Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Oh dear- I hope it wasn't all bad  They probably know me because I found that door on my first day.  I was in 11080 beside that exit door and thought it would be so much easier to get up to the Terrace that way rather than walk all the way down to the elevator.  The Butler was with me when I did so I won't take all the blame lol but I did get warned to not do it again.  I behaved.

The stairs you never got to climb lol

16418602041598918498777499937663.jpg

5 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

By the way, if you want your own personal view of the wake,  Walk through that exit door on deck 7.  You won't get locked out😄

I like the view at the back of the terrace.  Incidentally, if you're ever at the lunch buffet and they have the Mole Pork Shoulder (I think that was the cut) - you have to get it.  🔥

20211224_123406.thumb.jpg.37f581a8d3c32f4d5ba686f6528d8ea1.jpg

20211224_123355.thumb.jpg.d3375f3b46fb6a16a37755a13d2b7e43.jpg

Edited by pilgrimage
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

By the way, if you want your own personal view of the wake,  Walk through that exit door on deck 7.  You won't get locked out😄

I will do that......unless you are setting me up to get arrested! Lolol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pilgrimage said:

I like the view at the back of the terrace.  Incidentally, if you're ever at the lunch buffet and they have the Mole Pork Shoulder (I think that was the cut) - you have to get it.  🔥

Same view but much closer to the water.  I will check out the mole pork in May.  My all time favorite is the 72 hr braised short rib which doesn't look like any short rib I ever had.

88609991_72HourBraisedShortrib.thumb.jpg.5ce8ff0a0c3e9abe2ea53c468e4aa8e3.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Another question, since you offered.  It is much appreciated.

Your internet must be pretty good this cruise.  Does Oceania offer different levels of internet?  Is Streaming the standard internet?

Thank you.

There is a streaming upgrade not sure the price just using the surf provided.  It has been pretty good for Ship wifi.

I'm sure someone can chime in who knows the price.

Free plan is Wavenet Free unlimited and the upgrade is Wavenet Prime with streaming that has a per day rate charge.

Edited by Nymich

Just now, Nymich said:

There is a streaming upgrade not sure the price just using the surf provided.  It has been pretty good for Ship wifi.

Thanks.  i could not find it on line, so I was not sure.  

22 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Free plan is Wavenet Free unlimited and the upgrade is Wavenet Prime with streaming that has a per day rate charge.

The streaming upgrade is $10/day.  I don't think it was any faster, but it will let you play YouTube, etc.(sometimes), and I could access my home cameras when logged into that.  I was surprised when I went to get the streaming upgrade, I ended up with two logins - one streaming, one not - for just the $10/day.  That was unexpected, I didn't have to pay extra for the second login.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

The streaming upgrade is $10/day.  I don't think it was any faster, but it will let you play YouTube, etc.(sometimes), and I could access my home cameras when logged into that.  I was surprised when I went to get the streaming upgrade, I ended up with two logins - one streaming, one not - for just the $10/day.  That was unexpected, I didn't have to pay extra for the second login.

You are correct. There is no “speed” difference. The “free” blocks streaming. The “paid” unblocks it.

• Thanks 1

Last night the announcement to the Guests before the show was "report anyone who is not wearing a mask to a crew member and we will get Security."

This is only a fact being reported from the Ship. It's not to debate mask efficiency or not. If one does not want to follow mask mandates then take the FCC and wait because everyday they ramp it up a little with the requirement.  

One may think this is wrong but it's probably more wrong to stick with a cruise where someone is explaining how it is on the Ship and you go and are not happy about it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Last night the announcement to the Guests before the show was "report anyone who is not wearing a mask to a crew member and we will get Security."

This is only a fact being reported from the Ship. It's not to debate mask efficiency or not. If one does not want to follow mask mandates then take the FCC and wait because everyday they ramp it up a little with the requirement.  

One may think this is wrong but it's probably more wrong to stick with a cruise where someone is explaining how it is on the Ship and you go and are not happy about it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Today is the point of no return for my decision to sail on Jan. 14th.   This seals the deal.  We're sailing!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

Who will be the first wife to report a husband, or vice versa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3