Diamond + Drink Vouchers?

The D, D+, P drink vouchers are a loyalty perk.  I don't think the "intention" was to give them willy nilly to non-Diamond and above pax, although I'm sure from reading posts here that it is done.  Has anyone seen it in writing or is it just overlooked?   Additionally, if you do not use the "perk" because you have the beverage package, why should Royal give them to you to hand out to whomever.  It doesn't make good financial sense to the bean counters over the lost revenue.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

@Auntiemomo Because I earned them, and because it'll make all sorts of financial sense when I cancel my drink package if they don't let me use a voucher to buy a drink for a friend.

Yes, YOU earned them, and they are for YOU.  Why can't your friends buy their own drinks?  Just saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

The D, D+, P drink vouchers are a loyalty perk.  I don't think the "intention" was to give them willy nilly to non-Diamond and above pax, although I'm sure from reading posts here that it is done.  Has anyone seen it in writing or is it just overlooked?   Additionally, if you do not use the "perk" because you have the beverage package, why should Royal give them to you to hand out to whomever.  It doesn't make good financial sense to the bean counters over the lost revenue.  

Nowhere in the letter you receive on boarding day does it say you can't share them.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it basically says you are free to use them as you want, but as I said we didn't keep our letter from our Nov/Dec b2b on HOTS.  I used DH's sometimes as he just put it on his card or a couple of times when I ran out.  It's not an issue.

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Yes, YOU earned them, and they are for YOU.  Why can't your friends buy their own drinks?  Just saying.

How much does the Devil pay you to be his advocate (and is he still hiring)?

I guess a way to find out for sure is to ask the bartender if your vouchers still show up on your account when he swipes it for your DX pkg. 

Also, for dear Auntiemomo, it’s been a well established fact for some time that D drinks can be given to anyone. 

17 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

How much does the Devil pay you to be his advocate (and is he still hiring)?

You never answered the question, just responded with a slur.  I understand this is cruise critic. 😉

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I guess a way to find out for sure is to ask the bartender if your vouchers still show up on your account when he swipes it for your DX pkg. 

Also, for dear Auntiemomo, it’s been a well established fact for some time that D drinks can be given to anyone. 

I know D drinks can be given to anyone, but is it right?  Same for a drink from the Beverage package can be given to anyone, but is it right?  Yeah, I know, everybody does it.  😉

If your D & D+ internet days go away if you have the internet package, it would only make sense that the 4 or 5 free drinks would go away if you had the deluxe beverage package.

12 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

You never answered the question, just responded with a slur.  I understand this is cruise critic. 😉

I know D drinks can be given to anyone, but is it right?  Same for a drink from the Beverage package can be given to anyone, but is it right?  Yeah, I know, everybody does it.  😉

If your D & D+ internet days go away if you have the internet package, it would only make sense that the 4 or 5 free drinks would go away if you had the deluxe beverage package.

Did you even see the thread I posted?

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

@Auntiemomo Because I earned them, and because it'll make all sorts of financial sense when I cancel my drink package if they don't let me use a voucher to buy a drink for a friend.

Earned them?   It is a perk they can give or take away at any time.  This isn’t a pension.  To spin a Clint Eastwood line, “earn has nothing to do with it.”  

We all know if you don’t have a deluxe package you can do what you want with the drinks.  The issue is will they let you use them if you have a deluxe package do you still get diamond drinks.  As D+ they give you 30% off the package when you buy onboard.  Are they also still supposed to give you 5 drinks a day on top?  How would they know who bought onboard versus before?

I’d love to hear of recent reports on this.  Anyone know for sure?  

Edited by topnole

33 minutes ago, BND said:

Did you even see the thread I posted?

I did.  Someone said something.  😀

On Harmony we had 10 drinks between us.  At the end of the day we took the two cards to the bartender and asked how many drinks left.  We then got an after dinner drink or a couple of waters depending.  In my opinion buying drinks for someone who is not entitled is abusing the system.  That's why they require both parties in a stateroom get the Beverage Package or at least one get the refreshment package.

I think once cruising gets back to normal, there will be some changes to compensate.  Just like the olden days where there were unlimited drinks in the D Lounge and 3 drinks loaded on your seapass for you to have drinks with your non-D friends or a drink at the show.  Those 3 drinks were for you, not your friends, although there  was abuse of that system too.

Edited by Auntiemomo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Years ago Pinnacles had the ability to log on several devices to WiFi. But some Pins started sharing their login credentials.  Hey, they earned it, right. Anyway, Royal took the multi device access away, now we only get one.

10 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not sure how that will work.  I had the surf & stream internet package, and the 2 day D+ internet was taken away.  I asked why -- they told me I didn't need it since I had the package.

I had a different experience. I had the 4 device package so I wasn't able to set up another login for my 2 days of D+ internet. Went to the Voom desk and the fella there happily put it onto someone else's account for me. He initially set it up as surf only, i asked him how much it would cost to get surf and stream instead and he just gave it to me since both accounts were D+. Whole process took less than 2 minutes.

2 minutes ago, somerandomidiot said:

I had a different experience. I had the 4 device package so I wasn't able to set up another login for my 2 days of D+ internet. Went to the Voom desk and the fella there happily put it onto someone else's account for me. He initially set it up as surf only, i asked him how much it would cost to get surf and stream instead and he just gave it to me since both accounts were D+. Whole process took less than 2 minutes.

I usually get the 4-device also and share it with others.  I'll have to remember that the next time.  If you ask nicely, lots of things can happen.  I guess it depends on case-by-case, ship-by-ship, person-by-person basis.  

3 hours ago, BND said:

I swear that someone posted recently that if you have the drink package, you don't have the D and above drinks available.  As for sharing, you are allowed to share the D and above drinks with anyone, unlike the drink package.  This has also come up on here several times.  

If someone did they were/are wrong. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

MrMarc never gave any backup to his statement 😉

But we know that sharing the vouchers has not been an issue.  I am normally a huge rule follower, but have yet to see any rule that you can't.

Edited by BND

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If someone did they were/are wrong. 

But, what is your opinion on sharing?  If you're against it, then having a drink package makes the vouchers moot.  

11 hours ago, awestover89 said:

Officially no, you are not supposed to share your drinks, whether from C&A Perks or Packages, but in practice I've noticed bartenders don't seem to care. We've actually had a couple bartenders on our last two cruises ask us if we wanted to use a voucher for our friend since they noticed we didn't use all 4 diamond vouchers on previous days

Same here on our last cruise. Bartenders offered to use my vouchers to buy my sister the drinks. I had the package and she did not.

1 minute ago, BND said:

But, what is your opinion on sharing?  If you're against it, then having a drink package makes the vouchers moot.  

If you are a D and have the drink package, it depends on how much you drink regarding whether or not you should get the drink package.   You have to make that decision on your own.   I know some people who have an unlimited amount of money, get the drink package on every cruise, and just don't care.  They get it for the convenience.  

7 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

If you are a D and have the drink package, it depends on how much you drink regarding whether or not you should get the drink package.   You have to make that decision on your own.   I know some people who have an unlimited amount of money, get the drink package on every cruise, and just don't care.  They get it for the convenience.  

We can more than afford to buy it but find 5 vouchers a day is more than enough.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BND said:

But we know that sharing the vouchers has not been an issue.  I am normally a huge rule follower, but have yet to see any rule that you can't.

Oasis letter was a little vague

20220102_203452.thumb.jpg.3617d0d0f332261e70e03a1c1f181869.jpg

In particular the line about 'services not available to other guests.'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis letter was a little vague

20220102_203452.thumb.jpg.3617d0d0f332261e70e03a1c1f181869.jpg

In particular the line about 'services not available to other guests.'

Interesting line.  Nice and vague.  

This is one I would like to know the official policy on because it means the wife and I will have 5 drinks each we could just give away (if allowed) since we are D+ And have the deluxe package.  We have friends coming along on our next cruise who may want to rethink their drink package scenario if we could buy them 10 drinks a day for free.  They have two cabins so they certainly could set it up for only one adult in each cabin and just do one package.  

It seems crazy.  You can score cabins for 2 people for less than $130 a day right now on some Oasis class ships.  Meanwhile from what I’m reading they will let us give away $130 in value in drinks per day.    Seems odd.  

• Like 1