Just returned from Enchanted Princess. Ask any questions

Raymok

Thank you so much for offering to answer questions. 

How was the Sip and Cover in bars handled? 

Was there an opportunity to dance on the ship? 

How about the piano bar? 

Since you were on a 10-day sailing, were you tested for Covid during the sailing?

Was social distancing practiced around the pool?

Did most guests abey the Covid restrictions?

We are sailing on the Enchanted at the end of January.  I value your feedback.

We are on Dec 30 for NYE.  Wonder what they will do for social distancing if they do a balloon drop - obviously masks on.

With regard to menus, I too have thought they looked much like the ones before the shutdown.  I am thinking not knowing what the start up and capacity would be like, it was better to stay with the “known” vs starting back up with an entire new menu offerings.

But I am sure getting all the provision suppliers back up and going has also caused some logistic issues.

Will just be happy to be back on a cruise ship after 2 years — and I can take a break from cooking. 😂

1 hour ago, gardenbunny said:

We are on Dec 30 for NYE.  Wonder what they will do for social distancing if they do a balloon drop - obviously masks on.

Will just be happy to be back on a cruise ship after 2 years — and I can take a break from cooking. 😂

FYI Princess stopped balloons before Covid for environmental reasons.   The FAQ on the website suggests reduced large gatherings so maybe only a deck party?   

Us too - hoping to cruise Jan 19 on Enchanted. 

-------

Thanks everyone for the great info!    

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

Was social distancing practiced around the pool?

My question is, as the ship gets more filled & I'm sitting on a lounger by the pool with my husband & someone decides they want to sit next to us, does the mask rule then take precedence? 

I hope not. 

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Of course but I was just wondering if they had a major cutback in the quality of meat/selections due to price increases or if the food was served cold. Things like that.

They did not offer as many meat selections, but the ones they did we of good quality. Never had a problem with food being served cold. We ate the majority of our meals in the Santorini dining room on deck 5 and enjoyed the waiters and very few passengers using that dining room

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

My question is, as the ship gets more filled & I'm sitting on a lounger by the pool with my husband & someone decides they want to sit next to us, does the mask rule then take precedence? 

I hope not. 

There were times that the pool deck was filled and there were no social distancing guidelines and no one was wearing a mask (outside) 

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Of course but I was just wondering if they had a major cutback in the quality of meat/selections due to price increases or if the food was served cold. Things like that.

I am someone who typically likes the buffet...a salad and a little of this and that. On 11/30 Enchanted I did feel there were fewer choices and we did find a few things cold  (hashbrowns cold and hard as a rock one morning). I am a picky eater and I was not finding alot, but thats just me. We had salads made at lunch,  and often took them out to eat on deck with Lido grill fare (street taco, pulled pork, burgers) to go with the salad.  Breakfast omelettes were really pretty good. We certainly didnt starve!  Pizza at Gigis was good, as was IC. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

9 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am someone who typically likes the buffet...a salad and a little of this and that. On 11/30 Enchanted I did feel there were fewer choices and we did find a few things cold  (hashbrowns cold and hard as a rock one morning). I am a picky eater and I was not finding alot, but thats just me. We had salads made at lunch,  and often took them out to eat on deck with Lido grill fare (street taco, pulled pork, burgers) to go with the salad.  Breakfast omelettes were really pretty good. We certainly didnt starve!  Pizza at Gigis was good, as was IC. 

We've only been on one Princess ship (Caribbean Princess) that had the World Fresh Market & had many dislikes about it such as precut selections of meats, cold desserts which should have been hot, limited salad bar, poor selection of premade sandwiches, etc.

I though by now they would have the layout/procedures down pat. 

As you say, no one starved but it did drive us to the DR on many occasions when the buffet is usually sufficient. 

At least the Enchanted has Gigi's as a backup. 

16 hours ago, big al said:

Good review & answers..did you go to any of the shows? I am interested in knowing what time the shows were..were there 2 show times a night & what times were they? We are trying to make dining reservations for our 2/28 Enchanted cruise and need show times so not to interfere w/ dinner...Thanks!! 😁

Big Al 

Merry Christmas and shows were at 6:30 and 8:30 nightly

9 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Thanks for the review.

We are at the same hotel on Jan 8.  Any special comments on it would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas and we were in room 11222 at the Hilton. (attached, is the view from our room looking at the Enchanted morning of cruise) They left us check in early at noon. several restaurants within walking distance. No indoor dining or bar, both are located outside in the courtyard

DSC01812.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Laurie S. said:

We did the Bistro Sur Le Mer on our November 30th cruise.  It was our free dinner.  We were not impressed at all.

Can you elaborate? What did you order and what did you find wrong with it? We looked at the menu when we were on the Sky and it didn't speak to us enough fo pay an uncharge. We were contemplating trying it this time but we may give it a hard pass again.

19 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

We asked the Concierge about EZ Check.  He told us that post pandemic, they were not allowed to have an outside contractor handle our luggage and therefore, EZ Check was not available at this time.

It sounds like he made up an answer to fit the current situation. EZ Check is not currently being offered in Fort Lauderdale, but it's not because an outside contractor can't handle luggage. Port Valet, the similar but free service, was available in Seattle when I cruised in August. 

5 hours ago, Raymok said:

Merry Christmas and we were in room 11222 at the Hilton. (attached, is the view from our room looking at the Enchanted morning of cruise) They left us check in early at noon. several restaurants within walking distance. No indoor dining or bar, both are located outside in the courtyard

DSC01812.JPG

We stayed here in Nov pre-cruise on the same floor. Would recommend the hotel. The all outdoor dining - breakfast under a tent in the courtyard - was a bit unusual but it worked ok. Seem they are doing some remodeling so I am guessing thats temporary.  They have many tables and chairs around the pool area and you can have lunch/dinner. Water  taxi is a short walk own the marina path, and you can walk to Walgreens or a few grocery stores if you need anything pre-cruise. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

11 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Steelers36, can you please answer this question:  How was the Sip and Cover in bars handled? 

It would be very appreciated - Merry Christmas

Just happened to notice this.  I have not been cruising this year - hopefully someone on this ship can answer you.  From many reports, people with drinks had the masks off - not sure all are covering up between sips.  I wouldn't know how many are having a drink handy so masks can be lowered.

May I offer a tip about the tagging feature?  Type the "@" symbol first and then immediately start typing the CC Member handle name.  A drop down list should appear of matching member handles.  As you keep typing more letters, the list will narrow down in length.  When you see the one you want, click on it (don't just keep typing the full name and hit the space bat - you need to click on the correct name).  What will happen is you get this result:  @Steelers36.  When you see the blue highlight, you have tagged that member and they will receive a notice from CC that someone has tagged them and have a direct link to the post.

19 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Steelers36, can you please answer this question:  How was the Sip and Cover in bars handled? 

It would be very appreciated - Merry Christmas

If this helps, on the 11.30 sailing my observation was that in the bars and Piazza area (Good Spirits,  Internatonal Cafe, Gelato) most who were SEATED with drinks (or food) were not sipping and covering. Nearly everyone wore a mask when not seated/walking inside although there were people dancing in the Piazza and Take 5 w/o masks.  In the entertainment venues (Theatre, Princess Live) there seemed to be more compliance with sip and cover, at least in with those seated around me.  We did not spend time in the  Vista Lounge but sip and cover was the expectation. Omicron has moved front and center and  how things are   going now or will be  in January may differ from the experience a month ago. Enjoy your cruise. Enchanted is a beautiful ship!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, geoherb said:

It sounds like he made up an answer to fit the current situation. EZ Check is not currently being offered in Fort Lauderdale, but it's not because an outside contractor can't handle luggage. Port Valet, the similar but free service, was available in Seattle when I cruised in August. 

So what is the real reason it wasn't available to us in December at Ft. Lauderdale.

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

If this helps, on the 11.30 sailing my observation was that in the bars and Piazza area (Good Spirits,  Internatonal Cafe, Gelato) most who were SEATED with drinks (or food) were not sipping and covering. Nearly everyone wore a mask when not seated/walking inside although there were people dancing in the Piazza and Take 5 w/o masks.  In the entertainment venues (Theatre, Princess Live) there seemed to be more compliance with sip and cover, at least in with those seated around me.  We did not spend time in the  Vista Lounge but sip and cover was the expectation. Omicron has moved front and center and  how things are   going now or will be  in January may differ from the experience a month ago. Enjoy your cruise. Enchanted is a beautiful ship!

Pretty much as I expected to hear. The covering up after sipping or eating can only be carried so far.

We were also onboard…lobster night was last formal night. We all requested second and they came quickly with a smile..and then we’re asked if we wanted a third. Would also like to add…we thought the Cruise Director and staff were the best we’ve ever experienced. We haven’t laughed that hard in quite awhile. Do not miss Hollywood Hiccups, the crowd loved it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MarcsSharon said:

We were also onboard…lobster night was last formal night. We all requested second and they came quickly with a smile..and then we’re asked if we wanted a third. Would also like to add…we thought the Cruise Director and staff were the best we’ve ever experienced. We haven’t laughed that hard in quite awhile. Do not miss Hollywood Hiccups, the crowd loved it. 

Great, thanks! Do you remember what night of the cruise was the last formal night? Day 8, 9 or last night of the cruise? I am trying to book my specialty dining & want to make sure we don't book lobster night in a specialty venue...thanks for your tips, too!!

Big Al