Shareholders Benefit

GeorgesGal

On 12/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, PhD-iva said:

I think the response could be faster if you email a scan of the statement and shareholders benefit form. Email address is at the bottom of the SBF as I recall.

I think you could have better luck if you resubmit via email with a scan of your SB form and statement. You could just take pictures of each if your phone doesn’t offer the scan feature.

I hope this helps.

32 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Still no sign of my shareholder OBC on MyAccount.  12 days till sailing.....

Donna

Although our shareholder OBC didn't show up on My Account, our TA checked and said it had been approved. Why isn't it listed?  Who Knows!

5 minutes ago, tgg said:

Although our shareholder OBC didn't show up on My Account, our TA checked and said it had been approved. Why isn't it listed?  Who Knows!

45 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Still no sign of my shareholder OBC on MyAccount.  12 days till sailing.....

Donn

Ours has not shown up either.   We sail in 11 days.   I received the email after I sent it in saying -  

Greetings,

The NCLH Shareholder Benefit received added and updated invoice has been sent.

Kind regards,

We sailed on the Riviera from Trieste to Miami in Oct/Nov and the credit was on My Account the next day after I emailed them.    We shall see if it shows on our statement in our cabin tv.  

So here's the good and bad news.

Good news: I applied for Shareholder OBC over the weekend and my TA got a new booking confirmation with it today.  Pretty quick in my mind.

Bad news:  It erased the 200 in OBC my TA had given us.  I asked for a new doc with both OBCs and the TA was told it was non-combinable.  I can't use the shareholder OBC when I already have 200 awarded from the TA.  Another O policy that compares unfavorably with =X= and others.  

Stock down a smidge today but up $3 from where I bought it.  I'm selling.

Thanks, all.  I sent a second request with my just received Oct/Dec statement and will see if the OBC turns up when I board on the 14th.

But WAIT! what's with the policy that I can't use shareholder benefit along with TA's OBC?

Never heard of that one!!  If O gives me the SB of $100 (14 day cruise) instead of my TA's  OBC, I'll tell O to keep the SB hundred bucks and reinstate my TA"s more generous OBC.  Anyone know if this can be done?

Donna

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Good news: I applied for Shareholder OBC over the weekend and my TA got a new booking confirmation with it today.  Pretty quick in my mind.

Bad news:  It erased the 200 in OBC my TA had given us.  I asked for a new doc with both OBCs and the TA was told it was non-combinable.  I can't use the shareholder OBC when I already have 200 awarded from the TA.  Another O policy that compares unfavorably with =X= and others.  

Ya know, something just don't sound right there. I would think it's two separate things. If the OBC was coming from your TA one has nothing to do with the other. If it was a pass through from Oceania then what they're saying is maybe feasible. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Ya know, something just don't sound right there. I would think it's two separate things. If the OBC was coming from your TA one has nothing to do with the other. If it was a pass through from Oceania then what they're saying is maybe feasible. 

It was a promotion Oceania had with a group of TAs called Signature Travel.  My TA said she was quite surprised O would not let me have both.  

We too own the stock and applied for the credit.  We are currently sailing on Riviera and this is the email we received from NCLH ShareHolders Benefit @Oceania *****

wording, punctuation, etc are exact as sent

“NCLH shareholder benefit request received.  Unable to benefit to reservation. It is not combinable with promotion in booking

Share Holder Benefit

Not combinable with Onboard savings, Oceania Club Certificate, Business Class Air promotions, Onboard savings, Back to Back Savings, Covert Deals, Consumer Events, Private Sales, Partner of the Month, groups, Key Account Promos, National Account Pro os, OCAPP, NCL Shareholder Benefit,

Regards, 

Share Holder Benefit”

so if you book a cruise while on board, no OBC.   Back to back, no OBC

4 hours ago, marieps said:

Almost sorry to hear I was not alone.  I did get $300 in profit for selling the stock I held for 2 weeks.  So there's that. 

well hopefully you will now get the TA OBC  😉

5 hours ago, marieps said:

Almost sorry to hear I was not alone.  I did get $300 in profit for selling the stock I held for 2 weeks.  So there's that. 

Holding a  stock less than 12 months and its taxed higher rates...  Any way  this can be a wise strategy

36 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Holding a  stock less than 12 months and its taxed higher rates...  Any way  this can be a wise strategy

Higher taxes on only a $300 cap gain don't concern me.  I sold because it's a less wise strategy to hold the stock if I can't get the OBC as an additional dividend (tax free).   BTW, I miss Tigger. 

Edited by marieps

I e-mailed request form & statement 4 days ago. Called Oceania yesterday to check & was told they'd e-mail an update, but nothing came, so called again today & was told decision by this afternoon. Still no e-mail, but my account now shows $250 for my 18 day Tahiti/LA in April (fingers & toes crossed). So, a little over 25% return on shares purchased 3/20.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the Shareholder Benefits.  What does it mean when the website says that the shareholder benefits cannot be combined with any other offer?  What offers are they talking about?  Is it Olife or Oceania Club benefits? 

Thank you for your help.

10 minutes ago, katz said:

I have a question about the Shareholder Benefits.  What does it mean when the website says that the shareholder benefits cannot be combined with any other offer?  What offers are they talking about?  Is it Olife or Oceania Club benefits? 

Thank you for your help.

Can you please link to the website where it says that......we have received Shareholders benefit with other promotions several times- latest was just last NOV on Marina.

7 hours ago, basor said:

Can you please link to the website where it says that......we have received Shareholders benefit with other promotions several times- latest was just last NOV on Marina.

We had $450 on board discount for 2/7/22 and also received $100 shareholder credit. Is this something new? 

It's not new, stated in fine print at the bottom of the benefits page and has nothing to do with O Life. We ran into it years ago when they denied our request saying we had booked (unbeknown to us) under some special rate. After several emails back and forth they gave us most of the OBC.

*Credit is applied on a per stateroom/suite basis.  There can only be one credit per shareholder reservation on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms/ suites and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom/suite booked must be held. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value.  Any unused credit shall be forfeited and is not redeemable  for  cash.  Benefit  is  non-transferable,  excludes  Reduced  Rate  programs  (e.g.  employee  rates,  interline,  friends  /family  rates,  vendor  rates,  cruises  taken  via  cruise  credit  certificate,  or  free  cruises earned  through  Oceania  Cruises  loyalty  benefits),  and  travel  agent  rates,  and  charters.  All  shareholder  benefit  requests  must  be  received  at  least  fifteen  days  prior  to  sailing  date.  The  Shareholder  must  own  the Norwegian  Cruise  Line  Holdings  Ltd.  stock  at  time  of  sailing.  Offer  is  valid  only  for  new  reservations  made  on  or  after  January  7,  2019.  It  may  not  be  used  toward  onboard  service  charges  or  pre-purchased  activities. Government  taxes  and  fees  are  additional.  Norwegian  Cruise  Line,  Oceania  Cruises,  and/or  Regent  Seven  Seas  Cruises  reserve  the  right  to  change  or  withdraw  the  offer  at  any  time  without  notice,  and  are  not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Other terms and conditions may apply. Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises discretion. Other terms, restrictions, and conditions may apply. Not applicable to Chartered Dates and incentive Group  Types. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:16 AM, marieps said:

smart  in order to get line 200 obc    the stock could decline to where you were loosing far more than gain

We purchased our 100 shares on Tuesday and on Thursday sent in form with proof of ownership via email. We received an auto reply that request was received and will be reviewed in order of requests. Hoping to hear this week!

17 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

Good luck with that....I emailed my Shareholder Benefit Request Form on January 8, 2022 and received the auto-reply same day.  I have not gotten anything since then and my cruise is in a couple of weeks.

Call them.  I always call and am told the Shareholder Benefit is showing on my booking and will be in cabin, but not showing in on-line credits.  Tell agent you'd like benefit added so as to have correct amount should you want to make any bookings pre-cruise.  They do it immediately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

Call them.  I always call and am told the Shareholder Benefit is showing on my booking and will be in cabin, but not showing in on-line credits.  Tell agent you'd like benefit added so as to have correct amount should you want to make any bookings pre-cruise.  They do it immediately.

Yes I applied last weekend and the credit showed up Monday.  It may not always show up online based on my experience.

• Like 1