Check in

Calton

22 minutes ago, Calton said:

We are checking in for our upcoming cruise. I have filled the forms in but it won't let me take picture 🙄

Just skip that step. They will take your picture. Actually, I look at this whole “check in on the app“ thing much as I look at the self check line in the grocery store. I don’t work for the grocery store so I don’t check my own groceries. I don’t work for the cruise line and I don’t need to check in on the app. They will do it all for me when I get to the terminal.  That being said, I will spend a few minutes on the task, and if I can’t easily do it, I’ll just wait and have them do it for me.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Just skip that step. They will take your picture. Actually, I look at this whole “check in on the app“ thing much as I look at the self check line in the grocery store. I don’t work for the grocery store so I don’t check my own groceries. I don’t work for the cruise line and I don’t need to check in on the app. They will do it all for me when I get to the terminal.  That being said, I will spend a few minutes on the task, and if I can’t easily do it, I’ll just wait and have them do it for me.

Oh c'mon, it doesn't take much time at all to check in on the app.  I'm happy to have that over and done.  Especially now with covid, but even at any time.  

• Like 2

Ah, remember the days standing in a long snaking line with hundreds of fellow passengers waiting your turn at the counter to check-in?  Those were the days!

Now, if you have checked-in online, an agent at the terminal with a handheld device scans the barcode on your phone's X app, swipes your passport and sends you on to the ship.

16 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Ah, remember the days standing in a long snaking line with hundreds of fellow passengers waiting your turn at the counter to check-in?  Those were the days!

Now, if you have checked-in online, an agent at the terminal with a handheld device scans the barcode on your phone's X app, swipes your passport and sends you on to the ship.

Those lines started shrinking substantially before check-in apps were common use. Boarding for our cruise in 2019 (on RC Indy) was pretty much continuous movement, no app involved.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Oh c'mon, it doesn't take much time at all to check in on the app.  I'm happy to have that over and done.  Especially now with covid, but even at any time.  

Glad it works for you.  I use only my phone for internet.  I give it two attempts.   Then simply arrive at the pier.  The porters tag my bags and the nice people inside check me in.

Am at probably 50% successful at checking in online.