Regent seven seas mariner cancels world cruise one day before departure

Pcardad

Excursion idea for Aruba, if it's still available: the Atlantis Submarine Adventure!  A bit claustrophic if that's a problem for you, but it was really fun.  Especially good choice if you're not into snorkeling but want to see a reef and some fish. One of David's all-time favourites.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Excursion idea for Aruba, if it's still available: the Atlantis Submarine Adventure!  A bit claustrophic if that's a problem for you, but it was really fun.  Especially good choice if you're not into snorkeling but want to see a reef and some fish. One of David's all-time favourites.

I second the submarine adventure. Only draw back can be if the water is cloudy. We have do the sub thing most places it is offered. It is the same tour offered to the public.

For.a DIY tour, the trolley ride is fun also…Aruba ‘s answer to the HOHO and you meet it right at the dock. Can’t remember the cost, reasonable especially if walking in the heat is a problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BBWC said:

I understand it is 35 people, and I am sure they will be tested.

I heard 20 will move over and a Covid test was part of the deal 

This from the promo offer from Regent to prospective Crystal guests 

On January 31st, all guests will need to undergo a COVID-19 antigen test, which will be paid for by Regent. 

Transportation from the hotel to the testing site will also be provided.  Testing is expected to take approximately one hour. 

In the case of a positive COVID-19 antigen test result the guest will be required to undergo a confirmatory rapid PCR test. If the rapid PCR test is positive, the Department of Health will take over and provide the guest with all necessary information about quarantine. The isolation expenses will be covered with the Aruba Visitors Insurance purchased by the guest.

For guest who test negative, transportation from the testing site to Seven Seas Mariner will be provided and included.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 7:27 AM, BBWC said:

In addition to the lunches, they now added a wine tasting dinner. We signed up for it since we prefer not to gave multiple course meals in the middle of the day. Just hoping that there are more takers given the lack of passengers. The sommeliers are heavily promoting it.

I would love that option! Hope they continue it. Never have room for dinner after the wine lunch and need an afternoon nap!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

In addition to the lunches, they now added a wine tasting dinner.

There will be a certain number of passengers who will receive refunds from their paid excursions to cancelled ports who may find they have on board credits they were not expecting - this would be an excellent way to use them.

• Like 2