Silhouette Mixology 101 World Class Bar

CharlieCharlieCharlie

Has anyone tried this?  It looks like fun! is it worth the $35 per person fee?  
 Even though on the app it says no reservations, when you arrive, you find out you cannot take the class without reservations. So be sure to get reservations before you go. We reserved for the next one tomorrow. 

Yes, I think it is worth it.  I took the Mixology Class @ The World Class Bar on the Equinox in October.  We booked the class the first day of the cruise while at the World Class Bar since we knew beforehand we wanted to do it.  The bartenders make / show you 4 drinks that are off menu.  Any time during the cruise after class you can ask for those same drinks.  The drinks are full size and are not 'weak' by any means.  They teach you techniques and there are some hands on experiences.   I saw videos a few years ago and it used to be that you went behind the bar to make the drinks but this was not the case in October...but still fun and worth doing.  The bartenders were great and that also is part of the experience.

This was our experience.   I love making and creating cocktails but it's always great to learn new things and it's fun being together.  We all said we will definitely take the class again.

Space is limited. There were 3 afternoon classes during our 9-night sailing. 

Enjoy! 😉

🍹

New York Sour, Tea Time Negroni, Ciroc Eau-De-Vie Collins, Zacapa 23 that they Smoked

20211011_150006.thumb.jpg.d494280a58a3fffa2f912ccbadcb8c32.jpg

20211011_143632.thumb.jpg.677db39363b152be87e5826a61f9205f.jpg

20211011_144755.thumb.jpg.8fb764ae237671ef5e9072a6a71669ee.jpg

20211011_143654.thumb.jpg.e08f4e5f93312895147d73ee64e60f5b.jpg

20211011_142519.thumb.jpg.704f7989ba7ef272c67039522fac4d49.jpg

20211011_145405.thumb.jpg.ce039883a286e00423058756d076f137.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just took the mixology class on the Edge.  The bartender made 4 drinks full size drinks and we got to drink them.  No recipes were given and they weren’t drinks on the menu.  It was a good class but not really what we expected.  

I did it a few years ago.  Learned a little and it was fun.  I had the premium drink pack and really didn’t need the drinks.  There were 6 of them in 1 hour.  

I signed up during the cruise and it was 1/2 off.   The format is up to the BT.  It isn’t set in stone.   There were only 6 of us participating 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We did take the class, and it was a lot of fun!  We didn’t get to go behind the bar, but just had instruction and we observed the process. We definitely participated in the tasting of the 4 drinks - no possible way to have survived upright with 6 drinks. One bartender did not show up, but we had a blast with the one who did. 
It was worth the fee and if offered, we will give it a try again when we sail on an S-class ship again. 
Thanks for the reminder of the recipes, the bartender had to leave and didn’t give them out. We will check back- she had great recipes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did this class on the Equinox in July and really enjoyed it. I took notes for all the recipes on my phone, but we weren't provided anything printed. Mostly I just enjoyed the drinks, talking to the bar tenders, and getting to know the other passengers. I did learn a little about various techniques that I didn't know before, even if I probably won't ever make the specific drinks we were shown.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

We did take the class, and it was a lot of fun!  We didn’t get to go behind the bar, but just had instruction and we observed the process. We definitely participated in the tasting of the 4 drinks - no possible way to have survived upright with 6 drinks. One bartender did not show up, but we had a blast with the one who did. 
It was worth the fee and if offered, we will give it a try again when we sail on an S-class ship again. 
Thanks for the reminder of the recipes, the bartender had to leave and didn’t give them out. We will check back- she had great recipes. 

Alexandra convinced us to do the next one.  So, we are cancelling our 2nd wine tasting and doing the mixology on last sea day.