Symphony Passenger Count Increasing

3 hours ago, long4acruise said:

I'm on the Dec 4th sailing now and will be B2B on the 11th. 

The WJ is open for dinner nightly, 6-9 pm. The booked guests for this sailing was 4130, but as previously reported,  there are just a tad over 4000 guests onboard currently.

Ice shows sold-out quickly but that may have been my limited choices around my desired football games.

Coastal Kitchen was not available for Day 1 and 7;  but 8pm/later for Pinnacles to book. Reservations for speciality restaurants were easy to secure and was even allowed to pay on day 1 (after we sailed to avoid the taxes!) to use our BOGOs later in the week

Doesn't seem overly crowded but plenty of books & towels on the poolside chairs early!  Haven't seen too many kids (more infants & toddlers), lots of wheelchairs & scooters in the hallways. Elevators are fast and uncrowded.

Hope this helps some and that you're looking forward to a great sailing on the 11th!

Thank you so much for your willingness to share information during your cruise. 

So glad that the WJ is open for dinner. Woohoo!

If you have eaten in the MDR so far this sailing, what was the crowd like in there for dinner? 

Thanks!

We were on last week.  We have never been on an Oasis class ship.  I enjoyed this cruise, but I do not think I would enjoy it with it being at capacity.  We ate in the WJ only once.  The seating was too hard to navigate with so many tables not able to be used.  We did enjoy the Solarium Bistro though.  We were on Deck 4 for My Time dining.  The tables were very close to each other.  We were a table of 4, and the table of 2 next to us was less than 18 inches from our table.

Not sure when the Hairspray show will be back.  I was at the show when is was cancelled due to tech issues.  There was a very audible crash of a large set piece (heard it was the full stage rear LCD screen).  Hope the cast member(s) that were injured recover quickly.

It was an eventful cruise--2 medical evacuations, one speed sensor that needed to be recalibrated (many circles in the St Martin harbor, and one big turn around to go check on a life boat that the bridge saw (lifeboat found--no one in the boat).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chiguy67 said:

Noticed that they didn't have the other ice skating show Iskate 2.0. 

Yes, scheduling has been a little skimpy. But we've been tuning in to the NCAA and NFL games. Ironically the MNF game is being shown in the AquaTheater as listed in the Compass, but all the rows are blocked off except the last two upper row under these watm lights. ???

3 hours ago, ckmommy said:

We were on last week.  We have never been on an Oasis class ship.  I enjoyed this cruise, but I do not think I would enjoy it with it being at capacity.  We ate in the WJ only once.  The seating was too hard to navigate with so many tables not able to be used.  We did enjoy the Solarium Bistro though.  We were on Deck 4 for My Time dining.  The tables were very close to each other.  We were a table of 4, and the table of 2 next to us was less than 18 inches from our table.

Not sure when the Hairspray show will be back.  I was at the show when is was cancelled due to tech issues.  There was a very audible crash of a large set piece (heard it was the full stage rear LCD screen).  Hope the cast member(s) that were injured recover quickly.

It was an eventful cruise--2 medical evacuations, one speed sensor that needed to be recalibrated (many circles in the St Martin harbor, and one big turn around to go check on a life boat that the bridge saw (lifeboat found--no one in the boat).

Agree with you. We were on the same sailing with two teen boys. Enjoyed the 50% or so capacity and said we would not want to sail it at full capacity. Had a fantastic time. Easy to get reservations to shows. Ate all breakfasts in the Solarium Bistro. Would go to WJ later for lunch when not as busy but still hard to find a table for 4. Boys loved the waterslides/flowriders with minimal lineups. We did early set dining and had no one around us. There were medical evacuations when we arrived in Miami too.

Edited by Chickadees

Was anyone else in hairspray for the afternoon performance last week? The first performer came out and the music started, and at that very moment, the captain’s chime came on and that’s when the announcement was made about checking the lifeboat.

it was so synchronized with the performance, people couldn’t figure out whether it was part of it or not, at first. But then they re-started the show

windjammer was not open for dinner that week. 

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

We’re on Allure over New Year’s Eve and am interested in how they’ll do the countdown yet still adhere to social distancing.  Looks like the cruise will be well over 50% capacity.

I hope they do better this year. On the NYE 2020 Oasis cruise, they scheduled only one NYE party it is was on the Promenade.  They also closed the Rising Tide & Schooner Bar to private parties so the floor of the Promenade was as packed as I've ever seen it.  Literally elbow to elbow from every side, and once you were in the crowd, you weren't moving. If they do that again this year, there will be no social distancing.  Before 2020 there were more events scheduled around the ship and the Promenade wasn't so bad. I suspect and hope there will be more than one party this year.

6 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

I hope they do better this year. On the NYE 2020 Oasis cruise, they scheduled only one NYE party it is was on the Promenade.  They also closed the Rising Tide & Schooner Bar to private parties so the floor of the Promenade was as packed as I've ever seen it.  Literally elbow to elbow from every side, and once you were in the crowd, you weren't moving. If they do that again this year, there will be no social distancing.  Before 2020 there were more events scheduled around the ship and the Promenade wasn't so bad. I suspect and hope there will be more than one party this year.

I’m a bit confused.  Royal wasn’t sailing on NYE 2020.  Are you sure you didn’t mean 2019? 

On 12/6/2021 at 11:19 AM, blueslily said:

Thank you so much for your willingness to share information during your cruise. 

So glad that the WJ is open for dinner. Woohoo!

If you have eaten in the MDR so far this sailing, what was the crowd like in there for dinner? 

Thanks!

I'm dining at 8:00 p.m. fixed time deck 5 starboard side. Would say on average maybe 2/3 full each night on that side. Table spacing is just like it was pre-pandemic. Can't speak for unvaxed area.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:42 AM, Chickadees said:

Was on the Symphony sailing last week (Nov 27). Talked to an officer and capacity was just over 50%. He said around 3300. Don’t know total capacity but WJ was not open for dinner. He said the plan for Symphony is to be close to full capacity by Christmas and into January.

Allure also had 3300 last week 

8 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Being vaxxed and boosted,  have no problem with the ships being 100%.

Agree, if anyone is worried about extra 20-30+ percent capacity maybe they shouldn't Cruise. But it's your choice either way. Mother has Heart Disease, COPD/Emphysema so even PreCV I'd never take her. Me? Currently have 70 nites Booked on Royal, some Sail after I'm sure Ships will be back to average 108% capacity. Best part is almost every week as get closer to next sailing find drops in my Cruise prices, scored another $200 off today.

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, if anyone is worried about extra 20-30+ percent capacity maybe they shouldn't Cruise. But it's your choice either way. 

I dont think many people are worried bc of covid, they just want the ships to be more empty so they can enjoy it with less crowds

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Miloomar said:

I dont think many people are worried bc of covid, they just want the ships to be more empty so they can enjoy it with less crowds

Some, but as Thread reads Members talking Distancing, Vaccinated/Not, and I was responding to that. Not to mention some even hoping have more passengers on to assure WJ open for Dinner

Edited by ONECRUISER