Portable fan for stateroom

10 hours ago, death_star said:

We had 3 interior cabins in a row a couple weeks ago on her and 2 of the 3 had issues with the power. They came and resolved them pretty quickly. 

I had the temp all the way down in my cabin and seemed to work just fine. Not fighting the sun in an interior though. 

I wish I would have complained more, maybe it would have gotten fixed. The guy told us though that it was a big job and made it sound like he didn’t even have a replacement fan!  I asked if he could just take one from an unoccupied room and he said no, job is too big. It’s right at the door entrance, so he had a ladder totally blocking the door. 

17 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Do you guys think I could bring this for the room?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083TMWFSZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter Filtration System

8.7 x 8.7 x 16.25 inches

Sure, if you want to sacrifice that much space/weight in your luggage.  It's not a prohibited item or a weapon, so you're good to go. 

Would a rechargeable battery fan be allowed?  I love my Ryobi personal clamp fan and it would be great for in the cabin. I don’t see anything in the “prohibited list” regarding fans at all. 

edit:  I added a photo of the charger too  99F985E5-79A3-4EF6-AA18-F4574D051AD7.jpeg.7808757151e78b9e45723d923e73fac7.jpeg

0CB2497E-F357-4269-A519-55B754AE728C.jpeg

Edited by thrifty99
  • Like 1

I too sleep with a fan on, I have been on several cruises and have always asked GS for a fan. They always tell ,me they dont have one. However I ask my room steward and tell them if they can find one for my room, I have never had an issue getting one. 

18 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

Would a rechargeable battery fan be allowed?  I love my Ryobi personal clamp fan and it would be great for in the cabin. I don’t see anything in the “prohibited list” regarding fans at all. 

edit:  I added a photo of the charger too  99F985E5-79A3-4EF6-AA18-F4574D051AD7.jpeg.7808757151e78b9e45723d923e73fac7.jpeg

0CB2497E-F357-4269-A519-55B754AE728C.jpeg

There's nothing wrong with this, as long as you don't mind the weight in your suitcase.  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It sounds like you had quite the adventure dealing with the room temperature on your cruise. Having your own portable fan for future trips is a great idea for staying comfortable.
When it comes to small fans, consider checking out some travel-friendly options. Look for ones that are compact, have adjustable settings, and are easy to pack. You can explore various brands and models online or at local stores to find the best fit for your needs.
By the way, if you ever need to get some ceiling fans, you can try to buy ceiling fans in bulk. Wishing you cooler and more comfortable stateroom experiences in the future!

Edited by MollyHenry

We have been using this fan for almost a year.  It has 3 speeds and can either be hung with a heavy duty hook or can stand on a counter.  It plugs into a USB port to charge and folds flat to fit easily in a carry-on.  We fly and cruise with it all the time!

IMG_1065.png

50 minutes ago, knbcruisers said:

Hi all, these are great suggestions, but can you comment on the noise level? DH needs the fan sound for sleep as much as the breeze..

The one I suggested makes very little noise.  Does have 2 speeds and the higher one is a bit louder.

Probably not what you're looking for if he wants a noisey one....

Has anyone ever used a portable USB-powered ceiling fan in their room? Like the one in the picture below.

image.thumb.png.89064231a3c3481d16321ff530b9bf89.png

I was thinking about getting this from Amazon and hanging it over our bed using a magnetic hook.