Azamara Is Top Tier Again

GlobalMethod

We just got back from an Azamara back-to-back on the Quest, doing a transatlantic to Miami from Lisbon and then onward from Miami for a 'Caribbean Breeze'.

Happy to report that food, service, crew and all aspects of the cruise exceeded expectations.

We were so pleased we started planning another such outing tonight!

Happy Travels to All!

Edited by GlobalMethod
  • Like 10

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

We are trying the Quest on the Jan. 7, 2022 sailing around the Caribbean, with what seems like very few passengers. I hope that's not a sign of anything.

I imagine they will be close to full capacity, as they are on my cruise right before yours 

12 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

We just got back from an Azamara back-to-back on the Quest, doing a transatlantic to Miami from Lisbon and then onward from Miami for a 'Caribbean Breeze'.

Happy to report that food, service, crew and all aspects of the cruise exceeded expectations.

We were so pleased we started planning another such outing tonight!

Happy Travels to All!

Glad you had such a good time. Reflects our experience earlier in the Autumn- definitely a notch up. We booked something we had not initially planned to when we got home - it’s catching 😂

• Like 5

On 12/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

And that worries me a little, given the COVID case they have already had. Any more news about that? 

Just off the quest today. Sadly.   The cruise was …Amazing.  They made it so special even with some changes made and the masks and all that.   Yes- one case caught on day 4 during full ship testing. She was isolated as was her one close contact (Determined by the cameras all over), her husband. Separately.  She was asymptomatic. He tested negative each day until he didn’t- on day 9.  Also asymptomatic.  Then they were isolated together.  They were to stay on for the next two cruises but were leaving today to isolate ashore and then Azamara will get them home.   The captain kept Everyone informed and was in regular contact with the couple.  There are a few cabins on deck 4 that Have separate air filtration and glass doors that block the hallway on either side. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PAtravelbug said:

Just off the quest today. Sadly.   The cruise was …Amazing.  They made it so special even with some changes made and the masks and all that.   Yes- one case caught on day 4 during full ship testing. She was isolated as was her one close contact (Determined by the cameras all over), her husband. Separately.  She was asymptomatic. He tested negative each day until he didn’t- on day 9.  Also asymptomatic.  Then they were isolated together.  They were to stay on for the next two cruises but were leaving today to isolate ashore and then Azamara will get them home.   The captain kept Everyone informed and was in regular contact with the couple.  There are a few cabins on deck 4 that Have separate air filtration and glass doors that block the hallway on either side. 

That poor couple! My worst nightmare!

Part of my feeling of security in cruising is frequent testing.  Yes it would be bad for me if I or DW tested positive onboard.  But in the larger sense it is best for everybody to spot Covid cases as early as possible, to prevent further spread.  I am willing to do my part in keeping everyone safe [as I already have with the booster shot and appointments for pre-cruise testing].

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TeaBag said:

That is my worst nightmare too.  I didn't know they tested throughout the cruise.

Before Barbados so we could roam freely thanks to their country. B2B were tested also. Plus flying home. No,I do not want to,go into lockdown in a  tiny cabin but yes want ship safe.

oh heard at dinner someone was positive  at terminal today. One needs to test before flying or at hotel. 

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Before Barbados so we could roam freely thanks to their country. B2B were tested also. Plus flying home. No,I do not want to,go into lockdown in a  tiny cabin but yes want ship safe.

oh heard at dinner someone was positive  at terminal today. One needs to test before flying or at hotel. 

Yes, one person tested positive at the terminal and they and their companion were not allowed to board 🙁