Equinox B2B January 9-Jan 30, 2022

Cruising is my passion

42 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Does anyone who has been on the Equinox recently have any knowledge of them changing their masking policy and/or if they will continue at reduced capacity after the New Year? 

Unfortunately in these uncertain times any current or past practices are subject to change on a moments notice. No one short of Celebrity themselves would be able to give an accurate answer, and even what they tell you today may not be correct tomorrow.

I realize that everyone is working and planning on this fluid situation. I thoroughly expect there to be changes and will be very surprised if there aren’t any. I was just wondering if recent guests were subject to anything different than what we have been privy to via the website or other news media outlets I.e. RCL changing their masking policy.

With the number of people getting covid going up, Celebrity do something.  They could reduce the time in which you have to have a covid test down to 1 day, they could require a PCR test, they could require everyone to have a booster,  or they could include more masking measures.

As Royal has already tightened up their masking policy, I would expect Celebrity to do the something similar(knowing that Royal already had a masking policy).

Celebrity will respond in some fashion to show they are tightening up the rules.

We are also scheduled for the Jan 9 - Jan 30 B2B.  So looking forward to this trip.  The last couple years have really messed up cruising.  

As long as I am able to board and we leave Port Everglades, I will be a happy camper.  Don't care what ports we stop or don't stop at.  

Reached the point in my life were having a room steward to clean our room and multiple places where someone makes sure food is ready with no bill are more important than snorkeling the next beach. 

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, stoshb said:

We are also scheduled for the Jan 9 - Jan 30 B2B.  So looking forward to this trip.  The last couple years have really messed up cruising.  

As long as I am able to board and we leave Port Everglades, I will be a happy camper.  Don't care what ports we stop or don't stop at.  

We'll be boarding January 30 (hopefully) so don't forget to wave as you depart. We'll be the ones masked up and ready to go, with smiles so big you'll be able to see them through our masks.

Edited by Andrewgary
typo

I realize that everyone is working and planning on this fluid situation. I thoroughly expect there to be changes and will be very surprised if there aren’t any. I was just wondering if recent guests were subject to anything different than what we have been privy to via the website or other news media outlets I.e. RCL changing their masking policy.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:36 PM, Guppy99 said:

Too early to ask regarding January. Things change on a dime.  I'm sailing on the Equinox in a few days. I can let you know what happened while we are on board.

So, for you who are currently onboard Equinox, has the masking policy changed? If not, are you noticing more people choosing to remain in a mask?

On 12/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, Cruising is my passion said:

Does anyone who has been on the Equinox recently have any knowledge of them changing their masking policy and/or if they will continue at reduced capacity after the New Year? 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:36 PM, Guppy99 said:

Too early to ask regarding January. Things change on a dime.  I'm sailing on the Equinox in a few days. I can let you know what happened while we are on board.

I thank you Guppy. I would love to hear how Equinox is. Do you feel safe?  What happens when you get to an Island?  What is it really like on board?  We are back to back beginning January 9th as well

have fun and thank you

I have 5 or 6 3-ply fabric masks that fit my small face better than the n95 or medical mask. I am taking those, and will wash them when needed. We are also taking KN95 and some medical ones. Between the KN95 and medical masks probably about 25, not including my fabric ones.

I would say that if you go off ship wearing a disposable mask, use it only one time. If you are wearing one on board, it should be a clean one, then dispose of it either at the end of the day of each time you go into a public venue.

As of yesterday, per Captain's Club, masks are not being required on board unless you are more comfortable wearing one. Also they stated the ship will be enjoying reduced capacity. We spoke to 2 different Captain's Club Representatives and got the same answer.

3 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I have 5 or 6 3-ply fabric masks that fit my small face better than the n95 or medical mask. I am taking those, and will wash them when needed. We are also taking KN95 and some medical ones. Between the KN95 and medical masks probably about 25, not including my fabric ones.

I would say that if you go off ship wearing a disposable mask, use it only one time. If you are wearing one on board, it should be a clean one, then dispose of it either at the end of the day of each time you go into a public venue.

As of yesterday, per Captain's Club, masks are not being required on board unless you are more comfortable wearing one. Also they stated the ship will be enjoying reduced capacity. We spoke to 2 different Captain's Club Representatives and got the same answer.

I have been on a few Celebrity cruises since the restart and they will provide you a free cloth mask for each of you in your room as well as having surgical masks available when you get off the ship for your shore excursions. I plan to bring a 25 pack of KN95 masks when we are on the Equinox for the second leg of your B2B the 21st-30th! I fully expect indoor masking to be required onboard by then.

• Like 2

I'll be (hopefully) cruising on the Equinox's January 9th sailing. I'm bringing disposable masks. I have kn95s to wear indoors on the ship, along with n95s if I want them. And of course I'll wear the n95 during the flight in the day before and on the flight home. The airport and plane concern me more than the cruise, frankly. 

It's a 12-night sailing, which is a long time for covid to spread noticeably. I figured I'd wear masks inside to avoid having my trip cut short, but to be honest, I won't be surprised if they're required by then. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rookie85 said:

We are also doing the Back to Back Jan 9th thru the 30th. I was wondering if we will have to retest for covid before we start the second half of our back to back?? So excited to sail again!

Yes Celebrity will test you the last full day of your cruise. 

1 hour ago, bluejayway327 said:

I'll be (hopefully) cruising on the Equinox's January 9th sailing. I'm bringing disposable masks. I have kn95s to wear indoors on the ship, along with n95s if I want them. And of course I'll wear the n95 during the flight in the day before and on the flight home. The airport and plane concern me more than the cruise, frankly. 

It's a 12-night sailing, which is a long time for covid to spread noticeably. I figured I'd wear masks inside to avoid having my trip cut short, but to be honest, I won't be surprised if they're required by then. 

We just cancelled this sailing with our TA this morning. Now based on what I've just read, I am concerned we won't be able to book a replacement by May 31, 2022. 

1 minute ago, Loracpin2 said:

We just cancelled this sailing with our TA this morning. Now based on what I've just read, I am concerned we won't be able to book a replacement by May 31, 2022. 

We considered it. The problem is finding the same sailing at a cost that's even remotely comparable. We're in a suite and everything seems to be two or three times more expensive than what we're paying now.

2 minutes ago, bluejayway327 said:

We considered it. The problem is finding the same sailing at a cost that's even remotely comparable. We're in a suite and everything seems to be two or three times more expensive than what we're paying now.

I agree but, even with both vaccines and a booster, we're just not willing to take a chance given the current environment.

2 hours ago, rookie85 said:

We are also doing the Back to Back Jan 9th thru the 30th. I was wondering if we will have to retest for covid before we start the second half of our back to back?? So excited to sail again!

I did a B2B on the Summit on Nov. 13 & 18. I was required to test onboard before the second leg.

• Like 2

We are doing  a Back to Back cruise starting the 9th, after our first cruise will we have to leave the ship and come back on?  Also we are changing our room to Auqua class, will we have to take our lugage with us to move to our new room, or does the staff move it for us? 

On 12/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, rookie85 said:

Yes you will be tested on the ship.  They tested the B2B cruisers early on the morning of the last full day when we were on the Edge.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:22 PM, Loracpin2 said:

You can always book it with a paid deposit and then work on Celebrity to process your FCC for payment.    Or..... You can do what I did once and disputed the amount on my CC.   The credit card issued the credit and celebrity cancelled the FCC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can always book it with a paid deposit and then work on Celebrity to process your FCC for payment.    Or..... You can do what I did once and disputed the amount on my CC.   The credit card issued the credit and celebrity cancelled the FCC.

Thanks for the response. A CSR from our large on-line cruise travel company also recommended rebooking with a deposit and then apply the FCC to the balance to the new sailing. Since the itinerary we are now considering is more money than the one we cancelled, once we receive the FCC the deposit will almost cover the difference. 

• Like 1