Binax self test qurstions

Scubadoc

9 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I have the navica app on my phone, but I always do the testing using my computer.  I go to the eMed site, using the computer,  to start testing, and the site prompts me to sign into their site using my navica login and password.  The results get sent to me via email, and also to the navica app.

That’s great!  Thanks for that tip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

When I read the instructions online

it says you have to download the Navica

app on your mobile phone or ipad.

I don’t see how you could do it on a PC?

That was my question too.

Anyone know?

9 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I have the navica app on my phone, but I always do the testing using my computer.

And if the person does not own a smart phone?

14 hours ago, kjg46 said:

when it comes to the testing process, I plan on using the Web cam on my desktop computer. Has anyone had experience using the device? Do most folks use tablets or iPhone  for the testing observation.(plus/minus) Appreciate your comments.

I used a laptop and its included camera and microphone for both of my tests.  I haven't heard of anyone using a desktop for testing, though I don't see any reason why it can't work - as long as there's a microphone attached somewhere.  

My read is that laptops and cell phones are roughly equal in use, with tablets well behind.  I think a laptop makes manipulating the camera relatively easy, and you'll have to move that camera some in order to complete the test.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

And if the person does not own a smart phone?

I would expect the phone app is just a portal to the Navica server(s) and may not be needed.  To support this, when accessing the emed site to start testing there are 2 options.  "Login with Navica" and "Create Navica Account".  I'll test this theory in the next week or so when I set up accounts for extended family on our March cruise.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I would expect the phone app is just a portal to the Navica server(s) and may not be needed.  To support this, when accessing the emed site to start testing there are 2 options.  "Login with Navica" and "Create Navica Account".  I'll test this theory in the next week or so when I set up accounts for extended family on our March cruise.

I'd agree.  without a smartphone/tablet, on a laptop/PC it just runs through the website itself.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 8:02 PM, PMGS247 said:

I'd agree.  without a smartphone/tablet, on a laptop/PC it just runs through the website itself.

Has anyone used an iphone, which has been updated to IOS 15.2?

Have read posts that if you’ve updated, you may have problems using this test.

Anyone recently tried it?

TIA

40 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Has anyone used an iphone, which has been updated to IOS 15.2?

Have read posts that if you’ve updated, you may have problems using this test.

Anyone recently tried it?

TIA

Just experienced this issue when we tested on 12/27.  I had read on CC that people were having problems if using a device on IOS 15.2. Apparently, Navica was aware of the problem and were working on a fix.  After my husband’s failed attempts using his iPad (with 15.2), I remembered the issue.  He switched to his phone (14.something) and viola!  Success!!  It was a stressful few minutes!

My husband said there is probably an issue with camera control if using 15.2.  Guess Navica is still working on the issue.  

6 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Just experienced this issue when we tested on 12/27.  I had read on CC that people were having problems if using a device on IOS 15.2. Apparently, Navica was aware of the problem and were working on a fix.  After my husband’s failed attempts using his iPad (with 15.2), I remembered the issue.  He switched to his phone (14.something) and viola!  Success!!  It was a stressful few minutes!

My husband said there is probably an issue with camera control if using 15.2.  Guess Navica is still working on the issue.  

Thank you for the reply.  

5 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Yes.

It’s a new session for each person.

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If four of us are taking the test at the same time do we each need to create a separate Navica account and log on separately?

Oh Wait. If minors are involved I think that changes into a new session but under an adult account.