Updated Seven Seas Society Counts

mrlevin

Here are updated SSS count updates; realizing that people keep cruising and dying.

Total worldwide SSS - approx 380,000

Bronze - approx 275,000

Silver - approx 90,300

Gold - approx 16,300

Platinum - approx 2,620

Titanium - approx 690

Diamond - 36

Commuodore - 5

Marc

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Here are updated SSS count updates; realizing that people keep cruising and dying.

Bronze - approx 275,000

Silver - approx 90,300

Gold - approx 16,300

Platinum - approx 2,620

Titanium - approx 690

Diamond - 36

Commuodore - 5

Marc

I don't understand your point.  How many SSS cruisers have DIED while cruising on Regent Seven Seas since the pandemic??  Or even how many cruisers from all cruise lines have died onboard since cruising has restarted.

I just got off a 13 day cruise where one person was diagnosed with Covid. They were quarantined even though they showed no symptoms the entire cruise.  Nobody else of about 400 passengers were infected.  No one died!

I find your comment inflammatory.

• Like 2

Geeze--

lighten up a little bit Chuckie. The numbers posted by MrLevin are simply a snapshot in time.  The point is there are constant changes to the numbers due to cruising by new and previous guests, and yes, by prior guests dying.  Nothing inflammatory at all, simply a statement of fact.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Geeze--

lighten up a little bit Chuckie. The numbers posted by MrLevin are simply a snapshot in time.  The point is there are constant changes to the numbers due to cruising by new and previous guests, and yes, by prior guests dying.  Nothing inflammatory at all, simply a statement of fact.

wcsdkqhie, It's not the number of SSS but the statement "of fact" that "people are cruising and dying."  I read of a 77-year-old woman died from COVID-19 after testing positive while sailing on a Carnival cruise to Belize in August.  Where are all the other deaths since cruising resumed this year?  Besides what does it have to do with how many people are SSS members?  I don't see the correlation.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

The comment on dying s I see it is that for the most point SSS nights are not inheritable.  I will admit that I received credit for a cruise my father took prior to his death   in 2004, but that is due to having the same name and problems when they began officially counting nights.  The discussion has nothing to do with dying on a hip it is just that many of the SSS members are moving on with age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

wcsdkqhie, It's not the number of SSS but the statement "of fact" that "people are cruising and dying."  I read of a 77-year-old woman died from COVID-19 after testing positive while sailing on a Carnival cruise to Belize in August.  Where are all the other deaths since cruising resumed this year?  Besides what does it have to do with how many people are SSS members?  I don't see the correlation.

You know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... not all comments refer to COVID!!! Lighten up

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

All I wanted to say is that the numbers change every day (plus (cruisers sailing more nights) or minus (by dying) so please don't criticize me if the numbers are slightly different on your future cruise.

Thanks to all who understood my point.

Marc

• Thanks 2

On 12/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, mrlevin said:

Bronze - approx 275,000

Silver - approx 90,300

Gold - approx 16,300

Platinum - approx 2,620

Titanium - approx 690

Diamond - 36

Commuodore - 5

Marc

Thanks, Marc, for an interesting snapshot.  One possible interpretation—to be corrected by others:

—Bronze members are by far the largest group within the Seven Seas’ Society rank.  Only about one-third of them go onto become Silver.  So two-thirds of cruisers new to Regent never return?

29 minutes ago, loriva said:

—Bronze members are by far the largest group within the Seven Seas’ Society rank.  Only about one-third of them go onto become Silver.  So two-thirds of cruisers new to Regent never return?

Or, there have been lots of new cruisers that have yet to take their second cruise.  Likely some of both.

• Like 1

On my early cruises with Radisson Seven Seas the SSS membership was so small they held the Society reception in a conference room with all the caviar and champagne you could hold and attended by the captain and other senior officers who hung around to chat.  Things have certainly changed over the years.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, hvsteve1 said:

On my early cruises with Radisson Seven Seas the SSS membership was so small they held the Society reception in a conference room with all the caviar and champagne you could hold and attended by the captain and other senior officers who hung around to chat.  Things have certainly changed over the years.

Yep, that's for sure!

On 12/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, loriva said:

Thanks, Marc, for an interesting snapshot.  One possible interpretation—to be corrected by others:

Not correcting, just trying to understand the logical leap there.  How did you come to that conclusion?

On 12/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, journeyfan said:

I don't know what point mrlevin is trying to make but I enjoyed looking at the breakdowns.  I'm Platimum and didn't realize I was in such a select  category.  And I had 4 cruises cancelled due to Covid.  Otherwise I'd be Titanium   

We're in exactly the same situation! I enjoyed seeing the stats - thanks Marc.