Regent seven seas mariner cancels world cruise one day before departure

Pcardad

Got Regent's email about an hour ago.  Our segment from Tokyo to San Francisco canceled.  No FCCs; strictly cash refund within the next 60 days.  

That's the third try for Tokyo within the last 20 months or so.  Will try again, perhaps in '23 or '24.  

GOARMY!

1 minute ago, GOARMY said:

Got Regent's email about an hour ago.  Our segment from Tokyo to San Francisco canceled.  No FCCs; strictly cash refund within the next 60 days.  

That's the third try for Tokyo within the last 20 months or so.  Will try again, perhaps in '23 or '24.  

GOARMY!

Japan is still closed to tourists. My daughter lives there and I have been waiting two years to visit!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

The World Cruisers are in San Francisco having room service instead of the Gala event.  They received an email and had a hard copy delivered to their hotel room.

How sad.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  Unreal.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

The World Cruisers are in San Francisco having room service instead of the Gala event.  They received an email and had a hard copy delivered to their hotel room.

No, not room service. Grab and go.

Is there a link to the Miami Miami segments and pricing?

edited to add:  30% is a pittance; Caribbean excursions so much cheaper than rest of the world.  Plus, there is a two category upgrade sale going on now.  If I can get one or more segments for $400 pp/pd I will jump on it.

Edited by mrlevin

It is so sad.  Beginning to go through the grieving process.  Have been planning the 2021 then 2022 world cruise since 2019.  Having it end in the cruise hotel with a grab and go dinner and breakfast is just too hard to take.  Only positive is that we shortly will be home to spend more time with our grandchildren.  Better luck next time.

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Sounds horrid. Bad preview of things to come

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Is there a link to the Miami Miami segments and pricing?

edited to add:  30% is a pittance; Caribbean excursions so much cheaper than rest of the world.  Plus, there is a two category upgrade sale going on now.  If I can get one or more segments for $400 pp/pd I will jump on it.

Right now we only have an ‘initial draft’.