Royal's ships 2023/24

Posted (edited)

Ovation redeployment to   Hell A    has come from nowhere and obviously the money just isn’t there for the shareholders in Asia and probably Australia.

In that article it says they are happy with Spectrum but China is a big economy and if one ship is viable surely 2 would be viable.

I think there might be some decisions on Spectrum in the near future.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 7/17/2024 at 3:26 PM, resordanis said:

Saw it on social media. Statement from Michael Bailey to a TA convention (I think).

Would not have taken any notice, but was considering the Singapore trip this morning. I will stand corrected if not accurate.! Typical of something on social media, if you go back you can never find the article again. I do hope I am wrong though.

Celebrity Edge has a good price on the east bound transpacific,$150 a night 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Will have a look, although have done a coupleTP’s.I didn’t book that Cairns one you pointed out some weeks ago.I let it go.I decided to book it  last week and the price had increased over $1000 each! I am looking at Edge 12th March to NZ, but waiting on the price to hopefully come down.

Cruising is expensive atm, but then all holidays have increased. Thanks Chili!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

We got a good price on Edge thru a USA agent from Auckland to Apia and Fiji etc in February. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

We got a good price on Edge thru a USA agent from Auckland to Apia and Fiji etc in February. 

You will like the Edge . Nice ship ,great food but I don’t like the elite happy hour. It’s a real food ball scrum.

The cruise and travel dude has a video about Lelepa,I would post it but apparently he is an agent. Have a look on YouTube.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You will like the Edge . Nice ship ,great food but I don’t like the elite happy hour. It’s a real food ball scrum.

The cruise and travel dude has a video about Lelepa,I would post it but apparently he is an agent. Have a look on YouTube.

Thanks Chilli

Our first time on Celebrity. We are cruising with Zenith friends. 
I am happy I can get a few free cappuccino's each morning at the coffee shop. 

I seen the clip yesterday.

it was definitely on  the Royal website a fortnight ago the Lelepa information. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Chilli

Our first time on Celebrity. We are cruising with Zenith friends. 
I am happy I can get a few free cappuccino's each morning at the coffee shop. 

I seen the clip yesterday.

it was definitely on  the Royal website a fortnight ago the Lelepa information. 

They will sneak you into the suite area. 
If you like your coffee,they have kettles,just ask the cabin attendant. We took a coffee plunger.

I think Royal might be withdrawing from the pacific to a degree and chasing the $U.S .

Los Angeles is going to expand its cruise port in San Pedro by about 3 times and I think Royal Caribbean will definitely build its own terminal there.

That will really threaten our market as the Alaska ships will just go there.

Back to  Celebrity Edge , I found most people end up in the buffet toward the end of the cruise. The food is spectacular and here’s my favourite,scotch filet and eggs for breakfast in the buffet 

IMG_0515.thumb.jpeg.bbd530585d4d18b109c3addbd4b3f7d7.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, springaussie said:

One of the Bloggers is reporting all references to Lelepa on the Official Royal Caribbean Website have gone.

I can’t get the pages to show also that I looked at frequently. They were on the website a fortnight ago.
Bailey is reported as telling cruisers on the Presidents Cruise Lelepa will open Late 2026.

One can assume Lelepa is gone completely or Gavin is off to Bunnings to buy a shovel for the media launch. 

Thanks. 

I went searching for a link to the Lelepa page last week, and figured the same. Gavin might need the shovel to officially bury the project. 

A shame. Seems there is no aspirational money about, and there is no way Vanuatu can offer any concessions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thanks. 

I went searching for a link to the Lelepa page last week, and figured the same. Gavin might need the shovel to officially bury the project. 

A shame. Seems there is no aspirational money about, and there is no way Vanuatu can offer any concessions.

I think they might have been hoping for some U.S aid as they just opened an embassy is Vila . But the current political landscape in the states doesn’t look like that. It wasn’t viable in the first place with just a few ships here ,it’s just not the Caribbean.

I think RCG will build a terminal in L.A and develop some ports and maybe an island in Mexico . La Loco cay sounds good.

• Like 3

Rumours are ,Micheal Baley said at the launch of Utopia of the seas in Port Canaveral the other day. 
They are finished with the big ships for now ( 10 ) and are going to build 8 discovery class ships by 2029 !

They are going to be low and wide at 130 k tonnes so they can access smaller ports while still having RCL ‘s.  Signature features.

That’s a pretty big statement,they will probably need 2 ship yards to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@springaussie any word on Serenade after the Alaska season?

Things don’t add up ,Serenade should be on sale and a deployment announcement ,it’s just over a year away.
Ovation is still on sale in China and also a season in Singapore Christmas 2025 but there’s a big hole where it’s supposed to go Los Angeles.

I know it was announced but nothing is on sale.

Ovation is sounding pretty hot in L.A and Americans keen to book it but nothing.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie any word on Serenade after the Alaska season?

Things don’t add up ,Serenade should be on sale and a deployment announcement ,it’s just over a year away.
Ovation is still on sale in China and also a season in Singapore Christmas 2025 but there’s a big hole where it’s supposed to go Los Angeles.

I know it was announced but nothing is on sale.

Ovation is sounding pretty hot in L.A and Americans keen to book it but nothing.

Chilli seen nothing new for Serenade port bookings besides the Florida ones for 25/26. 

We might get a heads up when Vicki updates her stuff in LA. I get the impression Ovation isn’t going to go on sale as quick as I first thought. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Chilli Royal was testing Serenade in the booking system Thursday night for February 2026. 
But nothing was visible to see. 
Probably this week or next week that Serenade season will go on sale. 

Edited by springaussie

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli Royal was testing Serenade in the booking system Thursday night for February 2026. 
But nothing was visible to see. 
Probably this week or next week that Serenade season will go on sale. 

Was it for the Caribbean?

Like you said,it would be difficult for it to pick up Voyager’s itinerary if it left from Los Angeles.

Things are heating up in the Middle East,I don’t think the trans Suez Canal with Voyager will be happening.

I wonder if Spectrum might be pulled out of China, wouldn’t you be happy about that.

Tokyo - Singapore - Brisbane .

Edited by Chiliburn

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Was it for the Caribbean?

Like you said,it would be difficult for it to pick up Voyager’s itinerary if it left from Los Angeles.

Things are heating up in the Middle East,I don’t think the trans Suez Canal with Voyager will be happening.

I wonder if Spectrum might be pulled out of China, wouldn’t you be happy about that.

Tokyo - Singapore - Brisbane .

Serenade now on sale for the 25/26.

Have a look at these 2 documents up dated last week Phil.

Both give me the impression 1 September 2025 Voyager is going around Africa with passengers.

Both updated last week.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Ship.pdf

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Destination.pdf

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Both give me the impression 1 September 2025 Voyager is going around Africa with passengers.

Both updated last week.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Ship.pdf

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Destination.pdf

If Voyager went around Africa it would have to go from the Mediterranean right through to Singapore or Perth as Dubai is a bit of a hotspot also.

Fuel is a problem as the storage just isn’t there to handle current traffic.

I think they would just fill Voyager up with as much fuel as it can take.

No passages,shut the hotel service down to a minimum and steam at a economical speed just like Anthem is going to do.

Theres a couple of reports that Spectrum has nothing on its cruise planner .

Edited by Chiliburn

Dubai is much more protected, but usually too far out of the way for ships not transiting the Suez. The "efficient" short relocation would be from South Africa to Fremantle, but they have plenty enough days aside on the schedule calendar to be able to run an exotic up to Dubai, then to Brisbane via Singapore. 

As yet, no port booking is showing for Freo, yet there is 7th Dec for Darwin.

• Like 2

Chilli One of the bloggers reports this morning. 

“MSC Splendida to swap China for Brazil for 2024-2025 season.

The vessel was scheduled to offer cruises departing from Shenzhen and Xiamen starting in November 2024, which is three months away.

In a similar move, Royal Caribbean International to withdraw the Ovation of the Seas from China for Los Angeles in year 2025.

Spending downgrades and price wars among Chinese cruise operators have worsened the outlook for foreign cruise operators in China.”

55 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli One of the bloggers reports this morning. 

“MSC Splendida to swap China for Brazil for 2024-2025 season.

The vessel was scheduled to offer cruises departing from Shenzhen and Xiamen starting in November 2024, which is three months away.

In a similar move, Royal Caribbean International to withdraw the Ovation of the Seas from China for Los Angeles in year 2025.

Spending downgrades and price wars among Chinese cruise operators have worsened the outlook for foreign cruise operators in China.”

China is a big economy and if there isn’t a market for Ovation. I can’t see how different it could be for Spectrum.

They wouldn’t send Spectrum to the U.S. . I remember when Ovation first went to Alaska . The complaints about everything from Kung fu panda right through to the colour of the gaming tables.

I remember reassuring one redneck that we actually speak English in Australia and you will be able to understand the staff.

Like I said there has been a few reports that Spectrum cruise planner has nothing to book.

Posted (edited)

China is indeed a big economy, but the western cruise ships are reliant on at least half-filling the ships with western passengers. There are less people flying, and China isn't the top of the list for those that are.

There has been a hope for cruise operators to win by filling a gap left by the collapse of Genting, but now they could be starting to realise why Genting collapsed in the first place.

Edited by arxcards

33 minutes ago, arxcards said:

China is indeed a big economy, but the western cruise ships are reliant on at least half-filling the ships with western passengers. There are less people flying, and China isn't the top of the list for those that are.

There has been a hope for cruise operators to win by filling a gap left by the collapse of Genting, but now they could be starting to realise why Genting collapsed in the first place.

Dealing with the unknown of the Chinese government would be part of it Geoff.

Apparently they are pretty strapped for cash and if it’s not a straight out bribe it’s a mystery fee or back taxes you haven’t paid.

Not to forget the exit visa the Chinese have to get.

It would be worse than dealing with the N.S.W.  government.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

As yet, no port booking is showing for Freo, yet there is 7th Dec for Darwin.

There are now dining and excursion items in the cruise planner, not that I'm in a rush to book any.🙄

• Like 1

21 hours ago, springaussie said:

Both updated last week.

I don’t know what your thoughts are on Serenade’s Central American deployment ,it’s pretty repetitive in a suspect part of the world.

I think they must be really scratching the bottom of the barrel to find somewhere to send there ships.

And you said MSC is sending a Chinese deployment to Brazil in a few months.

IMG_1539.thumb.png.cee96671afe210cb1e82457163d29c25.png

Chilli I would love  to know if Brisbane was ever part of the delayed release of Serenade cruises. We will never know. 
The Yanks must really be spending money on board to keep sending more ships back there. 
Most of Royal‘s itineraries are just the same old ports these days. 

• Thanks 1