Key- early or priority?

The key was just made available on my 3 day Freedom cruise at the end of the month (it showed sold out earlier).

Most post I see talk about early check in but I’m seeing “Priority Access into terminal (within booked arrival time”?)

My scheduled check in is 12:30-1 but would pay for key if it meant we got on ship earlier.

6 minutes ago, richmore said:

My scheduled check in is 12:30-1 but would pay for key if it meant we got on ship earlier.

RCI loves you for this - yes, it should get you on the shop earlier.

Biker, who credits RCI marketing teams to know how to separate folks from the money in their wallets.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, richmore said:

The key was just made available on my 3 day Freedom cruise at the end of the month (it showed sold out earlier).

Most post I see talk about early check in but I’m seeing “Priority Access into terminal (within booked arrival time”?)

Unfortunately, with most of the ships boarding 2 hours late right now, it is my understanding that those who purchased the key also go 2 hours later.

I have it for an upcoming Freedom cruise. Received a letter yesterday stating the below. But above poster makes a good point about delayed departure- not sure if that would just wipe out Chops lunch or how that would work. 

From letter yesterday:

Please arrive at the terminal between 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM. If you are not able to make the early access window, you should arrive within your appointment time and will receive priority access into the terminal.

I had a noon time in dec and suites and key priority could skip to the front of that line. I think it says key can board a hour early ... but the ship isnt always early a hour early. 

Chops for lunch and baggage express were nice I heard. Those with the key during chops the concierge booked their shows for them and got them all booked up. Most thought it was very nice and were happy I read. .. from my roll call. They especially appreciated having shows booked. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI loves you for this - yes, it should get you on the shop earlier.

Biker, who credits RCI marketing teams to know how to separate folks from the money in their wallets.

It ends up being $24 more for our trip then just the internet- which we would buy anyways . Between the chops lunch, early entry - I don’t mind paying it. 

2 minutes ago, richmore said:

It ends up being $24 more for our trip then just the internet- which we would buy anyways . Between the chops lunch, early entry - I don’t mind paying it. 

Under your circumstances, it is a decent product.  Chops lunch is $21.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, mein18 said:

Unfortunately, with most of the ships boarding 2 hours late right now, it is my understanding that those who purchased the key also go 2 hours later.

Can someone tell me what "The Key" is?  We haven't sailed RCCL in a little while and I am not familiar with that program.

21 hours ago, richmore said:

It seems that if you factor in the internet, assuming that you would be buying it anyway is the only time the Key makes sense financially. In the past it wasn't much help for the amusement reservations because of the times they  were scheduled and anyone can pre book a show using the APP.  

I wonder if anyone got a prorated refund for the Key on the Symphony since all of the shows seemed to be canceled during the Christmas sailing. 

26 minutes ago, fun_one said:

Can someone tell me what "The Key" is?  We haven't sailed RCCL in a little while and I am not familiar with that program.

It's an add on item that ranges from $14.99 per person per day to $39.99. That was the price range when it first started out. I would say average price is $24.99 per person per day.

The Key Guests will enjoy the following exclusive and special amenities during their cruise vacation: 

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1*
  • Carry-on bag drop off in the Main Dining Room with stateroom delivery**
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille® menu***
  • Private time at onboard activities**** including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore
  • Early access at shows in the Main theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B, and Two70 (all guests must have a reservation in order to qualify)
  • VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet – 1 package per paying guest
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive á la carte breakfast and choice departure