Royal Up Regrets?

rm1247

18 minutes ago, jordan9900 said:

I'm leaving in 12 days and have a bid on spacious balcony and spacious panoramic ocean view on the Liberty of the Seas. My current cabin is a promenade balcony so I would be happy with either upgrade. 

When did they put in promenade balcony rooms on Liberty?  I am only aware of promenade view (window, not balcony).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

When did they put in promenade balcony rooms on Liberty?  I am only aware of promenade view (window, not balcony).

Maybe the cows escaped after kicking in the window!

Awe, sorry about that! Couldn't help myself!🤣

• Haha 2

On 11/29/2021 at 5:14 PM, bajathree said:

Mariner along with Freedom class are examples where I wouldn't be bidding on suites as they are almost all located under the pool deck. Noisiest cabin I ever had was an owners suite on Indy....got woken up every night for 8 straight nights when they decided to clean the pool deck and move around the deck chairs every night at like 2-3am

We board Indy on Friday. I thought several times about submitting a Royal Up bid. The possibly of having an experience like you did is exactly why I did not submit any bids.

On both of my last two cruises I went the self upgrade route, calling in and moving us up to the exact cabin we wanted. The first time I paid a decent amount less than the minimum bid to Royal Up. Our last cruise our amount paid was only slightly less than the RU minimum, but we moved from a Boardwalk Balcony to a Junior Suite. That qualified us for the higherJS points plus the double points promo was in effect at the time! 😃

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, RosieRoo said:

Anytime you let the cruise line pick your cabin you are taking a chance of getting the cabins that no one else booked (for a reason). For instance, I booked a guarantee on Brilliance, got assigned a JS under the Windjammer tiled area, and was woken up at 3 am every morning by carts rolling across the tiles over my head for 12 days. On that class of ship all the suites are under the Windjammer or the pool. 
Like Biker19 said, you have to weigh the value of location certainty.

The same on Grandeur and Enchantment.

I understand the idea of putting them up higher for the view, but it was not so smart to put them under the Windjammer and pool.

13 minutes ago, SRF said:

The same on Grandeur and Enchantment.

I understand the idea of putting them up higher for the view, but it was not so smart to put them under the Windjammer and pool.

Agree !  One of the noisiest and most annoying cruises I have ever taken was on Grandeur in a GS.  I will never book another full suite on a Vision class ship unless it is one of the few that are located in other areas of the ship.  What a nuisance.

One sailing, the port side GSs asked for, and got the outside seating over them roped off in the early morning.  

We sailed a number of times in 8516, and while there was some noise, it was not enough to wake us up.  It would keep me up for a few minutes if I woke up and was trying to get back to sleep. 

The more forward ones are under the carpeted area of WJ, so shouldn't have as much issue.

We are in a OS for the next cruise on Grandeur and also for our first on Enchantment.  We will see how that it. 😄

BTW, for those two sailings, the OS was just a few hundred more than a GS. 😄