Time of the Princess live shows?

dogepaws

On 12/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, dogepaws said:

Hi, just reserving dinner reservations, and don't recall times of the Broadway shows, Regal Princess from FLL to Grand Turks.  Thanks in advance,

27 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Not on Regal so don't know if this will help. Returned on Nov. 30 from Enchanted, the shows were at 8:30.

CC Posters have been reporting one show only per evening from certain ships due to low occupancies on recent voyages.  I would expect capacities to increase on the ships as weeks move on into holiday period and the Winter months.  Then you are going to see two shows.

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

On the Sky two weeks ago, the shows were at 8 and 10PM. We were at about 50% capacity

Interesting - later than "normal".  I think it goes to show that one certainly cannot take times from any one ship and apply to the fleet.  (And not implying that was your message).

On the Majestic in Alaska in Aug and again in Mexico mid Nov shows on both were at 7:30 and 9:30. Alaska was about 65% capacity and Mexico 47%. Sailing on the Grand again soon and have heard possible one show only

24 minutes ago, DougH said:

On the Majestic in Alaska in Aug and again in Mexico mid Nov shows on both were at 7:30 and 9:30. Alaska was about 65% capacity and Mexico 47%. Sailing on the Grand again soon and have heard possible one show only

Better than 8pm & 10pm IMO.

23 hours ago, Potstech said:

And at 6:30.

Did you board on Nov. 30? That's the day we disembarked.

Since I sometimes remember things differently than they were, I checked my copies of the Patter (yes, I asked for hard copies for my "memory book"). The only time the shows were listed were at 8:30. I wonder if they added a second showing starting with your sailing? Maybe added more people to that sailing as well? Ours was very empty-nice but really odd.

Also could be that they had a 6:30 show but didn't list it in the Patter.

23 hours ago, Potstech said:

And at 6:30.

8 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Currently on the Sky, Rock Opera which is tonight's show is @8pm and 10pm

8 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Last week on Regal was one show only at 9:00pm

Sure makes it hard to figure out what time to book dinner in advance of the cruise if you want to be able to see the show..

17 hours ago, caribill said:

Sure makes it hard to figure out what time to book dinner in advance of the cruise if you want to be able to see the show..

We made our dinner reservation every morning after reviewing the Princess Platter.  Never had a problem reserving 5:45 pm or 6:15 pm  dinner in the main dining room and specialty restaurant.  Our show time was 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm.  We were  on the Majestic Princess.  Dinner only took 1 hour to serve for party of 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am reading there isn't as much on a Princess Platter as there used to be (portion cut backs).  

😁

There is plenty of information on the patter.   Had zero issues utilizing it on the Enchanted a few weeks back

Cheers

On 12/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, mammajamma2013 said:

Did you board on Nov. 30? That's the day we disembarked.

Since I sometimes remember things differently than they were, I checked my copies of the Patter (yes, I asked for hard copies for my "memory book"). The only time the shows were listed were at 8:30. I wonder if they added a second showing starting with your sailing? Maybe added more people to that sailing as well? Ours was very empty-nice but really odd.

Also could be that they had a 6:30 show but didn't list it in the Patter.

There were a little under 2000 passengers.  Anything is possible.

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am reading there isn't as much on a Princess Platter as there used to be (portion cut backs).  

😁

35 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

There is plenty of information on the patter.   Had zero issues utilizing it on the Enchanted a few weeks back

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

I think there are about the same amount of information/activities.  The cut back portion are the ads.

Is anyone getting my post - or is it too late in the evening?

7 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

We made our dinner reservation every morning after reviewing the Princess Platter.  Never had a problem reserving 5:45 pm or 6:15 pm  dinner in the main dining room and specialty restaurant.  Our show time was 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm.  We were  on the Majestic Princess.  Dinner only took 1 hour to serve for party of 2.

And that is how Anytime is supposed to work.

But for those who prefer Traditional, including the same set of other people at your table each evening, the flexibility for everyone in the group to switch to a new time and table each day is unlikely.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

And that is how Anytime is supposed to work.

But for those who prefer Traditional, including the same set of other people at your table each evening, the flexibility for everyone in the group to switch to a new time and table each day is unlikely.

Yupper!

We are currently on the Enchantment (since 11/30) and all the shows have been at 6:30 and 8:30.  We reserve dinner at 7:40 and go to the 6:30 shows and it works well.  The 8:30 show gets a bigger crowd since it works for those having dinner at tea time :).

Hank