Just returned from Enchanted Princess. Ask any questions

Raymok

Hi...We just returned from the December 10-20 sailing. We had a great cruise. The ship was only at 50% capacity. We were able to purchase a great up sale on the cruise from a standard balcony to the Club Class Mini Suite.... We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina prior to sailing. Ask any questions, and I'll try and answer them

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rcp6146 said:

Does Princess still offer E-Z check for departures? We always love having our luggage picked up the last night of the cruise and not seeing it again until our home airport!

We did not use E-Z check but don't remember seeing anything about its availability.

1 hour ago, Raymok said:

Hi...We just returned from the December 10-20 sailing. We had a great cruise. The ship was only at 50% capacity. We were able to purchase a great up sale on the cruise from a standard balcony to the Club Class Mini Suite.... We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina prior to sailing. Ask any questions, and I'll try and answer them

Did you purchase the upgrad when you boarded the ship.  I'll be on the January 19th cruise and I have a balcony cabin and would definitely consider upgrading to mini suite for the right price

3 minutes ago, gerig said:

Did you purchase the upgrad when you boarded the ship.  I'll be on the January 19th cruise and I have a balcony cabin and would definitely consider upgrading to mini suite for the right price

As soon as we boarded we went to Guest Services and initially requested a free upgrade which they denied. However, on day 2 they contacted us with an offer. They offered us an upgrade to an M1 club class mini suite for $30 per day or a Penthouse Suite for $60 additional per day.  We chose the M1 club class mini. Someone on the previous sailing posted they were upgraded for $25 per day for a mini. 

3 minutes ago, Raymok said:

As soon as we boarded we went to Guest Services and initially requested a free upgrade which they denied. However, on day 2 they contacted us with an offer. They offered us an upgrade to an M1 club class mini suite for $30 per day or a Penthouse Suite for $60 additional per day.  We chose the M1 club class mini. Someone on the previous sailing posted they were upgraded for $25 per day for a mini. 

Not sure what the occupany will be on my cruise because with the new virus it may still be low.  Was that per person or $30 per person per day?

41 minutes ago, southerngirlllikestotrave said:

How was the food? We are booked to cruise next summer in a mini suite and wonder if you suggest any advantage to club class.

We thought the food was good (although food is so subjective with each person). We used the club class section of the dining room for breakfast and there was not difference in menus. For dinner we chose to eat in Santorini dining room, it had just opened that sailing (not told to anyone) it was being used as 3rd dining room for overflow from Capri dining room. We ate early and had the entire dining room practically to ourselves and we had the best waiters from Bali. Very little meat selections the first several days and no longer a standard steak on daily menu

Did you notice if they offered the Winemaker's dinner?

Did you try Bistro Sur Le Mer? Did you eat at CG or Sabatini's?

I have been particularly uninspired by the recent MDR menus.

We've given up on specialty dining over the years after some disappointing meals but are rethinking that strategy for our upcoming cruise.

The one and only time we tried the Winemakers was on the Sky and it was amazing. We actually much preferred it to the Chef's Table. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Definitely detecting some Steelers gear there even though the photo is tiny.  😉

Yes, lifelong Steelers fans...  It was great to watch the Steelers and Titans game on the ship's outdoor screen

• Like 2

Just now, hllwdcruiser said:

Did you notice if they offered the Winemaker's dinner?

Did you try Bistro Sur Le Mer? Did you eat at CG or Sabatini's?

I have been particularly uninspired by the recent MDR menus.

We've given up on specialty dining over the years after some disappointing meals but are rethinking that strategy for our upcoming cruise.

The one and only time we tried the Winemakers was on the Sky and it was amazing. We actually much preferred it to the Chef's Table. 

Did not notice if they offered the Winemakers dinner but I'll look thru the daily schedule

We did go to the Crown Grill and the meal was excellent. We tried twice to get into Sabatini's but didn't have reservations as they were booked solid. 

The service in the MDR was great but as you stated the menus were uninspired

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sunsetme said:

Did you take any of the cruise ship excursions? Were you able to DIY in any of the ports

We took the ships excursion in St Lucia (island required bubble tours) and it was fine

We were able to DIY in all ports EXCEPT Barbados and St. Lucia

• Thanks 1

Good review & answers..did you go to any of the shows? I am interested in knowing what time the shows were..were there 2 show times a night & what times were they? We are trying to make dining reservations for our 2/28 Enchanted cruise and need show times so not to interfere w/ dinner...Thanks!! 😁

Big Al 

51 minutes ago, big al said:

Good review & answers..did you go to any of the shows? I am interested in knowing what time the shows were..were there 2 show times a night & what times were they? We are trying to make dining reservations for our 2/28 Enchanted cruise and need show times so not to interfere w/ dinner...Thanks!! 😁

Big Al 

We were on the cruise as well.  All the evening shows were at 6:30 & 8:30.  With the light occupancy, we were able to show up at showtime and there were plenty of seats available.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raymok said:

Did not notice if they offered the Winemakers dinner but I'll look thru the daily schedule

We did go to the Crown Grill and the meal was excellent. We tried twice to get into Sabatini's but didn't have reservations as they were booked solid. 

The service in the MDR was great but as you stated the menus were uninspired

We tried the Bistro Sur Le Mer and was very impressed both with the food and the presentation.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Raymok said:

We did not use E-Z check but don't remember seeing anything about its availability.

We asked the Concierge about EZ Check.  He told us that post pandemic, they were not allowed to have an outside contractor handle our luggage and therefore, EZ Check was not available at this time.

4 hours ago, Raymok said:

Food is so subjective.. But food in Lido was fine and service was great

Of course but I was just wondering if they had a major cutback in the quality of meat/selections due to price increases or if the food was served cold. Things like that.