Vista delayed returning to Galveston due to weather conditions.

pokerguy90

24 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

At 7am the Captain announced due to temporary port closure due to inclement weather in Galveston the ship will be delayed returning to port.  No time was given about expected time of arrival yet. 

I'm waiting to get on her! Hope the fog lifts soon! 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Sailing out of Galveston Feb with a 3:45 flight time 😃

We have a 5PM flight, which I was kind of regretting, but it can take 2 hours to get to IAH and Galveston has fog issues in the winter, so maybe we are better off with a later flight.  Have to decide between one of the limo shuttles or an uber/lyft.  If there is a delay in disembarkation I wonder which method will be less chaotic.

Appears as though the fog is starting to lift according to the webcam.  Disney Wonder is now headed into port and will be followed by the Vista.  Galveston and similarly Houston particularly HOU is impacted by fog quite frequently this time of year causing delays.   IAH being on the far north side of Houston is less impacted by fog issues.  

23 hours ago, satx78205 said:

My last Carnival cruise from Galveston was also delayed. I remember at least one time the ship didn’t come in until the next day. This was several years ago. 

May have been the same one we were on. What a mess, first everyone lined up in the halls with their luggage, then back to cabins, then the next day getting off the ship. Felt sorry for the people that were waiting to get on, they had to find places to spend the night, couldn't park their cars until we were all off the ship and left the lots. The only good thing was that one extra day put us in Platinum category!

Booked on the Dream tomorrow - hope it's windy enough to blow away the fog  🤠

And a VIQ (Very Important Question): Is the terminal building heated? We drove down from Minnesota, so we've got plenty of warm clothing - clothing we did not intend to bring with us on the cruise. Our boarding passes are for the 10-10:30 time slot, but we've never boarded a cruise ship before 11:30. If I know we're goig to have to sit in an unheated terminal building for an hour or more, we might have to reconsider our attire

1 hour ago, YangtzeCruiser said:

And a VIQ (Very Important Question): Is the terminal building heated? We drove down from Minnesota, so we've got plenty of warm clothing - clothing we did not intend to bring with us on the cruise. Our boarding passes are for the 10-10:30 time slot, but we've never boarded a cruise ship before 11:30. If I know we're goig to have to sit in an unheated terminal building for an hour or more, we might have to reconsider our attire

Terminal building has AC/heat.  You'll be comfy - Just have all of your docs in hand for smoother boarding.  I see so many people who wait until they get to the first terminal rep to start digging out their paperwork.  Have a great time!😃

On 12/31/2021 at 10:52 AM, nycruise1 said:

We have a 5PM flight, which I was kind of regretting, but it can take 2 hours to get to IAH and Galveston has fog issues in the winter, so maybe we are better off with a later flight.  Have to decide between one of the limo shuttles or an uber/lyft.  If there is a delay in disembarkation I wonder which method will be less chaotic.

I'm new to Uber, used it in Miami last week. Wanted an Uber XL from POM to FLL. Had taken a Flix bus from FLL to Downtown Miami but wasn't seeing good times/prices for return. Uber surge pricing quoted $166 for XL to FLL in the crush of guests coming off. That dropped down quickly and I ended up confirming for $76 and change. We had hours to spare so no way would I pay surge pricing.

2 hours ago, YangtzeCruiser said:

just to let you know, our 40-50's with wind might feel colder than yours same temp  in Mn.

31 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

just to let you know, our 40-50's with wind might feel colder than yours same temp  in Mn.

I'm ready for it. Wind breaker, light sweatshirt, down vest, t-shirt, and turtleneck shirt for upper body layers

Edit: with my flannel shirt in reserve

Edited by YangtzeCruiser