Carnival is now allowing cancellations past January14th

I was able to cancel for 1/29/22 & 2/6/22 with 100% refund to the original form of payment within three weeks.  It was quick and easy online using the link at the top of the page 

I tried earlier this morning and it would have been 100% cancellation fee.  I don't know how far out they are extending this, but good to know it was finally an option.

• Like 2

I just completed the form to cancel my 1/29 Panorama cruise.  On Carnival’s website it didn’t have anything to acknowledge the cancellation, but I did get an email confirming my request to cancel and saying their hard-working staff working from home are processing these many cancellation requests.

6 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

I got: The information you submitted indicates that your cruise is scheduled to operate and is not eligible for a full refund. Normal cancellation fees will apply.

Checked our Feb. 12th cruise and got the same message.

5 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

I got: The information you submitted indicates that your cruise is scheduled to operate and is not eligible for a full refund. Normal cancellation fees will apply.

They must be working on their system now.  I cancelled 1/29 & 2/06 with no problems.  Our travel companions cancelled 1/29, but then when they tried to cancel 2/6, they got the message:

The information you submitted indicates that your cruise is scheduled to operate and is not eligible for a full refund. Normal cancellation fees will apply. 

Earlier today I was getting the fee message. Now it's a full refund. Mardi Gras 1/29, tough decision because it's already only 3 ports and we're likely to lose at least one. Wish they'd throw an OBC offer to make it more tempting to stay.

• Like 1

This was mentioned on FB although nothing official as yet, but I have cancelled the Horizon on 22nd and had email to confirm the request has been submitted. Huge relief as thinking of cancelling but was concerned on whether would get FCC, so this has made my day. 

6 minutes ago, dsa236 said:

I had to try twice for my 1/29 Vista cruise for it to give me the option to cancel or fcc

When I requested cancellation for my 1/29 Panorama the only option given was full refund to original form of payment.

Edited by nwcruiselover

1 hour ago, adriennerm said:

I am scheduled for the Vista on 1/29. We are considering if we want to go forward. It's a tough decision

We are on that cruise as well.  We snagged a suite for $500/pp.  Not sure what to do.

On another forum someone posted a screenshot from their phone that they couldn't cancel.  But I could cancel the same cruise from my PC just about the same time.  So I'd suggest if you aren't able to cancel from your phone - try to do it on a regular computer.

• Like 1

I'm envious of the easy cancellation. When I canceled Radiance for mid-Jan, I spent an hour getting a rep, then another hour while she got approval for a full refund. So I imagine someone just decided that their phone system would be completely broken if they didn't try to make the refunds automatic. Their customer service is also US-based, so they'll also probably be dealing with omicron absences and difficulty hiring also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morrieb1 said:

On another forum someone posted a screenshot from their phone that they couldn't cancel.  But I could cancel the same cruise from my PC just about the same time.  So I'd suggest if you aren't able to cancel from your phone - try to do it on a regular computer.

I cancelled 2 cruises on my PC.  Friends cancelled the first week but it wouldn't let them cancel the second week.  I tried it on my PC and still can't cancel their second week.  Same cruise same PC🤥

3 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I cancelled 2 cruises on my PC.  Friends cancelled the first week but it wouldn't let them cancel the second week.  I tried it on my PC and still can't cancel their second week.  Same cruise same PC🤥

Its not showing on my phone .it came up yesterday but would not let me cancel.i am unvaxxed anyway .i just wanted to speed up my refund.i will try my pc tomorrow if not i will call the t.a. .