Just returned from Enchanted Princess. Ask any questions

Raymok

On 12/25/2021 at 11:27 AM, Scotto97 said:

Steelers36, can you please answer this question:  How was the Sip and Cover in bars handled? 

It would be very appreciated - Merry Christmas

Just off 20 days on the Enchanted and the primary places where  Princess tried to strongly encourage "

Sip and Cover" were in the main Theater and at the Princess Live venue (especially during game times).  We never saw anyone from Princess actively enforcing the "rule" but many passengers did voluntarily comply while others would drop their masks as soon as they were seated.

As we were leaving the ship last Monday it had already been announced that the onboard protocols would be enhanced for the following few cruises because of the Omicron variant.  How this will impact Sip and Cover (and possible enforcement) remains to be seen but we saw no evidence that Princess employees have any interest in acting as COVID Police.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

we saw no evidence that Princess employees have any interest in acting as COVID Police.

Possibly because of retaliation by some folks in the form of a nasty report. It's easier to just turn your head & see nothing than make enemies by trying to do the right thing. 

3 hours ago, big al said:

Great, thanks! Do you remember what night of the cruise was the last formal night? Day 8, 9 or last night of the cruise? I am trying to book my specialty dining & want to make sure we don't book lobster night in a specialty venue...thanks for your tips, too!!

Big Al

We had two at sea days at the end of the cruise and the formal night was on the first of those at sea days.  Formal nights are shown on attached copy of the Patter.

IMG_20211226_0001.pdf

Edited by kitty2264
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 5:48 AM, hllwdcruiser said:

Can you elaborate? What did you order and what did you find wrong with it? We looked at the menu when we were on the Sky and it didn't speak to us enough fo pay an uncharge. We were contemplating trying it this time but we may give it a hard pass again.

The first problem was that it was our free dinner, and they wouldn't give it to us any earlier than 8:15.  We never eat that late.  But, we decided to go ahead and do it.  The dishes just weren't that good.  We were anticipating a great meal after looking over the menu, but it was just "meh."

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, calval said:

We were on the Dec 10 sailing. Also the Grand in October. We felt both times the Princess Theater music was so loud it drowned out the vocalist. Anyone else think that?

I can't comment for every Princess ship but it's typical for every one we've been on. I've read comments from people who have even brought a sound meter to measure it. 

They won't change their way of doing things. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:27 AM, Scotto97 said:

Steelers36, can you please answer this question:  How was the Sip and Cover in bars handled? 

It would be very appreciated - Merry Christmas

Sorry, I"ve been lax this week in answering. We went to most bars and once you were seated almost everyone took off there masks and left them off the whole time they were drinking 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Raymok said:

Sorry, I"ve been lax this week in answering. We went to most bars and once you were seated almost everyone took off there masks and left them off the whole time they were drinking 

Is the Vista lounge considered a lounge with a bar or treated like the main show lounge? (sip and cover)

22 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

Thanks for answering questions!  Wondering if you talked with anyone in an aft cabin, and if they had soot issues?

We were in an aft penthouse suite on the Dec 10 sailing and there were a couple of days where the the soot/ash was noticeable on the railing and decking. Our balcony (Baja deck) had a larger overhang so it really did not get on our deck furniture too much. There were a couple of days where the room stewards were doing a thorough cleaning of the aft balconies. There were several days where it was very windy at sea, with gusts of 30-40 knots at times, and I think that helped to push the soot down onto the aft balconies. Definitely not a deal breaker if we were ever upgraded again to one of the these suites.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Is the Vista lounge considered a lounge with a bar or treated like the main show lounge? (sip and cover)

Vista was treated like an Entertainment venue (like the Theater or Princess Live) moreso than a bar. It was specifically mentioned in the announcements related to sip and cover 

1 hour ago, big al said:

What about in the Princess theater - can you bring drinks in, and sip them w/o masks, or is the sip & cover enforced? Thanks for all your tips!!

Big Al

Yes you can bring a drink in. The expectation is sip and cover in the theater. It will be announced a few times prior to the show.  Of course enforcement is nearly impossible during a show,  especially a production show. They have to rely on people to do the right thing. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:44 AM, MissP22 said:

How was the food at the Lido? 

We sailed 12/10-12/20. Had breakfast daily at Lido & felt the food, especially eggs & omelets, was excellent. Pancakes looked unappetizing & didn't try. Smoked salmon was offered every day as was the blueberry muffins I prefer. Bagels & toast was properly browned & hot. The service was outstanding- Princess has this extremely well organized.

Lunch selections didn't appeal to my taste (typical fare offered) & I ate at International or Gigi's Italian for a daily light bite to hold for dinner in the main dining room.

As and aside, don't bother with lobster tails or filet minion  at Crown Grill as both were offered in the dining room on the last 2 nights. Their other entrees were VG, as usual.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, big al said:

Great, thanks! Do you remember what night of the cruise was the last formal night? Day 8, 9 or last night of the cruise? I am trying to book my specialty dining & want to make sure we don't book lobster night in a specialty venue...thanks for your tips, too!!

Big Al

You are never going to have Formal Night on either first or last night.  Second formal will be second last night if at all possible (pretty much guaranteed if a Sea Day).  First formal night will be second night out if at all possible (guaranteed if a Sea Day).

You should pretty much count on the lobster appearing for the second formal night - not the first.  If you have 3 or more, well I am not sure when they might bring it out. 

• Like 1