New MSC Menu for the American Market

Fla Mike

Since there seems to be a lot of folks who think MSC food does not cater to the American Palette, here is a tongue-in cheek look at the new MSC menu for the American market.

Feel free to add your own.

Beginnings

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Campbell's® Chicken and Stars Soup

Entrees

Hamburger Helper® Lasagna Flavor

Spaghettios® with Meatballs

Salami on Wonder Bread®

Sides

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Loaded Cheese Fries

Dessert

Jello® Puddin’ Pops

Twinkies®

May we suggest a nice cold can of Mountain Dew® or Red Bull®

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Forgot the screaming hot Cheetos 😁 

When I go on vacation (cruise, Vegas, Disney) food is a big part of my experience. At home, I'm not a very adventurous eater, but when I'm on a trip, I love to try new and different food. Have I loved everything I've eaten on MSC? No, of course not. The waiters have no problem bringing something else for you to try. Folks seem to think that everything should be perfect, 100% of the time. Maybe people just need to relax, go with the flow and just try to enjoy life 😊 Let the flaming begin 😂🔥🔥🔥

50 minutes ago, Fla Mike said:

Since there seems to be a lot of folks who think MSC food does not cater to the American Palette, here is a tongue-in cheek look at the new MSC menu for the American market.

Beginnings

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Entrees

Salami on Wonder Bread®

Sides

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Loaded Cheese Fries

Dessert

Jello® Puddin’ Pops

Twinkies®

This is why I quit sailing on Carnival.  When they thought it was a great idea to put Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, etc on the MDR menu, walked with our wallet. No thank you! I can get that at home or the local Golden Corral. We actually LOVE MSC's menus in the MDR and their buffet food.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Mike all they’d have to do is have McDonalds and Taco Bell as 2 of their “specialty” restaurants and they’d fill the ships 😬

I can truthfully say it has been over 20 years since we have eaten at a McDonald's or a Taco Bell and I am pretty sure we wouldn't eat it on a ship.  I do agree with you though, it would fill the ships.  🤮

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I can truthfully say it has been over 20 years since we have eaten at a McDonald's or a Taco Bell and I am pretty sure we wouldn't eat it on a ship.  I do agree with you though, it would fill the ships.  🤮

Same here! I can’t remember the last time going to McDonalds and never been to Taco Bell. 

Although McDonalds will always hold a sentimental place in my heart as DH and I met there waaaay back in 1981. We met working there weekends while in HS lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Beginnings

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Entrees

Salami on Wonder Bread® (Crust removed for our discerning Yacht Club guests. No crusts for our Upper Crust.)

Sides

Fried Pickles

Pork Rinds

Loaded Cheese Fries

Dessert

Jello® Puddin’ Pops

Twinkies®

Fixed it for you. 😉

• Haha 3

Pizza now made by Domino's.

A sack of sugar added to all tomato sauces made on board.

As for the fix made by no 1 talks to the menu entry of salami on Wonder bread, we need to make sure the sausage is the sliced leathery pepperoni so beloved by many.

GRITS!!!!

Please MSC, never listen to those US cruisers who try MSC and whine that MSC isn't just like their limited travel experience on a line where everything is "just like home."

Some of us travel to not be home and to enjoy new experiences.

Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Let's not forget that everything either needs to be deep fried or cooked in a vat of butter, and there is no al dente for the pasta...cook it until it falls apart!  And the mac n cheese...make sure it is made out of cheese powder from a cardboard box!

And the portion size...none of this "tasting sized" nonsense...Every plate should have enough for 3 meals on it!

Edited by slei15
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The buffet stations can be replaced with a wall of microwaves where a delicious selection of Swanson Hungry Man Dinners await

1 hour ago, slei15 said:

And the mac n cheese...make sure it is made out of cheese powder from a cardboard box!

Make sure to add some "all meat" hot dogs to that mac and cheese...umm umm good!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

The buffet stations can be replaced with a wall of microwaves where a delicious selection of Swanson Hungry Man Dinners await

Make sure to add some "all meat" hot dogs to that mac and cheese...umm umm good!

No need for "all meat" hot dogs, just add some good ole bacon...oops there all ready is a cruise line that serves that in the MDR as a main dish🤦‍♀️

Edited by ready2cruzagain

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Don't forget for the menu to be an American favorite, it must include Campbell's Tomato Soup and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich made with Velveeta.  

Perfect - the Velveeta can also be used on the pizza. The Velveeta will set off the thick crust soaked by the overabundance of sweetened tomato sauce and liberally sprinkled with dried oregano that will be the new "American" style pizza.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Perfect - the Velveeta can also be used on the pizza

"Surprise the whole table when you serve this scrumptious VELVEETA® Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza. This VELVEETA® Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza is a tasty trifecta of your favorite taco, cheeseburger and pizza flavors."

It's gotta be good for you...it has lettuce on it

Capture.JPG

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fla Mike said:

"Surprise the whole table when you serve this scrumptious VELVEETA® Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza. This VELVEETA® Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza is a tasty trifecta of your favorite taco, cheeseburger and pizza flavors."

Capture.JPG

A perfect option for when you don't  want the pizza on a stiff cracker style crust topped with BBQ sauce, pineapple and ham [options include MacDonald's McRibs, deep fried chicken nuggets, sliced tofu hot dogs or sliced hot dogs (meat unknown)].

1 hour ago, Fla Mike said:

Capture.JPG

OMG - I just googled this and found out it actually is a recipe available on the internet. 🤮

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Capture.JPG

That is a big NO! YUCK!🤮🤮

You guys are seriously frightening me!  This afternoon I innocently closed my eyes for a few minutes, and I had a vision of the buffet and MDR of the future.  

Buffet is all franchise stalls:  IHOP, McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Subway, Arby's, and for the fans of Italian food, Domino's AND Pizza Hut.  All items are wrapped and ready to carry....somewhere.

MDR has table service, but one must choose a menu.  Options include Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Panda Express, Taco Bell, Chipotle, and Bob's Big Boy.  MSC's feature menu is, of course, Olive Garden.

Extra-charge menus include Red Lobster and PF Chang's.

• Haha 5