Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

14 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

That's the one that shows as a vacant lot on google maps! 🙃 But I had in fact pulled that one up the other day, never priced it, but there are some photos. And they have a 4.9 rating (FWIW). Will definitely check that one out.

Sidebar, completely unrelated . . . All the comments about "seeing" Harmony etc, made me wonder exactly where the submarine basin is (or was?) in relation to the cruise terminals. Lo and behold, we pass it sailing out. Duh. I used to go fishing there occasionally and once led a pack of Cub Scounts on a tour of a Trident sub . . . so long ago I don't even want to say LOL . . . so anyway, when we cruise out in May I'll try to remember to give the east basin a little wave.

Added: Forgot to say thanks island girl, and that lot is definitely "close enough".

If you are up then...and most are...when you come back into port.  Go outside or on your balcony and you will hear Revelry.  They play that music at the Navy yard everyday at 7:30.  😉  

We used to take the "land yacht" to Jetty Park to camp (which is right at the end of the canal).  Would hear it every day there as well.  

BTW...just to tease you...I have not been a "girl" in a long time. 😄  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

If you are up then...and most are...when you come back into port.  Go outside or on your balcony and you will hear Revelry.  They play that music at the Navy yard everyday at 7:30.  😉  

We used to take the "land yacht" to Jetty Park to camp (which is right at the end of the canal).  Would hear it every day there as well.  

Don't you live within tax ride distance to the port?  I'm having a driver take me for my Harmony cruise.  I think I have mentioned I'm not big on driving

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Don't you live within tax ride distance to the port?  I'm having a driver take me for my Harmony cruise.  I think I have mentioned I'm not big on driving

Not anymore.  We lived for 20 years on Merritt Island about 3 miles away,  taking a taxi from home...was at the port in 5-10 minutes.  

Now...we are about 20 miles away in our nice "old farts community" 😉 thus I drive to port.  Could still take a local shuttle service from our community, like we do when we fly out of Orlando...but I am fine with driving there since then.   

When we come back from the Wonder TA in mid November...I am elated that our disembarkation port is now PC.  (Was originally Miami...then Galveston).   That is when I will have the shuttle pick us up.  🥰

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Taxi is my own fallback in case my offsite parking return shuttle presents problems. One thing about PC is most offsite parking is very close by.

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL . . . but "girl" still applies anyway, right? I once read somewhere that once we get past 50 we don't have to count anymore. Right? 😄

Thanks for the tip on Revelry! That never occurred to me. And I spend 20 in the Air Force. Go figure. (Thus my FL/PC experience, 9 years at Patrick.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Taxi is my own fallback in case my offsite parking return shuttle presents problems. One thing about PC is most offsite parking is very close by.

LOL . . . but "girl" still applies anyway, right? I once read somewhere that once we get past 50 we don't have to count anymore. Right? 😄

Thanks for the tip on Revelry! That never occurred to me. And I spend 20 in the Air Force. Go figure. (Thus my FL/PC experience, 9 years at Patrick.)

LOL!!  Yes, a girl at heart still...I just try to avoid looking at the "where did that old lady come from" in the mirror now.  😄 😄  

BTW...I love..love your Avatar.  Sooo cool!  

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Yes, a girl at heart still...I just try to avoid looking at the "where did that old lady come from" in the mirror now.  😄 😄  

BTW...I love..love your Avatar.  Sooo cool!  

I thoroughly hate getting my picture taken. And (strange but true) digital cameras are even worse for catching the "imperfections".

Avatar, thanks, no idea where I found it (years ago). I love wolves. And all the odd moons that come and go. 🙂

!!! Tonight (12/28) is supposed to be great for viewing ALL of the evening stars, in the south or southwest sky I think. From the horizon up I think it'll be Venus, Saturn and Jupiter in a close line, and Mercury pretty far away.

Edit: I know this because a few weeks ago in Nashville TN I saw Venus and Jupiter one evening, just above the moon. So I researched. All of December is supposedly good for seeing multiple evening stars.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

I thoroughly hate getting my picture taken. And (strange but true) digital cameras are even worse for catching the "imperfections".

Avatar, thanks, no idea where I found it (years ago). I love wolves. And all the odd moons that come and go. 🙂

!!! Tonight (12/28) is supposed to be great for viewing ALL of the evening stars, in the south or southwest sky I think. From the horizon up I think it'll be Venus, Saturn and Jupiter in a close line, and Mercury pretty far away.

Oh yes...plus there is nothing more dramatic and humbling than standing on your balcony or on deck at night to view that beautiful sky full of stars!!  🥰

Holding a nice glass of wine doesn't hurt either.  😄 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2021 at 1:29 PM, island lady said:

Drove by Harmony today, nice to see her again...will be back on board this time next Sunday.  

Outside Aux parking lot next to the garage looked totally full, and saw pax parked in grassy area across the road.  Garage, from what we could see from the road... looked full as well.  This was at 9:30 am.  

Of course this was the Christmas cruise...and the New Years cruise is boarding now.  

Wonder what we will find on 1/2/22?  

we are on this same sailing…..😁😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

When directed to the side lot (the paved one), there were only about 4-5 cars there.  I asked the attendants why I couldn't park in the garage....they told me it was full (this was at 10:30 am).  I asked if I could check since pax may still be leaving.  They told me "no...the ship is cleared".   They are really pushing pax out the door early now (last departure 8:45) to begin earlier cleaning. 

By 11 am...it is what it is.  Would not be any more cars leaving at that point.  

I think I'll aim to get there as close to 8:45 am as possible.  

I wonder if porters will take luggage that early.  

As I posted earlier, I'll probably sit in the car and wait and do the muster drill.  We have done that before.  Check-in time slot is 11 AM.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonarino said:

Thanks for the bolded mentions, I've considered both, and for now I'm planning to park offsite . . . although . . .

1. The reviews I've read on the 3 closer parking sites leave a little to be desired -- long delays in return pickup, won't answer the phone, etc. Neither does google maps help my decision-making all that much, because some of the geo-snapshots are too old. For one parking site it shows a blank field under construction. (Is that lot really there??) And . . .

2. The pricing. After taxes and a "port entry fee"?? (ranging $6 to $7.50) are added in, I'd pay almost as much at any of those as I would at the port. Including "discounts" the quotes I got online were from $102-$108. Last time I parked for a PC cruise I paid about $75. BUT, with a noon check-in window, how far would we have to drag our bags??

I've never had a bit of angst over deciding where to park for any cruise, until now. We definitely need some improvements at Terminal 1 parking.

Posting all this wordage in hopes for feedback that will tip the scales for me. TIA.

Were the reviews you mentioned for off-sight parking?

Agree about needing improvements for the Terminal 1 garage.  I think they should have put an extra deck on the parking garage.   

7 hours ago, Moonarino said:

The pictures I uploaded makes me look like a witch.  😂The only current picture that I like of myself was taken by my grandson.  However, he wrote "Cool Grandma" on it so I can't use for the Sea Pass.  😁  So I'll live with the Witch picture. 

Edited by SherriZ366

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I think I'll aim to get there as close to 8:45 am as possible.  

I wonder if porters will take luggage that early.  

As I posted earlier, I'll probably sit in the car and wait and do the muster drill.  We have done that before.  Check-in time slot is 11 AM.  

I read somewhere the porters start taking luggage at 9:30.  I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.  I am going to leave the house at 9 am (last time I didn't leave until after 10).  Will put me at dropping off luggage around 9:30 or just after.  

17 hours ago, island lady said:

I read somewhere the porters start taking luggage at 9:30.  I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.  I am going to leave the house at 9 am (last time I didn't leave until after 10).  Will put me at dropping off luggage around 9:30 or just after.  

Thanks.  

On 12/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Were the reviews you mentioned for off-sight parking?

Agree about needing improvements for the Terminal 1 garage.  I think they should have put an extra deck on the parking garage.   

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, reviews I've read were for the offsite parking vendors, reviews that people have written under the google maps entry for each of those. I think I might've also read a Yelp review or two. Most complaints were about not being able to get refunds when cruises were cancelled, or for nobody answering the phone, or in a coupe of cases a huge hole that was "still there" when a cruiser returned to pick up the vehicle, as if no interest at all in filling it up.

Another thing that irritated me (as I mentioned somewhere before) was that the "$11.95" or whatever is only about 90% of cost. Every lot I've priced so far adds not just taxes but a "port entry fee" that varies from $6 to $7.50 (total, not daily). I've never paid or even heard of that extra fee before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, reviews I've read were for the offsite parking vendors, reviews that people have written under the google maps entry for each of those. I think I might've also read a Yelp review or two. Most complaints were about not being able to get refunds when cruises were cancelled, or for nobody answering the phone, or in a coupe of cases a huge hole that was "still there" when a cruiser returned to pick up the vehicle, as if no interest at all in filling it up.

Another thing that irritated me (as I mentioned somewhere before) was that the "$11.95" or whatever is only about 90% of cost. Every lot I've priced so far adds not just taxes but a "port entry fee" that varies from $6 to $7.50 (total, not daily). I've never paid or even heard of that extra fee before.

It used to be a big difference in price from off terminal parking to terminal parking.   Mostly sprang up when the port authority started charging 8 days for a 7 night cruise years ago. And of course later, the off site started doing the same thing.  

Now...when you add it up...and with add in tip...not much difference in price now.  We have always had good luck with Park N Cruise on Banana River drive...but the last few times..eh.   Overcrowded shuttles, long wait until another arrived.  

We were quite happy with paying the small amount extra at the terminal this time...though we did have to park in the open lot next door.  Was soooo much more convenient.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It used to be a big difference in price from off terminal parking to terminal parking.   Mostly sprang up when the port authority started charging 8 days for a 7 night cruise years ago. And of course later, the off site started doing the same thing.  ...

Well that explains that. Used to be, for offsite parking, we would have to enter a return TIME as well as a date, so they could legitimately calculate 7 days versus 8, etc. But now none of them do -- because they're just flat charging for the extra day. All parking quotes for a 7-day cruise have given me a price quote for "8" days.

I've only port-parked once, in New Orleans. It took us a half hour just get into the garage at PONO (for a Carnival cruise), but then after we parked (on deck 4 or 5) it was a fairly short walk to the elevator. And off the elevator -- Bam, we were there. Security check-in was straight ahead less than 50 feet, and we were under cover every step. Needless to say we were both extremely happy with that.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Well that explains that. Used to be, for offsite parking, we would have to enter a return TIME as well as a date, so they could legitimately calculate 7 days versus 8, etc. But now none of them do -- because they're just flat charging for the extra day. All parking quotes for a 7-day cruise have given me a price quote for "8" days.

I've only port-parked once, in New Orleans. It took us a half hour just get into the garage at PONO (for a Carnival cruise), but then after we parked (on deck 4 or 5) it was a fairly short walk to the elevator. And off the elevator -- Bam, we were there. Security check-in was straight ahead less than 50 feet, and we were under cover every step. Needless to say we were both extremely happy with that.

Yeah, it was quite awhile before the off site parking lots started following suit with that rip off of 8 days, which the port authority started charging.  It was then I refused to park at the port...but now they are all like that.  

Scenario:  You are parked in spot X on a Sunday...then leave on a Sunday 7 days later.  The parking area gets paid for that Sunday when you arrive, plus the pax that were that were that morning before they left...and so on with when you leave and someone takes that spot.  Double paid for every embarkation/disembarkation day.  Quite the scam.  😠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonarino said:

Have you considered goport?  They have a flat fee ($80 for up to 15 dates parking) plus shuttle fees per head ( with shuttle fee it is $85 for a couple); no additional taxes or access fees, best I can tell.  We frequently used goport for cruise parking before the shutdown and felt we were treated well.  They now have relocated their parking area.  I have not seen it, but the new lot location should be more convenient for us and many others. As with other companies, they have negative reviews regarding shutdown refunds and lack of phone customer service.  The price has crept up over the years.

We’d rather pay the high cost and park in the terminal 1 garage avoiding shuttles, but the if garage crowding continues to be an issue, we might consider reserving off site.  

• 2 months later...

Bump to this thread....wondering how the parking is going at the Port now that ships are sailing more full than before?

We are on a Thursday leave day (4/14) on the IOS and it looks like both the MOS and the HOS will both be out at sea, any chance we will get a spot in the garage, or should I already plan on parking in the dirt w/ bird 💩 all over my car when we return?

On 12/16/2021 at 12:26 PM, Teeara said:

No one is allowed in until 11 a.m.  There are no suite lines outside or inside.  You have to stand outside in one of four lines.  There is a bench to the right of the doors where those who need to sit can do so.  Restrooms are behind the bench.   We started having employees come out to the lines around 10:15 asking to see your vaccination card, proof of negative test and boarding docs.  You should keep those 3 out at all times since you will be asked repeatedly until you board the ship for those documents.

There was a Suite Line outside for the Jan 30th Harmony Cruise. We walked up to it at 10:30 and we’re checked in and in the Suite waiting Area by 10:40 and the Suite Lounge by 11:05.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:23 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

Bump to this thread....wondering how the parking is going at the Port now that ships are sailing more full than before?

We are on a Thursday leave day (4/14) on the IOS and it looks like both the MOS and the HOS will both be out at sea, any chance we will get a spot in the garage, or should I already plan on parking in the dirt w/ bird 💩 all over my car when we return?

In December HOS with 3900+ we arrived at the parking garage around 10:45 for our 11 check in and had to park on the roof top, the parking person stated it was almost full.  RC has several ships to park at the same garage so it does not enough spaces for everyone and some must park on the grass parking lot next to the garage.  

• Thanks 1

The grass lot is the parking of last resort.  

There is a paved parking area right next to the garage.  Except for the exposure with no cover, it was actually very convenient.  Easy walk with luggage right to the car.  No elevator needed.  😉 

Wow I didn’t realize parking was so tight! We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before our Harmony cruise, so we can easily arrive early for parking.  But since we booked only recently our check in time is not until 1:00.

Is there a stand-by line at Port Canaveral for early arrivals? If we get there by 9:30 or10AM for covered parking, I would want to know we actually have a chance of getting checked in a little earlier so we aren’t sitting there with the kids for 3 hours. Any recent experiences with how early arrivals are handled for Harmony sailings at Port Canaveral?

1 hour ago, Gatordad815 said:

Wow I didn’t realize parking was so tight! We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before our Harmony cruise, so we can easily arrive early for parking.  But since we booked only recently our check in time is not until 1:00.

Is there a stand-by line at Port Canaveral for early arrivals? If we get there by 9:30 or10AM for covered parking, I would want to know we actually have a chance of getting checked in a little earlier so we aren’t sitting there with the kids for 3 hours. Any recent experiences with how early arrivals are handled for Harmony sailings at Port Canaveral?

Your stand by line is exactly that...standing by until your scheduled time.  They had everyone in "cattle gates" that were marked by time slots.  Unless you want to stand there for hours (there is no place to sit)...you could do something like this: 

We got there early to get covered parking, checked our bags with the porters, then up to park in the garage.   Once divested of check in bags, we left our carry on bags in the vehicle, and took a nice long walk around the port area.  Lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, and the visitors tower (Exploration Tower) to check out along the waterfront.   

You could have an early lunch or late breakfast at one of the restaurants if you wanted to.  (Saw a lot of early arriving pax with their carry on bags doing that).   They still were not letting pax when we got back, so we just sat in the vehicle in the garage for a bit while I checked emails.