Live From Whisper.......12/2

Lois R

Not sure if my previous post submitted.

We are in San Juan today and have to go through immigration. Should be quick as they want it finished before 9:30.

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Not sure if my previous post submitted.

We are in San Juan today and have to go through immigration. Should be quick as they want it finished before 9:30.

Hi again, got my passport and the whole thing took about 1.3 minutes lol very quick

It is sunny and sitting at the pool in the shade with 4 friends having cocktails.

Living the dream😀

• Like 7

Last 2 days are both sea days. They are setting things in the pool area for a lunch buffet.

This has been a very relaxing cruise and I have met some really fun folks😀. I really like this ship but for me, I do miss some of the other options offered on the larger ships. I love The Arts Cafe.  And I also enjoy all the ethnic food varieties.  I know that is what makes us all different and I think that is a good thing. If we were all the same life would be quite boring.

But it has been a,wonderful 15 days and the crew/staff have been terrific😀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Last 2 days are both sea days. They are setting things in the pool area for a lunch buffet.

This has been a very relaxing cruise and I have met some really fun folks😀. I really like this ship but for me, I do miss some of the other options offered on the larger ships. I love The Arts Cafe.  And I also enjoy all the ethnic food varieties.  I know that is what makes us all different and I think that is a good thing. If we were all the same life would be quite boring.

Glad you are enjoying yourself.   After your comments I can't see doing a long cruise on one of SS smaller ships, especially after your La Dame experience.   The restaurant selection for dinner is just to limited.

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Glad you are enjoying yourself.   After your comments I can't see doing a long cruise on one of SS smaller ships, especially after your La Dame experience.   The restaurant selection for dinner is just to limited.

Hi, many folks have enjoyed LaDame immensly. But I agree, for a much longer sailing I would also prefer the larger vessel.

Different strokes😀

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am so glad you posted this -- I was planning to ask how it felt with the reduced dining venues.  I have been eyeing a long trip on Whisper but the limited dining spaces has me worried I will get bored.  (Yes, I realize menus would be rotated regularly).  The many options and spaces on the Muse class ships are attractive for longer trips IMHO.

I am glad you're having a lovely time.

3 hours ago, travelnap said:

Lois, enjoy the last couple days of your cruise.  I always loved the sea days, as they were always the most relaxing days for me.   Just sit back and relax with a good book and watch the ocean slide by.  My version of Heaven.

Hi Neil, I have been at the pool more on this cruise than I can ever recall. Always in the shade. Been totally relaxing and totally enjoyable. We had a grilled lobster buffet for lunch. It was delicious, tender and sweet.

Last day with several items on the "to do" list. Covid Test for starters and an appt with Barrie (Future Cruises) and since I already began to pack, need to just finish.

Had a very fun evening last night. They had "The Liar's Club" in the Panorama Lounge and we won 5 points😀got all 4 rounds correct!

43 minutes ago, netpj said:

Thank you for your posts.  We are sitting on a plane about to depart for Fort Lauderdale.  Boarding tomorrow.  Perhaps we will meet some day on Silversea.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Safe travels😀

Hi JP 😀 always good to hear from you! Yes, met some terrific folks and you know, I just love to cruise😃, protocols and all, being on a cruise ship is simply the best.

• Like 2

Lois - I’m so glad you had a wonderful time and met some friendly  people . You have really had a good year being able to travel on so many cruises, to so many places without a hitch, especially in this age of covid. Hope you found another interesting cruise(s)  for next year and assume it won’t be long before you are traveling the high seas again. I can’t wait for our December 2022 cruise, i wish it could have been a December 2021 one. 

thanks again for letting us travel along with your various journeys! Have a great holiday,! 

liz

Good morning

Doak, pleasure was mine😃 Hi Char!

I am sitting at the airport. It was a very quick disembarkation as I was in the first group off and it took all of 2 minutes to get my bag, go through Immigration and there were tons and tons of cabs lined up right outside. I have an 11:30 flight. 

Once I got to the airport the Jet Blue Terminal #3, was a freaking Madhouse. OMG......Anyway, got my checked bag in and now waiting in a very crowded gate area. 

To my 4 new friends, it was really special hanging out, having the awesome birthday cocktails and dinner for the guys. Thanks Ellie and Carl. Would love to sail with you again.

Spins, it was nice to meet you both.

I get home about 12:45 and now need to renew my passport. 

Next cruise is April 1sr on The Dawn! And I put 2 deposits down for Nova in 2023 and 2024.😃

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning

Doak, pleasure was mine😃 Hi Char!

I am sitting at the airport. It was a very quick disembarkation as I was in the first group off and it took all of 2 minutes to get my bag, go through Immigration and there were tons and tons of cabs lined up right outside. I have an 11:30 flight. 

Once I got to the airport the Jet Blue Terminal #3, was a freaking Madhouse. OMG......Anyway, got my checked bag in and now waiting in a very crowded gate area. 

To my 4 new friends, it was really special hanging out, having the awesome birthday cocktails and dinner for the guys. Thanks Ellie and Carl. Would love to sail with you again.

Spins, it was nice to meet you both.

I get home about 12:30 and now need to renew my passport. 

Next cruise is April 1sr on The Dawn! And I put 2 deposits down for Nova in 2023 and 2024.😃

Glad to hear it's gone well enough. 

We're still on the ship! 🤣

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

9:40? I bet you will be off soon😁

We were called only a few minutes later, as a matter of fact, and we walked off with Frank and Benjamin. 

We're now at the airport and cooling our heels in our typical fashion. 

20211217_101534.thumb.jpg.5c273b0943de427fdca38b8902f44a6a.jpg

Unfortunately, we have a project as soon as we get home. We just spoke to our son, and our freezer burned up (likely after he got to our home last night). Everyone is fine, and the house is fine, but we're now shopping for a new fridge/freezer. The food news is that, being a homebrewer, beer collector, and BBQer, we have three other refrigerators and a deep freeze, so loss and inconvenience are relatively small. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We were called only a few minutes later, as a matter of fact, and we walked off with Frank and Benjamin. 

We're now at the airport and cooling our heels in our typical fashion. 

20211217_101534.thumb.jpg.5c273b0943de427fdca38b8902f44a6a.jpg

Unfortunately, we have a project as soon as we get home. We just spoke to our son, and our freezer burned up (likely after he got to our home last night). Everyone is fine, and the house is fine, but we're now shopping for a new fridge/freezer. The food news is that, being a homebrewer, beer collector, and BBQer, we have three other refrigerators and a deep freeze, so loss and inconvenience are relatively small. 

Hey, oh no! Glad nobody got hurt or anything else got damaged but sorry that it happened. Good luck on finding a new one!