Royal's ships 2023/24

I am a bit puzzled by the delayed announcements. If they already know, surely they want to get to get them into the market and competing with the other brands. We booked a cruise for March '26 a couple of months back. and it would be a shame if Whatsy of the Seas had something comparable that we might have booked instead.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am a bit puzzled by the delayed announcements. If they already know, surely they want to get to get them into the market and competing with the other brands. We booked a cruise for March '26 a couple of months back. and it would be a shame if Whatsy of the Seas had something comparable that we might have booked instead.

I knowwww.....we cancelled our Discovery Princess in 2025 to do Whatsy of the Seas repositioning from somewhere to somewhere, just like to know where haha!

We booked Discovery 3 nighter in March, think it's the one you are on, to check it out.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I knowwww.....we cancelled our Discovery Princess in 2025 to do Whatsy of the Seas repositioning from somewhere to somewhere, just like to know where haha!

We booked Discovery 3 nighter in March, think it's the one you are on, to check it out.

Awesome. It is just a quick getaway and a suss out for us too.

If there is something new for Royal, I am genuinely interested, but it always seems we have something already booked by the time they are launched. The best way for them to squeeze Virgin is to commit passengers to their cruises first. There is a lot of V advertising out there, and it is largely targeting new cruisers that the big brands can't afford to be giving up on.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:58 PM, arxcards said:

Besides a booking for Carnival Splendor in Papette September 2025 I can’t recall Carnival companies ever doing bookings they are not going to use.

Guessing Royal Deployment is fun because they keep on changing what they are doing. It just goes on and on and on. 
Ovation 25  must have been allocated to California at one stage or still is. I did read a cruise magazine article about a year ago with the author saying he can’t understand why Quantum Class isn’t on Antarctica runs, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Besides a booking for Carnival Splendor in Papette September 2025 I can’t recall Carnival companies ever doing bookings they are not going to use.

Guessing Royal Deployment is fun because they keep on changing what they are doing. It just goes on and on and on. 
Ovation 25  must have been allocated to California at one stage or still is. I did read a cruise magazine article about a year ago with the author saying he can’t understand why Quantum Class isn’t on Antarctica runs, 

Has Royal ever done Antarctica cruises?  

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

I will that they won't do any ghost ships as place markers, but they do change their mind. Princess in Melbourne for 25/26 is a recent example, as well as an initial intention for a year round Luminosa in Brisbane through 2025.

Is the Splendor booking still active? We had a waiter tell us that Splendor was going to be rotated out of Oz in a year or two. I took it as just crew rumours, but maybe there is a bit more to it.

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I will that they won't do any ghost ships as place markers, but they do change their mind. Princess in Melbourne for 25/26 is a recent example, as well as an initial intention for a year round Luminosa in Brisbane through 2025.

Is the Splendor booking still active? We had a waiter tell us that Splendor was going to be rotated out of Oz in a year or two. I took it as just crew rumours, but maybe there is a bit more to it.

That’s true about Luminosa and Princess in Melbourne Geoff. 

That booking is still active for Splendor in Papette September 2025. 

5 minutes ago, springaussie said:

That’s true about Luminosa and Princess in Melbourne Geoff. 

I was chatting to someone about those bookings in Brisbane for Voyager ,25-26 season.

They speculated it’s Navigator and Voyager is going back to east coast U.S.

That could add up if Quantum gets shore power fitted and goes to L.A.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was chatting to someone about those bookings in Brisbane for Voyager ,25-26 season.

They speculated it’s Navigator and Voyager is going back to east coast U.S.

That could add up if Quantum gets shore power fitted and goes to L.A.

Where do you think Navigator will  go before Brisbane?

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

This might be a watch this space. A pity their port page doesn't indicate the previous & next ports to gauge the direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s October to December 2025 , I don’t know. 

Wouldn’t it make more sense to send Quantum to LAX because she would have been been thru a dry dock.

If Ovation went to LAX it would have to go back to Singapore for a dry dock early 2026. Sending Ovation to Singapore for Christmas 2025 makes more sense.

I can’t find any port bookings for Voyager, Navigator or Ovation over the Oz Summer 25/26 period besides the ones for Voyager in Piraeus to work the Holy Land cruises in November and December 2025. This got axed when the bombings started but never was announced. 

19 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Wouldn’t it make more sense to send Quantum to LAX because she would have been been thru a dry dock.

If Ovation went to LAX it would have to go back to Singapore for a dry dock early 2026. Sending Ovation to Singapore for Christmas 2025 makes more sense.

I can’t find any port bookings for Voyager, Navigator or Ovation over the Oz Summer 25/26 period besides the ones for Voyager in Piraeus to work the Holy Land cruises in November and December 2025. This got axed when the bombings started but never was announced. 

I never thought ovation would go to L.A. , I was thinking Quantum .

Quantum ,dry dock in Singapore later this year and get shore power fitted.

Navigator to Brisbane would be a good repo.

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I never thought ovation would go to L.A. , I was thinking Quantum .

Quantum ,dry dock in Singapore later this year and get shore power fitted.

Navigator to Brisbane would be a good repo.

Via Darwin, Port Douglas, Airlie then Brisbane. 
Navigator is going into dry deck next month and wouldn’t need another one until November 2026.

So why via Singapore I assume? 
On paper to me it looks more like Voyager to Brisbane. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Thinking about this a bit more, I think all cruise lines are largely thinking on their feet. Home ports that used to work are floundering, then you get places in the Baltic and the middle-east that are currently off the radar. I think a large part is that US passenger numbers are either down or more inclined to cruise from home ports vs travelling to cruise from distant ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:14 PM, arxcards said:

Was just on Splendor and Hotel Director said that she is booked into Sydney till at least 25/26. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jandex said:

Was just on Splendor and Hotel Director said that she is booked into Sydney till at least 25/26. 

Correct. They are booked into Sydney until late June in 2026, and they are also selling Splendor cruises ex-Sydney up until that date. It is highly likely that will remain as is, but nothing is certain. As above, she is also booked into Tahiti for a day on 3rd September 2025 as well as being in Sydney on 4th September. Quite often these blips are just that, but sometimes they are the start of a bigger trail.

I was reading elsewhere that the Serenade World Cruise.might be finishing in Los Angeles according to onboard rumours.

Miami Office claim they are monitoring the safety and Serenade will sail as planned. 

52 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I was reading elsewhere that the Serenade World Cruise.might be finishing in Los Angeles according to onboard rumours.

Miami Office claim they are monitoring the safety and Serenade will sail as planned. 

The rumour would be a bit OTT. Surely there will be no decision required until they reach Singapore, and that is 3 months away. Island Princess departed LA yesterday (our time) and it is still per schedule. 

Lots will need to improve over the next couple of months, or drastic changes will be inevitable.

• Like 1

Just now, Chiliburn said:

So what do you think is email would be Geoff?

tjones@celebrity.com

Worth a shot, but I really don't know. What I have realised that together with Big Gav, we have ...

Alas Smith and Jones

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Worth a shot, but I really don't know. What I have realised that together with Big Gav, we have ...

Alas Smith and Jones

Very good Geoff,I knew you are the master of useless information. LOL

• Like 2