Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

RevNeal

Thanks Ladybird.

I've had 18 requests for the review since noon today. I suppose I should make a page on my website. I was waiting to add photos to it, but there's GREAT interest in the review.

Which brings up the issue of my photo galleries. I'm not done. It's taking MUCH longer to process photos that I thought it would. I've got about 4400 photos to sort through, and the sorted number for processing is now about 400. It's going to take a little more time.

So ... patience, please.

Oh ok !!! sheesh! (stomping around, kicking and screaming) LOL :p

Poor guy is enjoying his last vacation cruise before he has to start "working" on Saga

Yes, resting up before his many days of hard work aboard the slave ship SAGA RUBY no doubt ;) ...

Lecturing on a cruise ship is my idea of "work" - too bad I'm boring and have no talents ;) !

Incidentally, I see you've booked little Baltic jaunt this summer - must have missed that. I guess you couldn't wait for your next long PRINSENDAM sojurn!

You made a great choice, ROTTERDAM in the Baltic - one of my favorite ships to some of my favorite places. You lucky man, you :) ...

Thanks Ladybird.

Which brings up the issue of my photo galleries. I'm not done.

Just make sure you don't post anything we don't want the whole world to see, lol!!!

I know there are a few incidents that should be classified as "What happened on the Noordam, stays on the Noordam" :D

Just make sure you don't post anything we don't want the whole world to see, lol!!!

I know there are a few incidents that should be classified as "What happened on the Noordam, stays on the Noordam" :D

hahaha awww come on, share the fun LOL

Oh, I trust Janice

It's just these cyber-walls have 'ears'

;)

Got it Vic! ;) Maybe one of you Noordammers can answer this question: During the Black & White Ball, was one of the "door prizes" something called "princess for a night"?

I don't recall the door prize. Was too busy playing wallflower, and hiding from the officers in case they asked me again for a dance.

:D

I don't know! "again" usually means it wasn't the first time; got any pics?

Greg,We really rocked the boat I thought,not to talk of the rough waters we went through going down the coast,and coming back to new york.So many great people and fun to have on a first cruise,here maiden voyage.Thanks to all the wonderful people on the Noordam that made my trip a 10!

Sir Scott,out!

Hey dude

I see you found your way to the board. Welcome to CruiseCritic!

:)

Drop me an email sometime

ParrotheadNJ6436@aol.com

Ummmm ..... dude

You FELL down an escalator???

I was doing a quick scan of previous postings here, and came accross yours again. I had to read it two more times, and it hit me that you weren't kidding.

How did you manage to do that?? Hope you didn't break anything.

Incidentally, I see you've booked little Baltic jaunt this summer - must have missed that. I guess you couldn't wait for your next long PRINSENDAM sojurn!

You made a great choice, ROTTERDAM in the Baltic - one of my favorite ships to some of my favorite places. You lucky man, you :) ...

It seemed like we needed something to fill that big gap before the Halloween-dam cruise and the SA/Antartic cruise... and you keep telling us how great Rotterdam is.... Prinsendam will also be in London the day we board Rotterdam, but at Dover instead of Harwich. The Prinsendam itenerary didn't look as good to us as the Rotterdam, and we do want to try a few of the other HAL ships, and there was still a cabin available, so... why not?:D

Thank you for this review rev. Neal. My wife and I will be travelling on the Noordam May 21st Western Med. Its our first cruise - I have enjoyed reading your posts and reviews from the maidedn voyage - Thanks again

- Martin

Ummmm ..... dude

You FELL down an escalator???

I was doing a quick scan of previous postings here, and came accross yours again. I had to read it two more times, and it hit me that you weren't kidding.

How did you manage to do that?? Hope you didn't break anything.

Yep - fell down the escalator in Penn Station leaving New York too...

(And NO - I wasn't Drinking!!!)

;)

I was hauling my luggage down into the station... (no porters - Ugh)

Tried to get my wheeled suitcase with another on top to get off the escalator, but it was stuck and caused me to fall - then of course the folks behind me had no place to go and they fell too...

...not a pretty scene.

:(

Thankfully, I didn't break anything other than my pride.

I finally got around to reading your review. Thanks for this fine review on the Noordam. My reactions were that HAL must listen to these boards. I remember when the Zuiderdam came out, many complained of this ship for months and months. I was on it for two weeks in that first summer and while I did not agree with many of the complaints, I must admit I was not that fond of the ship. Last summer I was on the OOSTERDAM and I was quite surprised at how much better I liked it. I really enjoyed my stay on the Oosterdam. Now it seems you say they have "saved the best til last." I will look forward to sailing her some day. Thanks for the good reivew.

Himself

Thanks to all for the posts - I hadn't realized that group trips are planned - seems like there is quite a discount when there are alot of CC'ers? Is that true?

The pics are great, stories interesting, thanks for your time!

Seems there are some bad disembarking stories... I find it's always the worst part (mostly 'cause the cruise is over) - I just expect it so that sometimes I am pleasantly surprised!

... seems like there is quite a discount when there are alot of CC'ers? Is that true?
I don't believe the discounts are any better than any good TA could get for you. But there are a few spiffs that are made available ... like logo lanyards and such.

Archived