On board silhouette 4 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

How has the food been so far?  I found the food great and the service a little below normal.

Sadly for masking people interpret the rules differently.  If the rules are masking the cruise lines need to actually enforce them.  On my Disney cruise, many interpreted actively eating or drinking as merely sitting in a dining or drinking area.

Keep sending updates and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

3 hours ago, Sarahash said:

Is the kids club open? we are planning on going on the 1/14 sailing and getting mixed answers on whether the kids club is open and operating. Thanks!

I have seen a couple of kids during lunch at buffet accompanied by celebrity staff.  I would assume they are bringing them down for lunch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

How has the food been so far?  I found the food great and the service a little below normal.

Sadly for masking people interpret the rules differently.  If the rules are masking the cruise lines need to actually enforce them.  On my Disney cruise, many interpreted actively eating or drinking as merely sitting in a dining or drinking area.

Keep sending updates and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

I think the food has been very good thus far.  And our service has been good.   A little crowded for my liking. Asked to be moved last night.  We were within 3 feet of adjacent tables.

• Like 2

I am very pleased that cruising is happening, along with people having a good time, but of course with mask' precautions.  Being resilient and doing "you" on a cruise is the way to keep things moving in the right direction...forward.  I firmly believe that we are coming out of the storm and into a better time for cruises; we just need to get through this hiccup.

Many thanks for sharing information and keeping us up to date with facts.  Have a wonderful time!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 9:31 AM, cruisestitch said:

Update….some cast members are in quarantine and the decision has not been made yet whether or not there might yet be a production show before the end of this cruise 

Let us know if any shows have happened (or scheduled to happen) as of yet.  Thanks for the updates.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

This is a good day.  The captain just made his Sailaway announcement and there are no new cases.

So good to hear!  Following along with your posts.  Thanks for answering questions and your comments on the current cruise.  We will be boarding Silhouette on February 14th.  I think you mentioned that you will also be on that sailing.  Just curious from your screen name, are you a knitter by any chance?  

Continue to have an enjoyable cruise!

@cruisestitch, I apologize if you have already mentioned this. But I’m following an Apex thread that just started today and the OP is using the Basic Surf internet package that came with their AI non-suite package and it’s working great! If I might ask, which internet service are you using, Basic Surf or Streaming to post on cruise critic?

Do you know the current policy for getting off the ship in Antigua? It is listed as a location where the vaccinated could tour on their own, but someone on Facebook say you cannot tour on your own. 

Edited by luvsun22

11 hours ago, gold1953 said:

the no refilling sign has always been there and I always see people filling personal drink containers and even worse using fingers to hold the 'pour' open

LOL -  I guess I never noticed it until my last cruise.      I always just grab a new glass.    On out last cruise the ice machine was broken and they had a tub of ice and a scoop being touched by multiple people.    I chose to go without ice.

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

@cruisestitch, I apologize if you have already mentioned this. But I’m following an Apex thread that just started today and the OP is using the Basic Surf internet package that came with their AI non-suite package and it’s working great! If I might ask, which internet service are you using, Basic Surf or Streaming to post on cruise critic?

Stream

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, luvsun22 said:

Do you know the current policy for getting off the ship in Antigua? It is listed as a location where the vaccinated could tour on their own, but someone on Facebook say you cannot tour on your own. 

See the letter in post #28

7 hours ago, SandyKnits said:

So good to hear!  Following along with your posts.  Thanks for answering questions and your comments on the current cruise.  We will be boarding Silhouette on February 14th.  I think you mentioned that you will also be on that sailing.  Just curious from your screen name, are you a knitter by any chance?  

Continue to have an enjoyable cruise!

No, I am not a knitter, sorry

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL -  I guess I never noticed it until my last cruise.      I always just grab a new glass.    On out last cruise the ice machine was broken and they had a tub of ice and a scoop being touched by multiple people.    I chose to go without ice.

oh the horrors of a tub of ice.!. count me out as well. I would be on the prowl for a working ice machine

Do you know if when you are in Barbados, does Celebrity consider the shuttle/taxi to the Boatyard an approved tour provider since it takes you directly to the Boatyard and then they shuttle you directly back to the port?

Edited by dansu

41 minutes ago, dansu said:

Do you know if when you are in Barbados, does Celebrity consider the shuttle/taxi to the Boatyard an approved tour provider since it takes you directly to the Boatyard and then they shuttle you directly back to the port?

We were in Barbados on the Silhouette a month ago. I don’t know the answer to your question but if it turns out to be no, I wanted to mention that we booked the Celebrity “excursion” to Harbour Lights and had a very enjoyable morning at the beach.  Umbrella and two loungers included.  (Same beach along Carlisle Bay as the Boatyard if I’m not mistaken.) 

• Thanks 1

I am wondering if they have enforced social distancing in the theater?  When we cruised in On NCL in Greece in October they had a note on every third seat to keep it vacant, and they enforced it.

I haven’t been to the theater but I can say again that we are only 1/3 of the potential passengers so it’s pretty easy to spread out no matter where you are. What will happen as they have more and more passengers, we’ll just have to wait and see.

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Couldn’t you just grab a napkin to wrap around the scoop’s handle?

back when the buffer was self-serve I generally used a napkin thusly when using the common spoon or fork.