Musical and Production Entertainment On Board

Floridastorm

Just off the Journey yesterday. No piped music by the pool - bliss. Paula with a lovely voice played Piano in the Den each evening and the excellent house band East Pearl played several sets in the Living Room each evening. Between the live sets in the Living Room they did have background music playing in the evening but nothing before about 5pm (that I noticed). Due to the low number of people on board (172) there was only 1 show each evening starting at 9:15pm most nights. The Destination event started at 8:30pm but most nights it was 9:15pm. Eric the Cruise Director and his excellent team worked hard to create an atmosphere but it was tough as there were never more than 100 in the room. The 4 singers in the crew were excellent and put on good shows. Overall, I thought the entertainment was first rate given the size of the ship and resources available.

• Like 5

Quest….seas rough enough that singers and dancers were cancelled.  Danny Turner performed instead.  great show!  
Pool band had to be cancelled each day at 1 pm due to winds on deck.  The seas were rougher than usual from Miami to St Thomas.  

we are docked at WICO, Havensight Mall open.  A breeze but getting warm now at 11 am. Go out early to tour to beat the heat if you can.

Hope next cruise has smooth seas.

• Like 2

I went to pool  first day.second day I was in cabin to dinner.

very very windy.at front of ship and was given a key to a small cabin if needed to sleep.

honestly bathing now as even standing was a challenge.

but I made it to dinner.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, Roel94 said:

I went to pool  first day.second day I was in cabin to dinner.

very very windy.at front of ship and was given a key to a small cabin if needed to sleep.

honestly bathing now as even standing was a challenge.

but I made it to dinner.

Guess I’d better bring some seasick meds!

• Like 1

We have had some great entertainment thus far on Quest.

The band is 4th Element.  They are a band made up of crew……very good!

The orchestra has been great.  
The singers and dancers are fabulous and the two lead singers are great.

We had two shows last night……and encore performance of John Bressler with 4 th Element in the LR and we had Brandon and James from Americas Got Talent……a singer and cellist.  So good!

• Like 3

We had Sasha and Dema dance for us last night from the Ukraine.  Aren’t they the dance couple that used to regularly perform on Azamara years ago?  I think so……. They were lovely to watch.

Tonight will be Brandon and James again performing both classical pop and Broadway tunes, vocalist and cellist.  They were wonderful on their first show. 

also, tonight and last night they are trying something new……dinner on the patio with live entertainment provided by the band, 4th element, who have been Great.  We plan to attend that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We had Sasha and Dema dance for us last night from the Ukraine.  Aren’t they the dance couple that used to regularly perform on Azamara years ago?  I think so……. They were lovely to watch.

Tonight will be Brandon and James again performing both classical pop and Broadway tunes, vocalist and cellist.  They were wonderful on their first show. 

also, tonight and last night they are trying something new……dinner on the patio with live entertainment provided by the band, 4th element, who have been Great.  We plan to attend that.

Yes, they did dance back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Sounds like they are trying lots of things which is great to see

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Lucky you!  They are indeed great.  I think they are on JR for one cruise and then not back on Azamara again until March next year, but they may be called back sooner.  I know CD Eric rates them.  They were on longer contracts before and part of the cast, but since Azamara changed the entertainment format they just appear occasionally as guest entertainers and also work for themselves in Ukraine and on other ships.  

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update from Quest… Sasha and Dema performed during Top Cruiser award event today.  They will be headlining another show tomorrow night.  Tonight, we had a new entertainer for this cruise, Jakub Trasak, and he is a violinist who does music from Stevie Wonder to Classical.  It was a great performance tonight.

• Like 3

We are also having a matinee performance tomorrow “On Broadway”:featuring CD Danny Turner and ACD Tanya Roberts, as well as the orchestra and singers and dancers.   Igor from the orchestra will be performing in the LR playing his saxophone at 6:30 pm.  
No lack of entertainment for the sea day!

• Like 2

First off I asked if they would dance at   The Top Cruiser event and they agreed. They leave in Miami and rejoin  in SJ. Demi will be state side but Sashi flying into and back from Europe. 

as things change  that could be tougher.

5 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Update from Quest… Sasha and Dema performed during Top Cruiser award event today.  They will be headlining another show tomorrow night.  Tonight, we had a new entertainer for this cruise, Jakub Trasak, and he is a violinist who does music from Stevie Wonder to Classical.  It was a great performance tonight.

Lovely, they always have them at that event when onboard- makes the event special and worth going to. Glad you are enjoying all the entertainment onboard. It has sounded wonderful 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

For those on Quest for the Christmas cruise and the one after, Sasha and Dima will be on the ship covering two cruises from 3rd to 10th January. They are well worth seeing. It's good to see that they are being "used" by Azamara again after the pause in cruising. 

Phil 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

For those on Quest for the Christmas cruise and the one after, Sasha and Dima will be on the ship covering two cruises from 3rd to 10th January. They are well worth seeing. It's good to see that they are being "used" by Azamara again after the pause in cruising. 

Phil 

They just performed their second show and it was better than the first, if that is possible!  So good!! 

• Like 2

I just can’t say how wonderful it has been to see live performances again after so long due to the pandemic!  I cried after the first nights performance….it was so emotional to hear a live performance!!  

This cruise has been great for that.  The performers are also so grateful  to be able to perform in front of audiences again!  Many were at home for months!  

We lived thru the era when Azamara was experimenting with the short plays, etc which frankly were a flop and it has been wonderful to have great entertainment again! 

One more sea day tomorrow and we have a matinee performance of the violinist and the singers and dancers perform tomorrow night.  I have attended every show, including matinees and I will be in attendance tomorrow for both shows!  👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

They just performed their second show and it was better than the first, if that is possible!  So good!! 

In the first show they have to save something for the second.  In the second, they can let it all hang out!

• Like 2

Excellent shows this past cruise.  The cruise directors both have great shows. The singers and dancers have three high energy shows which are very good, and the outside entertainers are all great fun. The piano player- Valentina in the den is great and has a HUGE repertoire as does the four person band from the Philippines - the 4th element - who have a quite the range and a bass player who can really sing.   Photo taken in thw Cabaret- the theatre. 

51EF389A-6DAF-45EC-8D3F-1BF09FE5B12E.jpeg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, PAtravelbug said:

Excellent shows this past cruise.  The cruise directors both have great shows. The singers and dancers have three high energy shows which are very good, and the outside entertainers are all great fun. The piano player- Valentina in the den is great and has a HUGE repertoire as does the four person band from the Philippines - the 4th element - who have a quite the range and a bass player who can really sing.   Photo taken in thw Cabaret- the theatre. 

51EF389A-6DAF-45EC-8D3F-1BF09FE5B12E.jpeg

Thanks for posting, sounds like it was great.