Last minute Covid testing

oh2cruise

We have a holiday cruise scheduled, and have learned that CVS is no longer taking advanced appointments for the rapid test, same day only.  Our local Walgreens do not do the rapid test at all.  If we are unable to get a rapid test appointment , is there an option to take the test at the terminal upon boarding the ship?

Not sure when you are traveling the self administered proctored home test may be a good alternative.   While I don't have any personal knowledge I have read that they are doing testing at FLL Airport

https://www.covidfll.com/   Cost is $150 and they state that insurance no longer cover Travel Testing.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, oh2cruise said:

We have a holiday cruise scheduled, and have learned that CVS is no longer taking advanced appointments for the rapid test, same day only.  Our local Walgreens do not do the rapid test at all.  If we are unable to get a rapid test appointment , is there an option to take the test at the terminal upon boarding the ship?

No option to be tested at the terminal😢

49 minutes ago, cbfb said:

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

this company is doing testing at FLL terminal 3. I believe it’s $59 for the rapid test and you can make an appointment ahead of time. You have to flying in or out of FLL. 

They will only test passengers flying OUT of Fort Lauderdale unfortunately!

4 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

No, that’s not correct, according to Ella at Nomihealth.  If you a cruise passenger, they will accept you flying into or out of Fort Lauderdale, and they are open on New Year’s Eve.

Wow! That’s great news! I got my information doing a CHAT on the website

She said they are located right in American Airlines Terminal 3, so I’m assuming I have to get my test and then proceed to baggage claim.  
A little nervous after seeing reviews for the Miami location, though.  I’m staying in Dania Beach, so it’s either the airport or an Uber over to 17th Street on New Year’s Eve.

Might be easier to just take the BionaxNOW test with me to the hotel.

Edited by Suzanne123

20 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Might be easier to just take the BionaxNOW test with me to the hotel.

That is my plan for February.  We fly out on Feb 12 to sail on Feb 14, so no getting a test at home.  I plan to bring along our BinaxNow AG tests in my carry on, and do them in our hotel once we land in FLL.   We will do a non-proctored one at home (Got them at Sam’s for $7 each) before leaving to be certain we are negative, then the proctored one in the right time window. 

Copied this from a cruiser on the Florida board

Just a quick note to confirm that I did get my Rapid Antigen test at the FLL airport when I flew in on October 27th for my cruise on October 29th.  I had an appt for 1:30 but arrived at 1 pm and they took me right away.  They did not ask for my boarding pass or proof of flight in or out of FLL, but I had already filled that info out on-line when I made my appt, so maybe that's why.  They would not print out my results; they only text and e-mail the info to you, just fyi, and I had my results in about 15 minutes.  I printed out my results at the hotel so I would have a "hard copy" as I was nervous about just having it on my phone.  Also, you must pay $59 for the test.  I did not ask for a receipt to submit to my insurance, so I'm not sure if they ever provide a receipt.  Hope this helps anyone flying into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Copied this from a cruiser on the Florida board

Just a quick note to confirm that I did get my Rapid Antigen test at the FLL airport when I flew in on October 27th for my cruise on October 29th.  I had an appt for 1:30 but arrived at 1 pm and they took me right away.  They did not ask for my boarding pass or proof of flight in or out of FLL, but I had already filled that info out on-line when I made my appt, so maybe that's why.  They would not print out my results; they only text and e-mail the info to you, just fyi, and I had my results in about 15 minutes.  I printed out my results at the hotel so I would have a "hard copy" as I was nervous about just having it on my phone.  Also, you must pay $59 for the test.  I did not ask for a receipt to submit to my insurance, so I'm not sure if they ever provide a receipt.  Hope this helps anyone flying into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise.

Thank you so much for this info! This will be my backup🚢

59 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

That is my plan for February.  We fly out on Feb 12 to sail on Feb 14, so no getting a test at home.  I plan to bring along our BinaxNow AG tests in my carry on, and do them in our hotel once we land in FLL.   We will do a non-proctored one at home (Got them at Sam’s for $7 each) before leaving to be certain we are negative, then the proctored one in the right time window. 

What about doing the proctored test at home before you have to leave for the airport on Feb. 12?  The proctors are available 24/7.  

Depending on how comfortable you feel about last minute testing, Celebrity's website states that vaccinated passengers can get tested outside select cruise ports on the day of sailing. Appointments are limited but can be made ahead of time. Out of curiosity, I checked before my November Constellation cruise from Tampa and testing appointments on the day of the cruise we're available at least a couple of weeks prior to day of sailing. The Royal Caribbean website Covid testing FAQs has links to the ports where testing is available for both Royal and Celebrity ships.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

What about doing the proctored test at home before you have to leave for the airport on Feb. 12?  The proctors are available 24/7.  

We are spending the night of the 11th in a hotel by the airport.  We live 100 miles from the airport.  If we have time at 6am in the first hotel we will, but nothing sure we will.  

• Like 1