Royal's ships 2023/24

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have been trawling for years for anything on the RCG private island in Vanuatu.

News papers,construction tenders,government planning and I haven’t found anything of substance. 

Cox architects had it on their books but that seems to have faded away ,they don’t seem to be involved.

This is all that has popped up ,a renovation of the chief’s hut and they are hoping for foreign aid from Australia or N.Z .

You would think a company that spends a Billion dollars regularly on a new ship could put a roof on the a hut .

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/lelepa-community-begins-renovation-of-old-chiefs-nakamal/article_d1fdbde2-2c1c-50e1-b7a1-f13c6ae16e31.html

Maybe so. Money dissolves in Vanuatu. I am pretty sure that along with the other lines visiting Port Vila, that a fair bit of money is fed into local coffers via port charges, and then they support via tour companies and admission fees. For the amount of tourist dollars in the area, they can't afford to keep an airline in the air, maintain a hospital to a polyclinic standard or even fill the craters they call potholes.

Hard to be charitable when funds don't make it to where they are meant to be spent.

Maybe we could do a working bee?

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

Where is the money? or perhaps more aptly, where does the money go? is a huge issue in Vanautu.

Apart from Geoff's points above, I am aware of the situation with the Convention Centre, opened in 2016 built with Chinese money (USD$16M reportedly). Local tourist operators will drive you by, saying that you can not go in, as the country does not have enough money to pay for the electricity to turn on the lights.

Apparently, the deal for the Centre was tied in with the building of new Offices of the Prime Minister's Department.😮

I'm up for a CC working bee!!

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I have been trawling for years for anything on the RCG private island in Vanuatu.

News papers,construction tenders,government planning and I haven’t found anything of substance. 

Cox architects had it on their books but that seems to have faded away ,they don’t seem to be involved.

This is all that has popped up ,a renovation of the chief’s hut and they are hoping for foreign aid from Australia or N.Z .

You would think a company that spends a Billion dollars regularly on a new ship could put a roof on the a hut .

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/lelepa-community-begins-renovation-of-old-chiefs-nakamal/article_d1fdbde2-2c1c-50e1-b7a1-f13c6ae16e31.html

I notice one of the biggest blogger supporters of Lelepa now has doubts it is going to happen.

Apart from tribal wants and the corruption in these remote places.

Getting someone to do things and getting building materials is the biggest challenge.

You can’t call ready mix for a truck of concrete and go to Bunnings for some bits and pieces.

And the market just isn’t there like the Caribbean.

I think the fella that signed the lease is probably the idiot that planned the world cruise. I forgot his name but he was shown the back door.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Apart from tribal wants and the corruption in these remote places.

Getting someone to do things and getting building materials is the biggest challenge.

You can’t call ready mix for a truck of concrete and go to Bunnings for some bits and pieces.

And the market just isn’t there like the Caribbean.

I think the fella that signed the lease is probably the idiot that planned the world cruise. I forgot his name but he was shown the back door.

Kandos of the Seas to the rescue 😉 

(PS: No, I don't have the photoshop skills to turn Quantum into a cement ship, complete with a North Star pumping boom).

Edited by arxcards
PS
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Kandos of the Seas to the rescue 😉 

(PS: No, I don't have the photoshop skills to turn Quantum into a cement ship, complete with a North Star pumping boom).

Maybe they could just ground a ship like the Philippines did and call it a resort.

Tenement of the seas .

image.jpeg.65d7f24b70d79b70211183f0cda5f34f.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

Royal Caribbean to Deploy Two Ships in Australia in 2025-26

• June 28, 2024
Quantum in Brisbane

Two Royal Caribbean International ships are set to spend the 2025-26 winter season in Australia and the South Pacific.

Sailing in the region for the first time, the Anthem of the Seas is set to offer various itineraries from Sydney.

The Quantum-class ship will be joined by the Voyager of the Seas, which returns to Australia after a hiatus for cruises departing from Brisbane.

Together, the vessels will offer a total of 44 cruises in the region, including two- to 18-night itineraries to the South Pacific, New Zealand, and Australia, sailing between November 2025 and April 2026.

Following a repositioning cruise from Hawaii, the Anthem of the Seas will offer 24 departures from Sydney.

The program of the 4,100-guest ship features short coastal cruises, in addition to five-night cruises to Tasmania and nine- to 18-night itineraries to the South Pacific islands and New Zealand.

Ports of call being visited include Noumea, Dunedin, Bay of Islands, Port Vila, Mystery Island, Airlie Beach and Hobart.

Debuting in Brisbane, the Voyager of the Seas offers a total of 20 cruises to destinations in Australia and the South Pacific.

Itineraries include seven- to nine-night cruises to Noumea, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu, as well as four, six, and seven-night cruises to Airlie Beach and Cairns on Australia’s Queensland coast.

The Voyager’s program is highlighted by the introduction of a new destination to Royal Caribbean’s lineup in the region: Luganville in Vanuatu.

Before starting its 2025-26 season in Australia, the 1999-built ship also offers a repositioning cruise from Singapore.

The 12-night cruise sails to Brisbane and features visits to destinations in Indonesia and Australia such as Bali, Darwin and Yorkeys Knob.

For the 2024-25 season, Royal Caribbean International is also deploying two ships in Australia, including the Quantum of the Seas sailing from Brisbane and the Ovation of the Seas sailing from Sydney.

Source Cruise News 28June 2024

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

• June 28, 2024
Quantum in Brisbane

Two Royal Caribbean International ships are set to spend the 2025-26 winter season in Australia and the South Pacific.

Sailing in the region for the first time, the Anthem of the Seas is set to offer various itineraries from Sydney.

The Quantum-class ship will be joined by the Voyager of the Seas, which returns to Australia after a hiatus for cruises departing from Brisbane.

Together, the vessels will offer a total of 44 cruises in the region, including two- to 18-night itineraries to the South Pacific, New Zealand, and Australia, sailing between November 2025 and April 2026.

Following a repositioning cruise from Hawaii, the Anthem of the Seas will offer 24 departures from Sydney.

The program of the 4,100-guest ship features short coastal cruises, in addition to five-night cruises to Tasmania and nine- to 18-night itineraries to the South Pacific islands and New Zealand.

Ports of call being visited include Noumea, Dunedin, Bay of Islands, Port Vila, Mystery Island, Airlie Beach and Hobart.

Debuting in Brisbane, the Voyager of the Seas offers a total of 20 cruises to destinations in Australia and the South Pacific.

Itineraries include seven- to nine-night cruises to Noumea, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu, as well as four, six, and seven-night cruises to Airlie Beach and Cairns on Australia’s Queensland coast.

The Voyager’s program is highlighted by the introduction of a new destination to Royal Caribbean’s lineup in the region: Luganville in Vanuatu.

Before starting its 2025-26 season in Australia, the 1999-built ship also offers a repositioning cruise from Singapore.

The 12-night cruise sails to Brisbane and features visits to destinations in Indonesia and Australia such as Bali, Darwin and Yorkeys Knob.

For the 2024-25 season, Royal Caribbean International is also deploying two ships in Australia, including the Quantum of the Seas sailing from Brisbane and the Ovation of the Seas sailing from Sydney.

This is just a recycled news article from April. 

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

• June 28, 2024
Quantum in Brisbane

Michael  ,with Serenade unusually not having a deployment for 25-26 and just about no domestic cruises to southern Australia.

I wonder is Royal Caribbean are waiting on a extension of the cruise ship exemption on coastal trading.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder is Royal Caribbean are waiting on a extension of the cruise ship exemption on coastal trading.

That is just a bollocks CLIA thought bubble about why cruise ships are departing.

There has been an exemption in place since 1998. The current exemption is in play because the 12yo Coastal Trading act is not ready to be implemented. When it becomes law, each of the cruise lines just need to apply for 2 year permits for each ship.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2024 at 10:34 AM, Chiliburn said:

Maybe they could just ground a ship like the Philippines did and call it a resort.

Tenement of the seas .

image.jpeg.65d7f24b70d79b70211183f0cda5f34f.jpeg

The itinerary looks good, but I'm not doing formal night. 😎

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Haha 3