Need Noise Canceling Earbuds for Sleep

helen haywood

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

What I’ve been using is a White Noise app on my iPhone.  Plugged in all night so as to not run the battery down.  But lately due to various life problems I haven’t been sleeping so well…and in that case I’m hearing more of the log sawing than I would if I could drop off into a deep sleep.  I just got a notification my Bose package has been delivered!!  I’ll let you know how they work…but only briefly as I’ve been chastised that this is not the place for this question/issue.

I've used a white noise app played through a small Bose bluetooth speaker.  Its battery lasts all night and it makes the white noise louder, plus I don't need the phone close to me while it charges.  I also use the speaker to play music when I'm in my cabin.  Snoring isn't the only reason for noise cancelling = doors slamming, ship elevators dinging, drunks in hallways, people next door who don't realize sound carries, etc.  I'm interested to know how the Bose earbuds work for you so please come back and tell us. 

Edited by goofysmom99

Just wanted to report back that I used the Bose sleepbuds for the first time last night.  OMG WHERE have these been all my (married) life!!!  I didn’t hear a peep out of George!  He joked maybe he wasn’t snoring…ha ha…that would be a first in 34 years…

Perfectly comfortable and stayed in even through I flip over often.  The only question I have for anyone who has these is:  do I need to leave the charger plugged in at all times?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Just wanted to report back that I used the Bose sleepbuds for the first time last night.  OMG WHERE have these been all my (married) life!!!  I didn’t hear a peep out of George!  He joked maybe he wasn’t snoring…ha ha…that would be a first in 34 years…

Perfectly comfortable and stayed in even through I flip over often.  The only question I have for anyone who has these is:  do I need to leave the charger plugged in at all times?

Glad to hear they worked for  you.     I love mine. 

You do not need the case  plugged in all the time but the case only holds about 1 day of charge.   The earbuds themselves hold about 12 hours of a charge .    What I do on cruises is attach it to a battery pack and keep them plugged in al the time.

Another cool feature is that you can use them without your phone.   Normally you have to have your phone attached by Bluetooth.    There is a feature to select just one sound and preset the volume.  In that mode when you remove the buds they just start playing.  You can not however change the volume or sound without turning off the feature .  Normally you have to pair to your phone and press the start arrow.   

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:50 PM, LisaDee said:

For those experiencing snoring or a partner who snores, I strongly suggest getting a sleep study.  My husband has complained of my snoring for years.  I did a sleep study and was shocked to find out that I have severe sleep apnea and hypoxia (low oxygen), with my breathing stopping for up to 30 seconds at a time.  This can have very adverse impacts on your heart and other organs.  I put it off for years because the thought of going to a sleep center was so unappealing but I recently found an in-home sleep study option that was very professional and thorough with a follow up online appointment with a board certified sleep medicine MD to explain my results and prescribe a CPAP.  

I had the sam experience.  I never realized that I spent most of my night in a twilight state instead of deep sleep.  I just love my CPAP machine with the nasal pillow.  I did not do it for the snoring, but I no longer snore.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Today was Garbage Collection day and I put them on last night and didn't hear a sound.  I live in a good size Townhouse community and the trash day noise is early and noisy. 

Curious as to what sound she uses.    I've found 2 or 3 that I really find both relaxing and masking.

I don't know if she has 'one' that is her favorite yet. She is enjoying the research into the perfect sound. I know lately she has used the "cobble stone" sound and said that is her current favorite, but she is still trying them all.

41 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

I don't know if she has 'one' that is her favorite yet. She is enjoying the research into the perfect sound. I know lately she has used the "cobble stone" sound and said that is her current favorite, but she is still trying them all.

I have to agree.   Sometimes a specific sound is very soothing and then I find it annoying on a different night.   It is fun to just experiment.    I also found that volume can affect my level of relaxation.  

• Like 1