them again in January just hoping Conquest starts back up.

Don't know why you'd have lost your cruise history if you were considered gold before. Each guest would have a VIFP number. You can re-establish your history, some have submitted old pictures or documentation to help prove past cruises from years ago.

add: with 9 previous Carnival cruises you're well on your way to Platinum.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, katiecat said:

Do you lose your cruise benefits after so many years? They are saying they have no history of our past cruises.

We haven't sailed carnival since 2014 but had 9 cruises done and were gold one time.

Excited to try them again in January just hoping Conquest starts back up.

If you log into Carnival’s website, go to “my Cruises”, scroll to the bottom and you should see “claim a past cruise”, then fill in with your old booking numbers, ship and date. It should then be added, or gets added within a day or two.

Did you just recently create a sign-in on Carnival.com?  If you did, it’s possible the system automatically assigned you a new VIFP number showing zero cruises.  That happened to me when I created a new sign-in for DH.  It showed a brand new VIFP number with no cruises.  My PVP corrected everything.  Hope you can get yours figured out.

Edited by nwcruiselover

I have all my cruise cards. On the top right corner where your sailing date & ship  is would that be a booking number underneath? Other than that number it has a folio number but wouldn't think that would help much or maybe.

2 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Did you just recently create a sign-in on Carnival.com?  If you did, it’s possible the system automatically assigned you a new VIFP number showing zero cruises.  That happened to me when I created a new sign-in for DH.  It showed a brand new VIFP number with no cruises.  My PVP corrected everything.  Hope you can get yours figured out.

I'm a little rusty on carnival site now but I didn't create a new password. I was getting close to free laundry when I left for free beverages on NCL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

If you log into Carnival’s website, go to “my Cruises”,

scroll to the bottom and you should see “claim a past cruise”,

then fill in with your old booking numbers, ship and date.

It should then be added, or gets added within a day or two.

I maintain meticulous cruise documentation -

with booking numbers, dates, even voyage number.

Of course, because I'm so well prepared, I'll never need it!
That how life goes.

• Like 1

Unlike other travel rewards programs, you do not lose your benefits if you don't cruise within a specified time. Carnival should be able to retrieve your history using your name and DOB. 

Your past cruises are likely tied to a past guest (VIFP) number different from what is shown on your login.  The VIFP numbers show on the Sail and Sign Cards from our most recent cruises and I assume that they were on your cards in 2014.  You can check to see if the VIFP number on one of your old Sail and Sign cards matches what is shown when you log into your account on Carnival.com. 

Worst case, you can submit a photocopy of your old Sail and Sign cards to reestablish your history.  If your past cruises were 7 days each, you are only a couple of cruises away from reaching Platinum.

Edited by TomCruise48

We first sailed on Carnival in 2001 and our next cruise was in 2012. I just went to the manage VIFP pages after our 2012 cruise and clicked on add a cruise on the my cruises page. I think all I knew was the ship name and year or some such minimal information. I didn't expect anything but figured what the heck? To my surprise when I went to book our next cruise it was there. So just give it a shot with what information you have and see what happens before going to a lot of trouble to dredge up information.

Note that they kind of bury the my cruises page. The way I get there is from the main carnival.com page, click manage, vifp club, and on that page click show my offers. At the bottom of that page is a link for my cruises. There is probably a faster way, but ever since they "improved" their web site I find it tough to find anything.

1 hour ago, PhotoMike said:

I sailed on the Carnivale back in the 80's when I was a teenager with my parents. It was just a 3 day to the Bahamas, but I wonder if I found any old pics, etc. if they'd credit me those days?

Yes, they would definitely consider any proof you submit and likely approve credit with basic evidence.

We hadn't sailed with Carnival since 2014 when we started sailing again this year.  All of our cruises - even from much longer ago - were in our account when I logged in this summer.  I was also able to help a friend find their past guest number with just their name and birthdate, no recollection of any cruise dates.  They clearly maintain a pretty good database, it should be easy to get you sorted.  You should still be Gold!

19 hours ago, katiecat said:

I'm a little rusty on carnival site now but I didn't create a new password. I was getting close to free laundry when I left for free beverages on NCL.

The right choice!

Same 😂 free drinks and good food.

I struggle hard with carnival food.

But then got these insane deals, $130 for a high deck balcony on the Panorama 7 day where I could fly to close port on miles? 
Done! 

and just enter your cruise dates online and they’ll add them to your history.

I was able to enter all my missed cruises with dates. They confirmed they got my email so just wait and see what happens. If it wasn't for cruise critics and those cards I wouldn't know how many I've sailed.

Feeling Blessed I found two short cruises b2b in the time frame of when having flights to Miami for a 9 day cancelled cruise.

• Like 1