N95 masks made in, and sold from Canada

muffin

On 12/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Froufie said:

Before ordering/purchasing any masks you may wish to read this CBC Marketplace article:  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mask-filtration-standards-marketplace-1.5974442

I was able to buy a 5 pack of the good manner mask (highest rating)  online here:  https://clearmaskpro.ca/collections/kf94-masks

These were out of stock, but was able to order them today so just ordered a 25 pack of white.

Thanks for the links!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Order 2 boxes these on Sunday and them got delivered today 3M, N95 

they have a nice tight fit on my fat face 😁

https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/RESPIRATOR-V-FLEX-N95-50-PER-BX-SML/p/MMM9105S?analytics=prodRecs&cm_sp=CP-_-RV-_-NA-_-PR-_-NT-NA-_-EN

Edited by Airbalancer
  • Like 1

We bought KN 95 masks a couple if weeks ago for cruises and flights we cancelled last week. Up until now, we have been wearing 2 layer cloth masks. As we live in the hotspot of Kingston, we decided to use the new ones. Medical people have recently said it is recommended. I was surprised at not only how comfortable they were, but also how much cooler than the cloth masks. We don't go many places, but if these keep us and those around us safer  the added cost was worth it.

• Like 3

For those who are considering the purchase of N95/KN95 masks and who wear hearing aids, here's a personal experience you might want to consider before finalizing your choice.

I had ordered MedSup Medical's KN95 masks and had tried one on at home when they first arrived, early in the morning. Nice fit and comfortable. My DW later took one when heading out for some grocery shopping, and upon her return expressed her complete satisfaction with them. It looked like we had a winner.

A couple of days later, I had to go to the local SDM to pick up a prescription and do a little shopping, giving me the opportunity to field test the mask for the first time. I immediately ran into a problem when putting it on in the parking lot. The ear loops on the mask are a bit on the short side, a design intended to keep the mask snug on your face. As a result, while still comfortable, the loops pulled my ears out and down, just a little bit, but enough that my behind-the-ear hearing aids wouldn't stay in place. When I had first tried the mask early in the morning, I wasn't wearing the hearing aids, so this issue hadn't arisen.

So now I'm going to be ordering a mask that has the behind-the-head straps and leave my ears free. My issue may be because of the shape/size/placement of my ears, and the problem might not effect all people wearing behind-the-ear hearing aids, but it's worth considering before making a purchase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Whizzed !!!!!!!!!!!! I scrutinized very closely prior to ordering and BOOM...... made in China

I could kick myself, (KN 95-  Medicosante    https://medicosante.ca/en/ )

Next order is canaPHEM....... stay tuned!

Why are you surprised, you order KN-95 , that is a China standard 

6 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Why are you surprised, you order KN-95 , that is a China standard 

Yes, a Chinese standard, but masks made to this standard are manufactured in many countries, including both the US and Canada. Here's one example: https://canadastrongmasks.ca/collections/teens-and-petite-adults-respirators/products/layfield-95pfe-l3-particulate-ffr-n95-respirator-mask-with-earloops-made-in-canada

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, a Chinese standard, but masks made to this standard are manufactured in many countries, including both the US and Canada. Here's one example: https://canadastrongmasks.ca/collections/teens-and-petite-adults-respirators/products/layfield-95pfe-l3-particulate-ffr-n95-respirator-mask-with-earloops-made-in-canada

In the link it states 95PFE first which is the Canadian standard , 

but it does not meet NIOSH N95. Standards 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

In the link it states 95PFE first which is the Canadian standard , 

but it does not meet NIOSH N95. Standards 

Correct, it meets both the Canadian and Chinese standards, as well as passing the filtering requirements for N95, but because it uses ear loops instead of the bands running behind the head, does not meet the overall N95 standard.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, gnome12 said:

Currently sold out.

Just went back today in Delta BC and picked up 5 boxes for sister in law and for next few months for myself.

Website said sold out, but when I phoned locally they said they still had a supply on hand. I ordered and picked them up an hour later. Not sure if other Bowers locations have any but Delta did. Not sure if they ship from locations or what the cost would be.

• Like 2

Cpn’ flapjack…… thx for this info. I sent a request to the delta office  by email after hours last night. Asked them to mail a box of masks to us if possible. Said we would pay postage. Gave our contact phone number. Got a call this am. Will do this for us. Not sure of mail cost, but won’t be ridiculous. Glad to get another box. Should do for the foreseeable future. CC wins again! 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 7:25 PM, muffin said:

CC member Lucruise just made mention of this company. I just ordered, and thought it needs its own  topic…..many of us looking. Simply goggle Canada Strong Masks and make a choice. Several kinds, colours and children sized too. delivery costs are a trifle high, but can’t complain when you get exactly what you want. I ordered some N 95 and also some of the usual light blue and white ones which are good for quick trips to the store…but in black so I do not feel I have just escaped from a hospital! Thx Lucruise!

COMPLETELY SOLD OUT NOW

7 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

COMPLETELY SOLD OUT NOW

As they were on December 24, with an expected availability date in late January. As I wasn't in a rush, I placed my order anyway, and today I received an email saying that my order was on its way and providing a tracking number. Needless to say, I was happily surprised!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As they were on December 24, with an expected availability date in late January. As I wasn't in a rush, I placed my order anyway, and today I received an email saying that my order was on its way and providing a tracking number. Needless to say, I was happily surprised!

Oohh….that’s good to know. I placed an order yesterday so hopefully will be here by the end of January 😊

• Like 2

I have bought the Canada Strong masks twice. I really like them. We used them when we flew to Newfoundland in September. They are very comfortable. I like supporting "local", and supporting a local Indigenous company was a real plus for me.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2021 at 4:58 PM, Fouremco said:

Received my masks today.

Finally a mask you cannot blow a candle out in when wearing without doubling up.

Adult size fits nicely on DH  and myself and the Kids size fits my 8 year old Granddaughter perfectly. 
Going to place another order today as I know this order will be used up quickly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

Received my masks today.

Finally a mask you cannot blow a candle out in when wearing without doubling up.

Adult size fits nicely on DH  and myself and the Kids size fits my 8 year old Granddaughter perfectly. 
Going to place another order today as I know this order will be used up quickly. 

Mine arrived yesterday. Other than shovelling and walking the dog, I've not been out and about to field test one, but trying one at home it fits very well and eliminated the issue with my hearing aids. And the bands behind the head are far more comfortable than ear loops.