Dec 13 Constellation B2B - East/West Caribbean (Holiday) Cruise

Ken the cruiser

Hi folks, we're so excited to be going on our next B2B starting Monday! We've never been on an M class ship before, so it should a fun change of pace as our last two sailings were on the Apex in Nov and the Edge in Aug. We've also put in an upgrade bid (on the first leg) for a Celebrity Suite, so wish us luck as we've never tried to do an upgrade bid before. 

Here are the itineraries. Of course, we will still need to jump through a few hoops first like passing our eMed home antigen test on Saturday. Then, if all goes well, drive down to Tampa on Sunday to stay in a hotel before boarding the Constellation on Monday! As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 😎

First leg currently booked in a sky suite, Dec 13-23

1763943513_ConnieDec13.thumb.png.5ff5a270b56441bccf751e69c5cd1837.png

Second leg in an aft-facing Aqua cabin, Dec 23 - Jan 3

1154034547_ConnieDec23.thumb.png.e3b05c27d45cd0a4869537f7c6492e6d.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Have a great (2) cruises and thanks for keeping us posted.  Curious to know if there are a lot of children on the 2nd leg?

Thanks, and please ask me that question again a few days before the second leg starts and I'll go ask CS if they know the passenger breakdown.

We are neighbors on the Holiday Cruise.  Well not exactly neighbors since we didn't get one of the aft facing cabins, but we are just a few cabins from the aft door and our quick access to the Sunset Bar!  I'm sure we will be down in the sunset bar most late afternoons/early evenings enjoying a sunset cocktail and a slice of pizza before heading up to the cabin to get ready for dinner.  Look forward to hear about your first leg of the B2B.  Bon Voyage!    

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

We are neighbors on the Holiday Cruise.  Well not exactly neighbors since we didn't get one of the aft facing cabins, but we are just a few cabins from the aft door and our quick access to the Sunset Bar!  I'm sure we will be down in the sunset bar most late afternoons/early evenings enjoying a sunset cocktail and a slice of pizza before heading up to the cabin to get ready for dinner.  Look forward to hear about your first leg of the B2B.  Bon Voyage!    

From everything I'm hearing the second leg is definitely going to be more packed than the first leg. A few days ago, I did a fake booking on the first leg and here is the count I came up with regarding available cabins to book. PH -1, SS -1, AQ - 72, C - 78, V - 113, OV - 105 and I - 132. I guess that's why they're still offering 2 for 1 deals to CC members.

1 minute ago, travellerin1984 said:

It will be great to hear your experiences! We are cruising on Constellation in January and we are looking forward your reports! One thing we would like to know… Are there any guest lectures onboard? 

There have been on our recent Edge and Apex cruises pretty much every seaday. But I will definitely let you know once we are onboard as we enjoy going to them as well. 😎

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

There have been on our recent Edge and Apex cruises pretty much every seaday. But I will definitely let you know once we are onboard as we enjoy going to them as well. 😎

Perfect. We hade six (!) see days on our cruise so I am curious about the entertainment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellerin1984 said:

It will be great to hear your experiences! We are cruising on Constellation in January and we are looking forward your reports! One thing we would like to know… Are there any guest lectures onboard? 

If you download the Celebrity app and look at the current cruise -   Go to activities and change filter from Recommended to all and you can see the From the Podium schedule and subject.    It is usually populated for the current and next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

We passed our Covid tests this morning!  We are already in FL - 77 degrees and beautiful!  See you on Monday.

Mike and Mary

Good sailing and happy you passed the test.   They can be so concerning and when you pass you feel like you passed the lottery.   enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you download the Celebrity app and look at the current cruise -   Go to activities and change filter from Recommended to all and you can see the From the Podium schedule and subject.    It is usually populated for the current and next cruise.

Using Jim’s app suggestion I just checked and it appears there is a From the Podium lecture every sea day at 9 am in the Reflections Lounge, deck 11 forward.

I see you’re going to St. Kitts. We will be there early Feb on the Apex.  Would .really appreciate it if you can find out if we can take a government approved Taxi at the port. We’re thinking albeit going;g to the Marriot for the day.  Thank you so much.

Vicky. 

4 minutes ago, vickykay said:

I see you’re going to St. Kitts. We will be there early Feb on the Apex.  Would .really appreciate it if you can find out if we can take a government approved Taxi at the port. We’re thinking albeit going;g to the Marriot for the day.  Thank you so much.

Vicky. 

As soon as Celebrity posts the shore rules in our cabin for the various islands we'll be visiting, I will definitely post them for everyone to see. Right now, this is what Celebrity is posting on their website under their "While Ashore" section at the below link, as you probably have already seen.

In St. Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados and Dominica, fully vaccinated guests may also choose to visit the enclosed port area to enjoy the shops and in that area can also purchase an approved independent tour provided by the local government. Please note that these tours are unaffiliated with Celebrity.

Travel Requirements for US Cruises | Celebrity Cruises

@Ken the cruiserHave you been contacted about how much delayed your boarding is tomorrow? Looks like she's booking it around the Florida Keys right now so may not be too delayed. (Delay is due to a medical evacuation which meant the Connie had deviate from course to get close to Miami for the Coast Guard to take the passenger off.)

3 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

@Ken the cruiserHave you been contacted about how much delayed your boarding is tomorrow? Looks like she's booking it around the Florida Keys right now so may not be too delayed. (Delay is due to a medical evacuation which meant the Connie had deviate from course to get close to Miami for the Coast Guard to take the passenger off.)

We have not heard anything new other than the original information that the Connie was temporarily diverted to Miami. However, I did just check Cruise Mapper and the Connie is cruising at 21 knots, so she’s clipping along pretty quick. Hopefully, all will go fine and we’ll be able to board starting around noon or soon afterwards. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Constellation-740

• Like 1

We have arrived at the Hyatt Place hotel near Busch Gardens, approximately 9 miles from the port, which was over $100 cheaper than the Hyatt near the port if anyone is interested. Happily, without any unforeseen drama along the way.

Hopefully, the Connie will make up most of her lost time overnight and arrive in port early enough for us to start boarding by noon or shortly thereafter. One can hope anyway. 😎

• Like 1