Royal's ships 2023/24

23 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

It will be interesting next week when the AU season for 2023/24 opens for sale.

When you think about the congestion in Sydney Harbour and the port fee’s .They won’t send the oldest a smallest ship it the fleet to a big ticket port like Sydney.

The reason I say big ticket , Sydney is one of the best revenue ports and a safe destination for Americans.

I’m getting a bit ahead of my self here but it could be a place holder for Icon.
What’your thoughts on Icon in Sydney next season? Tauranga has ship LNG and port Kembla currently has LNG storage.All they need is a barge.

I haven't read up too much on Icon but I did love the Voyager class ships.   With wanting to hang around Australia for the next couple of years, I have P&O and Princess booked but I will go back to Royal when we go overseas.   One more cruise and we are D+.   Are you close to being Pinnacle @Chiliburn

20 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I haven't read up too much on Icon but I did love the Voyager class ships.   With wanting to hang around Australia for the next couple of years, I have P&O and Princess booked but I will go back to Royal when we go overseas.   One more cruise and we are D+.   Are you close to being Pinnacle @Chiliburn

No just D+ , I won’t reach pinnacle. It’s a big jump and I don’t really care.

Icon ,there isn’t much information and it’s just started being assembled.

The only thing we know it’s about the size of oasis or a touch smaller and it runs on Liquid natural gas and some kind of new fuel cell .

It’s supposed to be in service about August next year.

Here’ a picture of it .

image.thumb.jpeg.58d44a9d73b422d703cdbb88dd04c341.jpeg

Thanks but not much to see yet of Icon.  I guess progress will be quick.   We would only fly to Brisbane (rather than Sydney) if an itinerary is really good.  Doubt we will make pinnacle but we like Royal and Princess.    

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

When you think about the congestion in Sydney Harbour and the port fee’s .They won’t send the oldest a smallest ship it the fleet to a big ticket port like Sydney.

The reason I say big ticket , Sydney is one of the best revenue ports and a safe destination for Americans.

I’m getting a bit ahead of my self here but it could be a place holder for Icon.
What’your thoughts on Icon in Sydney next season? Tauranga has ship LNG and port Kembla currently has LNG storage.All they need is a barge.

You maybe onto something here. Oasis I feel is too big for Sydney, and I can image the congestion at the OPT on turnaround days. With Icon been smaller than Oasis, but larger than Ovation, then it might work. 

One reason why they might send Enchantment down under is to be based here year round. When is Lelepa due to be completed? 

3 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

You maybe onto something here. Oasis I feel is too big for Sydney, and I can image the congestion at the OPT on turnaround days. With Icon been smaller than Oasis, but larger than Ovation, then it might work. 

One reason why they might send Enchantment down under is to be based here year round. When is Lelepa due to be completed? 

Oasis is to big for Sydney.The OPT would have problems handling 6,000 passengers.

who knows about Lelepa it was supposed to be fully open 24-25 .

Americans would fly to Sydney at the drop of a hat with the combination of celebrity Edge, Icon and Lelepa.

A clean energy ship sailing around NZ and the islands would give the greenies that warm feeling.

• Like 1

From my Radiance of the Seas cancellation email received today

Royal Caribbean International’s new 2023-24 Australian Summer Program will go on sale Tuesday 22nd March 2022, with itineraries ranging from 2-19 nights departing from Sydney and Brisbane.  

Ovation of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas, two of the world’s most ground-breaking ships, will return to Australia whilst Enchantment of the Seas will make her Australian debut, cruising from Sydney.

Yep, just got email confirmation my Radiance to South Pacific with mum for her 60th is canceled. Will try and shift to Ovation South Pacific a few days later if not try and upgrade my room on Ovation in Feb to NZ and bring her along on that one.

13 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Yep, just got email confirmation my Radiance to South Pacific with mum for her 60th is canceled. Will try and shift to Ovation South Pacific a few days later if not try and upgrade my room on Ovation in Feb to NZ and bring her along on that one.

What does it say? Is there a replacement ship or anything?

1 minute ago, ScottishRobbie said:

No replacement. Options of 100% refund, L&S to Ovation/Quantum or the 23-24 summer season on sale tomorrow

I bet those ships are just about sold out.

And why book with them if they may do the same.

50 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Plus if you used an FCC then you get your FCC back if you request a refund.

I'm not sure about that, under Option 3 it says "if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original certificate". (Their bold and caps)

I'd love to get cash back for our FCCs but it looks like that won't happen.

Okay - time for a potentially dumb question. My South Pacific on Radiance 11th Nov was paid in full,  cancellation email says that I need to book new cruise by 5th April (2 weeks tomorrow) to avoid receiving refund. I'm wanting to lift and shift to OV on 16th Nov however the cancelation email mentions nothing about FCC'S and/or when they will be received. Do FCC's get sent out in seperate emails? Or am I best to phone the dreaded call centre? Thanks heaps in advance

5 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Okay - time for a potentially dumb question. My South Pacific on Radiance 11th Nov was paid in full,  cancellation email says that I need to book new cruise by 5th April (2 weeks tomorrow) to avoid receiving refund. I'm wanting to lift and shift to OV on 16th Nov however the cancelation email mentions nothing about FCC'S and/or when they will be received. Do FCC's get sent out in seperate emails? Or am I best to phone the dreaded call centre? Thanks heaps in advance

I called Royal earlier and rebooked over the phone. I would suggest you do that as soon as possible. They won’t send you FCCs. You will need patience as you will be on hold a lot! 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

From memory you will get a email with a voucher number and you have to apply that.

I did the mistake ,which I am doing right now and jumped in and got a cabin.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 4:14 PM, woodscruise said:

I just heard ships entering Sydney Harbour will have to hook up to shore power and have low emissions fuel.like California .

It will be introduced in 2 years . 
Another thing going for Icon in Sydney.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 7:24 AM, Chiliburn said:

I just heard ships entering Sydney Harbour will have to hook up to shore power and have low emissions fuel.like California .

It will be introduced in 2 years . 
Another thing going for Icon in Sydney.

Except that Icon will not fit under the bridge and White Bay will be the only terminal in the harbour  with shore power ( when it gets it)

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Except that Icon will not fit under the bridge and White Bay will be the only terminal in the harbour  with shore power ( when it gets it)

There’s now talk of Hydrogen fueling on the east coast, Graham 

And Icon runs on LNG and a hydrogen fuel cell .

I’m not sure how the fuel cell operates.wether it makes it from sea water,cracks ammonia or bunkers hydrogen .

But the point I am making is ,Sydney will be reducing ship emissions in the harbour. If it’s not electricity it will be clean fuel.

Edited by Chiliburn

54 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s now talk of Hydrogen fueling on the east coast, Graham 

And Icon runs on LNG and a hydrogen fuel cell .

I’m not sure how the fuel cell operates.wether it makes it from sea water,cracks ammonia or bunkers hydrogen .

But the point I am making is ,Sydney will be reducing ship emissions in the harbour. If it’s not electricity it will be clean fuel.

Admirable although a bit ambitious considering there would not be that many ships capable of complying with the regulations even given two years notice. Even the newer ships would struggle, you said yourself that when you were on the Ovation and passed the Spectrum  in the harbour that it lit up the sky with its pollution The cost and time frame would be prohibitive. I guess we shall have to wait snd see.