Chilled watermelon soup - has anyone encountered it onboard lately?

Sosai X

Ten years back on Serenade of the Seas, a chilled watermelon soup was served, and it was definitely the highlight of that cruise for me.   On Harmony two years back I didn't see it on the menu, but then again we did a lot of specialty dining and were seldom in the MDR.   

So, fellow cruisers, has anyone come across this culinary delight of late?  If so, on what ship, and when?

8 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

Didn’t see it on Navigator of the Seas’ Dinner menu… but they did have “watermelon smoothie” at the windjammer in the morning… taste similar to the watermelon soup… just it was in a glass. 

Frankly, that's how I preferred it; when offered in the Windjammer as a soup, I filled a drink glass with it and went to town.  Thanks for the update!

I asked on board on my recent Jewel and Anthem cruises for the chilled soups - I received them every night on both cruises ( and can confirm that the strawberry one is still delicious!). 

I also got savoury bites!

The watermelon soup was my least favourite!

Edited by little britain

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

I asked on board on my recent Jewel and Anthem cruises for the chilled soups - I received them every night on both cruises ( and can confirm that the strawberry one is still delicious!). 

I bet the strawberry one is amazing as well.   That watermelon one though, it's just perfect.  Little hint of mint to it, almost like what I'd imagine a watermelon mojito might taste like.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Yea, not a fan of watermelon either

Banana Rum was the best

• Like 1

We’re on the Odyssey right now.  We asked our waiter, and lo and behold got the strawberry chilled soup today.  And my kids got seconds 😀!  Our waiter said he’ll make sure we get get chilled soup nightly from here on.  I going to request watermelon thanks to y’all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1