Regent seven seas mariner cancels world cruise one day before departure

Pcardad

1 hour ago, BBWC said:

It absolutely did not say that. What the email said was “you will be able to enjoy the gala dinner in the comfort of your room”. And that is where we ate it.

Well, maybe they were taking their own bottle of wine and usually, when you eat in your room, it is provided by room service.  I did not see the wording from RSSC.  I used quotes because that was what they told me.  Sorry!

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Shouldn't be hard to verify if they tested tested everyone who was onboard - some of them must be here. I am not aware of mass testing of Americans on any Regent ship though...

Yes, everyone was tested Tuesday morning. We were also tested on Sunday, if you wanted to leave the ship for tours, sightseeing.

3 hours ago, johng75370 said:

My suspicion is that Regent tested everyone on Mariner on Tuesday (yesterday) in order to get real hard data to base their decision on.

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I am not aware of mass testing of Americans on any Regent ship though...

The San Francisco Health Department required everyone, irrespective of nationality, to be antigen tested before going ashore. This was both for those going on excursions and those disembarking the ship at the end of the cruise

Regent arranged tests as follows:

Jan 2nd - for those wishing to go ashore on Jan 3rd. This test result was only acceptable to SF for Jan 3rd, not for the 4th or 5th.

Jan 4th (from 7am) - for those going ashore on Jan 4th and those disembarking on Jan 5th (Antigen for all plus PCR for those international travellers that required it)

A very onerous requirement for Regent and their guests, putting enormous pressure on the ship’s testing facilities.

Inevitably there were lines waiting to be tested, especially on Jan 4th. Many, IMO unfairly, blamed Regent for the situation.

I am not aware that any data on overall results has been published but the vibe was that very few guests tested positive.

IMO, the results of the testing required by the San Francisco health department had nothing to do with Regent’s decisions regarding re-routing the “World Cruise”.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

The San Francisco Health Department required everyone, irrespective of nationality, to be antigen tested before going ashore. This was both for those going on excursions and those disembarking the ship at the end of the cruise

Regent arranged tests as follows:

Jan 2nd - for those wishing to go ashore on Jan 3rd. This test result was only acceptable to SF for Jan 3rd, not for the 4th or 5th.

Jan 4th (from 7am) - for those going ashore on Jan 4th and those disembarking on Jan 5th (Antigen for all plus PCR for those international travellers that required it)

A very onerous requirement for Regent and their guests, putting enormous pressure on the ship’s testing facilities.

Inevitably there were lines waiting to be tested, especially on Jan 4th. Many, IMO unfairly, blamed Regent for the situation.

I am not aware that any data on overall results has been published but the vibe was that very few guests tested positive.

IMO, the results of the testing required by the San Francisco health department had nothing to do with Regent’s decisions regarding re-routing the “World Cruise”.

Thank you - I wasn't sure. 😃 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MAPD said:

Does anyone know why the Mariner cut their trip to San francisco short?  We followed them online and they skipped several Mexican ports and arrived 2 days early in San Francisco.

One of the recent Mariner threads said Mexico closed their west coast ports, later opened them again but not in time for the Mariner cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cwn said:

Are you going to continue in with at least the first segment? If so I hope you will post about how it is going.

Yes, we are on board. Have already decided that we are going to stay for the whole thing no matter where the ship goes. We just love it, the crew is fantastic. Masks are really not an issue.

There are about 400 passengers this segment since apparently a lot of world cruisers decided to do at least one segment. Will see what happens later on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Yes, we are on board. Have already decided that we are going to stay for the whole thing no matter where the ship goes…….

Good for you. After all the things one has to do to get ready for being gone 120 days, I would to. The crew is very special on the WC and the Mariner is special also. Have you been up the Amazon, we love that trip so much we are doing it again on the Mariner in the Fall. 
Please let us know how things are going as far as ports and things on the ship when you have time.

52 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Yes, we are on board. Have already decided that we are going to stay for the whole thing no matter where the ship goes. We just love it, the crew is fantastic. Masks are really not an issue.

There are about 400 passengers this segment since apparently a lot of world cruisers decided to do at least one segment. Will see what happens later on.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

BBWC; like y 'all's positive approach to these WC itinerary changes.  Enjoyed sharing the South Pacific with y'all on the Mariner a few years ago. Sad, to have missed Lisbon to Capetown, but will take a look at the Mariner mid March - April 10, Amazon itinerary tomorrow (believe that's when it will show up on the rssc site) and may transfer $$ to this voyage.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to start a controversy with Captain Jablin. I am not at all concerned as he keeps to himself. 
Wes, it would be great if you could join us. Things are really great on board, and we are just trying to contribute a little bit to ensure that the crew keep their jobs. They are doing their best.

I know it is early but so far this has been the best group of passengers we have had on Regent. Maybe the complainers all left in a huff. Everyone is complying with protocols and seems genuinely trying to make the most of it.

• Like 6

On 1/5/2022 at 9:18 AM, johng75370 said:

@pingpong1 posted this yesterday from Mariner, which sounded like all guests had to be tested: 

“Now, almost like "magic", we all received letters last night (while we were at dinners) and left awaiting us on our beds, that we are now ALL required to get tests today (Tuesday morning).”

John - You have it correct!  On Tuesday morning (Jan 4) Every repeat Every passenger had to report up to the Observation Lounge (times based upon suite/deck number) for Covid Antigen Testing.  EVERYONE was required to be tested, with results reported to the San Francisco Board of Health prior to all debarkations from the ship on the morning of Jan 5.

If anyone's test results came back "Positive", those folks (along with their travel/suite partner) had to undergo a further PCR test which was carried out in their individual staterooms.  Regards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to start a controversy with Captain Jablin. I am not at all concerned as he keeps to himself. 
Wes, it would be great if you could join us. Things are really great on board, and we are just trying to contribute a little bit to ensure that the crew keep their jobs. They are doing their best.

I know it is early but so far this has been the best group of passengers we have had on Regent. Maybe the complainers all left in a huff. Everyone is complying with protocols and seems genuinely trying to make the most of it.

sorry, don't see a controversy her re Cap Jablin. Hope he is doing well. My wife and I met him a few times and had some great conversations (long story, but navy town history). 

9 hours ago, BBWC said:

BBWC, could you ask one of the senior staff if they intend to administer the (Columbia) required PCR test so passsengers may go ashore in Cartagena? The Explorer has just canceled their stop there due to:

(Per post from Mike & Patty on board now.) Our stop in Cartagena on 7 Jan is canceled due to the need for the PCR test for each passenger and crew member, plus other requirements. We will stop for fuel only and depart.

Thank you for all your updates.

(305) 673-0365

5 hours ago, labonnevie said:

BBWC, could you ask one of the senior staff if they intend to administer the (Columbia) required PCR test so passsengers may go ashore in Cartagena? The Explorer has just canceled their stop there due to:

(Per post from Mike & Patty on board now.) Our stop in Cartagena on 7 Jan is canceled due to the need for the PCR test for each passenger and crew member, plus other requirements. We will stop for fuel only and depart.

Thank you for all your updates.

(305) 673-0365

We are not going ashore in Cartagena. It has turned into a technical stop. Presumably to satisfy the PVSA.

Edited by BBWC

On 1/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, mrlevin said:

Is there a link to the Miami Miami segments and pricing?

edited to add:  30% is a pittance; Caribbean excursions so much cheaper than rest of the world.  Plus, there is a two category upgrade sale going on now.  If I can get one or more segments for $400 pp/pd I will jump on it.

Fares for the Amazon segment have been posted; more expensive than my identical itinerary on Mariner over Christmas and NewYear's 2023; no incentive at all to switch.   I guess Regent isn't going to work too hard to fill up the three ships they have managed to get started. 

• Like 3

I am one of the San Francisco people who decided to cancel on the world cruise after the itinerary was changed at the last minute.  Would someone please tell me how to respond to a specific post which I see several of you have done.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Fares for the Amazon segment have been posted; more expensive than my identical itinerary on Mariner over Christmas and NewYear's 2023; no incentive at all to switch.   I guess Regent isn't going to work too hard to fill up the three ships they have managed to get started. 

Interesting, and I stand corrected.  I calculated the per diem for this March/22 segment and thought it was a bargain, but I see, as you say, little difference from the one you're doing in 2023.

3 minutes ago, MAPD said:

I am one of the San Francisco people who decided to cancel on the world cruise after the itinerary was changed at the last minute.  Would someone please tell me how to respond to a specific post which I see several of you have done.  Thanks.

You can just "Quote" the whole post, or highlight the paragraph you wish to cite, and an invitation to respond will pop up.

4 minutes ago, MAPD said:

Push the quote button bottom left of screen of the post you want to respond to and that post will appear in the reply section. Then type .

As Wendy says you can highlight what your are responding to or just delete the parts of the post that are not of interest to your response. That helps if the quoted post is long.

Edited by cwn

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

What is Regent doing for those that don't have a valid Brazilian visa? Or yellow fever vaccination?

thanks,

Marc

We are booked on navigator for April 28th…Amazon cruise. Do we need a Brazilian visa? We are skipping the yellow fever vaccination. Doctor said no based on our ages and health issues.