Princess Transfers from LAX

cr8tiv1

I'm asking for a friend.  Please help me out if you have used a Princess Transfer from LAX to San Pedro or reverse POST pandemic (since October 2021).  They are arriving very early in the morning/day of cruise.  I know they will need to claim their own luggage but Princess will take it from that point forward to your cabin.  I have spoken to the people who handle the transfers (EZ Air/transportation department), but they did not know very much nor couldn't answer my questions.

1.  What is the earliest time Princess will have an agent at the United Airlines terminal?

2.  What time is the earliest pick up from United?  (I've heard 11 AM, but "maybe" 10)

A.  How does transfers from the ship happen?  Do you meet in an assigned area at an assigned time?  Do you go through customs, pick up your luggage, and meet bus outside of terminal?

B.  What time is the earliest bus to LAX?

C.  Do you have to wait until bus is filled before leaving?  Does it leave on time?

D.  Princess says no earlier than 12:30.  What time should you plan on being on the bus if your flight leaves at 1:30?

E.  Can you purchase/cancel transfers while on your cruise?

Does anyone have a reliable private car service that will take you from San Pedro to LAX?

Thank you in advance for your comment and replies.

We arrived very early as well.  Instead of using princess transfers, we used curbside express.  You get a private minivan and picked up curbside instead of having to shuttle to the ride share area.  You pick the time.  Their cost is 65 per van, so with two people it’s pretty much a wash.  More than two people, it’s less expensive.  They are very good, prompt and great drivers. They go both ways. 

Edited by mina
  • Thanks 1

If your friend is on a domestic flight, a Princess Rep will meet them at the baggage claim area. If they have a really early flight, they might have a bit of a wait. 

This is the information on the Travel Summary regarding Princess transfers at LAX:

Los Angeles
TRANSFER: AIRPORT TO SHIP

Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by a Princess Representative. For domestic flight arrivals, you will be met at the luggage claim area. For international flights, you will be met as you exit the secure customs area. Transfer to the pier will begin as soon as the port is ready to receive embarkation guests. If you are arriving prior to this time you may experience some wait time at the airport. Travel time to the pier is about 50 minutes, subject to traffic conditions. If you did not purchase your air travel arrangements from Princess Cruises, then you must provide us with your flight details by 14 days prior to embarkation date by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer. Without this information we cannot guarantee you will be met nor transfer provided.

If you plan to be in Los Angeles prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport locations below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer time to the pier.   Locations: Terminal 1 Baggage Claim   Meeting times: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call (206) 849-6910   Transfers are valid only from LAX Airport   Unused transfers are non-refundable

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

If your friend is on a domestic flight, a Princess Rep will meet them at the baggage claim area. If they have a really early flight, they might have a bit of a wait. 

This is the information on the Travel Summary regarding Princess transfers at LAX:

Los Angeles

Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by a Princess Representative. For domestic flight arrivals, you will be met at the luggage claim area. For international flights, you will be met as you exit the secure customs area. Transfer to the pier will begin as soon as the port is ready to receive embarkation guests. If you are arriving prior to this time you may experience some wait time at the airport. Travel time to the pier is about 50 minutes, subject to traffic conditions. If you did not purchase your air travel arrangements from Princess Cruises, then you must provide us with your flight details by 14 days prior to embarkation date by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer. Without this information we cannot guarantee you will be met nor transfer provided.

If you plan to be in Los Angeles prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport locations below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer time to the pier.   Locations: Terminal 1 Baggage Claim   Meeting times: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call (206) 849-6910   Transfers are valid only from LAX Airport   Unused transfers are non-refundable

Thank you for the passage.  I did read that but it did not answer my concerns.

Locations: Terminal 1 Baggage Claim   Meeting times: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM  

Terminal 1 is for Southwest Airlines.  They are arriving on United/Terminal 6 or 7.  Do they have to drag their bags across the parking lot to meet at Terminal 1?

i am hoping current passengers will have real time information.

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for the passage.  I did read that but it did not answer my concerns.

Locations: Terminal 1 Baggage Claim   Meeting times: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM  

Terminal 1 is for Southwest Airlines.  They are arriving on United/Terminal 6 or 7.  Do they have to drag their bags across the parking lot to meet at Terminal 1?

i am hoping current passengers will have real time information.

No, the Terminal One meeting information is for guests that arrive in LA prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for Princess transfers. Your friend will be met at the United Terminal, provided that Princess has their flight information. 

As far as disembarkation goes, I was on the Majestic in November. You can buy the return transfers on the ship. Our entire ship was empty by 9:30 am, so they would have no worries making a 1:30 pm flight. Princess assigns the transfer times based on the flight times. You will meet in one of the lounges, exit the ship, pick-up your luggage, go through customs, and get on bus. People are there to direct you.  Plenty of private cabs are available as well. 

Edited by partybarbie

15 hours ago, mina said:

We arrived very early as well.  Instead of using princess transfers, we used curbside express.  You get a private minivan and picked up curbside instead of having to shuttle to the ride share area.  You pick the time.  Their cost is 65 per van, so with two people it’s pretty much a wash.  More than two people, it’s less expensive.  They are very good, prompt and great drivers. They go both ways. 

What time is early and were you allowed to enter the cruise terminal early to check in?  We have a flight that arrives at 8 AM and we currently have a Princess transfer booked but am thinking of looking into booking this Curbside Express service.  I'm not a fan of the big busses if I can avoid them.  I guess I would rather spend my time waiting at the cruise terminal than at the airport.  Closer to my cruise ship! 

We took Princess transfer to Majestic in Oct-Nov2021 to the port.  We were met at baggage claim and taken to a waiting area.  After a short wait (to get a full group) maybe 25 minutes, we were taken to the bus parked in front of the terminal (this was on AA).  Our big luggage was loaded on a separate cargo truck next to the bus and some carry on luggage was put in hole of the bus.  The transfer people were not concerned about your arrival time at the pier.  They were in radio contact with the bus so you did not have to wait outside very long for the bus.  We did stop again at another place to pick up more people.  There was not a crowd or any lines when we got to the check in terminal at the pier.  We did not see our larger luggage from the time we left the airport until it arrived in our cabin.  We did retrieve our carry on piece from the bus at the pier.  There were not any lines or problems when we went due to low capacity on board.  Check in was quick.  The transfer staff at the terminal knew what they were doing and were very organized.  We had concerns before taking the transfer because we were earlier than our scheduled time but that was nothing to worry about.  The whole process was painless.  We did it because of rumors about construction and Uber at LAX. We bought our return transfer ($ 34 pp)on the ship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

What time is early and were you allowed to enter the cruise terminal early to check in?  We have a flight that arrives at 8 AM and we currently have a Princess transfer booked but am thinking of looking into booking this Curbside Express service.  I'm not a fan of the big busses if I can avoid them.  I guess I would rather spend my time waiting at the cruise terminal than at the airport.  Closer to my cruise ship! 

Our flight arrived at 7:30 am. On our first cruise, we were on the majestic which was at terminal B92.    They took us to the port where we had to drop off our luggage with the princess folks that were in the baggage area as the porters had not started pick up yet.  Then they dropped us off at Crown Plaza for breakfast at the restaurant and we walked back over {about a half mile}.  Just ask them in your request if they will do that and they probably will, I am sure.  On our majestic cruise, they started processing people around 10 am and people were lined up outside the terminal as the security pass thru is before the waiting area as it is a smaller terminal.  When we went on the grand, we arrived at around 9:30 am and they were already letting people into the terminal waiting area and they started processing people around 10 am.  The grand was at the bigger terminal, B93, where security check occurs after you have completed your check in so we did not have to wait in line outside.  You can go to the World Cruise Center site to see which terminal your ship is scheduled for.  

Our favorite driver is Eric - you can request him.  He is from long beach and has always been very helpful and accommodating.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@SHIP TRAVELER  What time did your flight arrive?  About what time did you reach the pier and check in?  Did you take the transfer back to the airport?  What time?

Thanks for your detailed report.  Appreciated.  

We were on bus at 10:30 AM LA time and on ship at 11:30AM.  Not sure when we actually reached the pier but there was now traffic hang ups (Saturday) and the drive was smooth.  We were unloaded and immediately in the short line inside the big tent like terminal.  We were green line on the app and had our medallions with us for what that is worth. 

Disembarkation day:  We were not in a hurry but we kept our luggage with us (did not put out the night before) because it is easy to roll off.  We had breakfast in dining room then got luggage from cabin and rolled off at 8:35 AM.  We were one the bus to the airport by 9:00 with our luggage in the bus storage area underneath.

We were though security (TSA) and at the gate at 10:00 AM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mina said:

Our flight arrived at 7:30 am. On our first cruise, we were on the majestic which was at terminal B92.    They took us to the port where we had to drop off our luggage with the princess folks that were in the baggage area as the porters had not started pick up yet.  Then they dropped us off at Crown Plaza for breakfast at the restaurant and we walked back over {about a half mile}.  Just ask them in your request if they will do that and they probably will, I am sure.  On our majestic cruise, they started processing people around 10 am and people were lined up outside the terminal as the security pass thru is before the waiting area as it is a smaller terminal.  When we went on the grand, we arrived at around 9:30 am and they were already letting people into the terminal waiting area and they started processing people around 10 am.  The grand was at the bigger terminal, B93, where security check occurs after you have completed your check in so we did not have to wait in line outside.  You can go to the World Cruise Center site to see which terminal your ship is scheduled for.  

Our favorite driver is Eric - you can request him.  He is from long beach and has always been very helpful and accommodating.  

Thanks for all the info!  The half mile walk won't work for us since we will have an elderly person with a walker with us.  We may just have to stick with the Princess transfer for this trip.

23 hours ago, partybarbie said:

Los Angeles

@partybarbiewhere did you find this information? My friend is flying in and using transfers but this is the first time I’ve seen this.  Thank you! 

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Thanks for all the info!  The half mile walk won't work for us since we will have an elderly person with a walker with us.  We may just have to stick with the Princess transfer for this trip.

You can take a taxi from hotel to the ship. The hotel also offers a transfer for $5/person.

19 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

If your flight comes in at 8, you could hang at the airport for an hour and have them pick you up curbside.  Sounds like it would cheaper, if there are three of you, and less stressful.